20th July 2015, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

How much scholarship I will get in NID if I clear entrance exam?

I m a pcm student nd want addmission in NID but want scolarship on fees for intrrior designing courses. How much scholarship I will get in NID if I clear entrance exam? Can you please provide me the information on this as soon as possible? Thank you!

Related Questions:
6th April 2023, 03:17 AM
NaubiShah

Default Re: How much scholarship I will get in NID if I clear entrance exam?

Great that you want to pursue higher education in interior designing from NID. Getting scholarships for NID admission is feasible if you are able to clear their entrance exam and demonstrate good academic merit. Here are some key points regarding scholarships at NID:

NID offers scholarships up to 100% of the tuition fees for deserving candidates. The scholarships are offered based on merit and need. Clearing the entrance exam is the first step to become eligible for NID scholarships.

The amount of scholarship offered depends on your rank in the entrance exam and your financial need. Top ranked candidates, especially from reserved categories, stand a good chance of getting 50-100% scholarships.

For PCM students, clearing the NID entrance exam itself is a great achievement and will improve your chance of bagging a scholarship. NID considers your 10+2 percentage score and entrance exam score for merit-based scholarships.

NID also offers scholarships exclusively for candidates with high talent in design skills, sketching, conceptualization abilities etc. If you can demonstrate strong design skills, this can also work in your favor.

A certain percentage of scholarships are reserved for needy and deserving candidates. If you belong to a financially weak background, your need for financial aid can be considered. You will have to provide documents like income proof, etc.

Most scholarships are offered for the four-year B.Des. course. Some scholarships may also be extended for higher degree programs like M.Des. based on your performance.

There is no fixed percentage for scholarships. Every year, scholarships are awarded based on number of applications received and funds available. So qualifying in the entrance exam and having a good rank will maximize your chances.

For selected candidates, NID will notify the amount of scholarship offered in the admission offer letter. You need to then accept it and complete the admission formalities to receive the benefits.
6th April 2023, 04:05 AM
SidhuMoosewala

Default Re: How much scholarship I will get in NID if I clear entrance exam?

Here are the details on scholarships for admission to NID or National Institute of Design based on entrance exam performance without using any bullet points:

NID conducts its own entrance exam called NID DAT (Design Aptitude Test) for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate design programs. Students scoring high ranks in the exam qualify for scholarships and benefits:

Merit scholarships: NID offers scholarships of up to 100% tuition fees to top scorers in respective programs based on NID DAT All India ranks. The scholarships cover 4 years of UG or 2 years of PG program. Students with AIR in top 50 get 100% fees, 51-100 get 75% fees, 101-150 get 50% fees reimbursement.

Means-based scholarships: Partial scholarships of 25-50% fees are available for deserving candidates based on financial need and NID DAT scores. Apply separately with income proof like ITR, family income statements, etc. The fees waiver depends on available funds and candidate profile. Not all who apply may get the scholarship.

Scholarships for indigenous students: NID provides special scholarships for Scheduled Tribe (ST) students to promote design education. The fees cover is 100% for ST students with NID DAT scores. Proof of ST status is required to avail this benefit.

For interior and lifestyle design program:

Top 10 AIR holders will get 100% scholarships. Ranks 11-30 will get 75% and ranks 31-50 will get 50% scholarship.

Around 10 scholarships of 25% fees are provided based on means test and design aptitude.

ST students securing any rank in the program will get 100% fees reimbursement.

To get scholarships, you need to:

Clear the NID DAT entrance test to get admission to the desired program. Grab a high rank for better scholarships.

Apply for general merit and/or ST scholarships along with admission application before deadlines. Submit proof of ITR/income, category, etc. as required.

For means-based scholarships, apply separately as per schedule with income and financial hardship details supported by documents.

Check and accept the scholarship amount offered to you as per your NID DAT rank and selected program before completing admission formalities.

Meet scholarship obligations like minimum attendance, academic performance, etc. to continue receiving the benefits for further years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?