27th December 2013, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

Difference between Masters degree and Postgraduate Diploma? Can I appear for UGC NET after Postgraduate diploma in Journalism?

what is difference between masters degree and post graduate diploma degree?? are they equivalent ??? can i appear for UGC NET EXAMINATION after completing my post graduate diploma in journalism??

1st January 2014, 10:21 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Difference between Masters degree and Postgraduate Diploma? Can I appear for UGC NET after Postgraduate diploma in Journalism?

Diploma is nothing but the certification issued by the colleges to test that whether the students have completed the course successfully or not .

It is the shorter duration than a degree course and does not have that value when compared to degree

Whereas Post graduate diploma can be obtained when the candidate completes the under graduation level , so it adds the additional qualification and by getting post graduation some times the company even pays him/her higher pay and it is one of the benefit of higher studies .

UGC NET Eligibility :

Candidate’s should secure minimum of 55% marks in Master’s degree from UGC recognized universities / institutions must have computer science & applications , electronic science and 50 % marks required for SC/ST candidates.

Final year students are also eligible to apply for the exam.

Age limit : Candidates should not be more than 28 years

Age Relaxation : There will be 5 years relaxation for SC/ST and women candidates

LLM degree holders are allowed age relaxation upto 3 years

Ph.D holders cannot apply

Candidates who have qualified in the state eligibility test as on June 2002 are exempted from appearing in NET and can apply across colleges in India.

Examination fee : Rs450 and Rs 225 for OBC and Rs 110 for SC/ST/PWD.
16th February 2014, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Difference between Masters degree and Postgraduate Diploma? Can I appear for UGC NET after Postgraduate diploma in Journalism?

I am 45 years of age and have teaching experience of 5 years ,at high school, I have a Bsc degree can I do a diploma and then appear for NET ?
3rd October 2015, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

Can one year of Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism apply for UGC NET exam ?.
19th April 2018, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

Can one year of post graduate diploma holder apply for ugc net exam..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?