23rd March 2016, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

Is it difficult to get an Education Loan with bad CIBIL record?

Hello Everyone,
I have settled my credit card few months ago. I would like to apply for an Education Loan for my daughter. I would like to know that as I have a bad CIBIL record then is it difficult for me to get an Education Loan?

Related Questions:
  1. Does all Banks inspect CIBIL of a candidate who want to apply for an Education Loan?
  2. Does Banks verify CIBIL score of credit card holders for an Education Loan?
  3. Want to do B.E. but family's financial conditions are not good, what to do? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount is still unpaid?
  5. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount still unpaid?
  6. Will I be not applicable for an Education Loan with bad credit history having a credit card?
  7. Will I get loan for 3rd and 4th year if have backlog in 2nd year?
  8. Whether my Education Loan amount can be waived off if I am Physically Handicapped person?
  9. Can I make it to the IIMs after having bad past record?
  10. How can I get job in Infosys, Accenture and IBM as a Software Developer? Required Eligibility criteria for this purpose? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Am I eligible for CSIR exam after completing 55%?
  12. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
  13. Can I get an Education Loan again to study M.E. if completed B.E. with an Education Loan?
  14. What kind of features are available in an Education Loan scheme to study Post Graduation in Abroad? Is it possible to pay education loan amount after completion of education?
  15. Details about MCA colleges in Bangalore with reasonable fee and good placement record? What should I do if I can take education loan only upto 4 Lacs?
  16. Detailed information about Education Loan Consolidation for PGDM aspirant?
  17. Detailed information about Education Loan Consolidation for PGDM aspirant?
  18. Can I get Education Loan for KIITEE?
26th March 2016, 11:54 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it difficult to get an Education Loan with bad CIBIL record?

It depends on the Loan amount and your IT Return for the previous year.
If you are taking a loan of less than Rs 4 Lacs then it does not matter as you will be sanctioned the Loan once the documents regarding your Loan is verified by the Bank where you apply for the Educational Loan.
You CIBIL Record will not matter at all if the Bank deems that you are capable of repaying the Loan after verifying the your IT Return of the last Financial Year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?