25th July 2012, 08:28 PM
shashank kumars

Am I eligible for CSIR exam after completing 55%?

my friend is 60% marks in mca but bca complited in 55% and he is eligible to csir exam.

31st August 2012, 01:41 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CSIR exam after completing 55%?

I believe what you are referring to is CSIR-UGC NET Exam. This exam is conducted for the post of lecturer in central government colleges. For this exam, your percentage in post graduate course is considered, therefore it is irrelevant how much marks you got in the BCA. Therefore to make it simple, yes you are eligible for the National Eligibility Test.

You should start preparing for the National Eligibility Test. Your subject for the National Eligibility Test would be Computer Science and Applications since you have completed Master of Computer Application course (MCA). I have attached a pdf file which contains more information about your syllabus.

Start preparing for the exam as soon as possible because it is not easy to crack the National Eligibility Test. Large number of candidates has made NET very competitive and tough exam to crack. Therefore it is important to give yourself, good 4-6 months to prepare for the National Eligibility Test.

Eligibility

~~ Candidate should be Indian citizen.

~~ A post graduate degree in any stream from a recognised college.

~~ At least 55 percent marks in post graduation course.

~~ In case of SC/ST, 50 percent marks are required in PG course.

~~ Your subject for NET Exam would be Computer Science and Applications. Please remember this subject is for MCA candidates.

~~ Final year students of post graduation course may also apply but should be able to submit degree within 2 years of passing the NET exam to avoid disqualification.

~~ The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

~~ There is up to five years relaxation in age for reserve category candidates.

~~ No age limit for the Lectureship.

~~ There is no limit on number of attempts.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Computer Science Syllabus.pdf(936.4 KB, 56 views)
31st August 2012, 02:36 PM
i am sure
Member+

Eligibility for CSIR – JRF (NET)

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:
M.Sc. or Equivalent degree with a minimum of 55% marks for General &OBC, 50% for SC/ST Candidates.

AGE LIMIT
For JRF (NET): Minimum 19 years and maximum 28 years as
relaxed up to 5 years as in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC
31st August 2012, 03:17 PM
vishwasourabh

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for CSIR exam after completing 55%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank kumars View Post
my friend is 60% marks in mca but bca complited in 55% and he is eligible to csir exam.
Eligibility

~~ Candidate should be Indian citizen.

~~ A post graduate degree in any stream from a recognised college.

~~ At least 55 percent marks in post graduation course.

~~ In case of SC/ST, 50 percent marks are required in PG course.

~~ Your subject for NET Exam would be Computer Science and Applications. Please remember this subject is for MCA candidates.

~~ Final year students of post graduation course may also apply but should be able to submit degree within 2 years of passing the NET exam to avoid disqualification.

~~ The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

~~ There is up to five years relaxation in age for reserve category candidates.

~~ No age limit for the Lectureship.

~~ There is no limit on number of attempts.

all the best,...
31st August 2012, 03:39 PM
archanagalenka

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for CSIR exam after completing 55%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank kumars View Post
CSIR NET

CSIR NET Exams Was held twice in a year in the months of June And December. So, If you are interested To Appear In CSIR NET Examination, Then You Must have a M.Sc. or equivalent degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks And the final year Students of M.Sc. are also eligible to appear in CSIR NET exams.

So, As per your eligiblity, You are Eligible to appear in CSIR NET exams Because you have Completed your M.sc Degree.

Age Eligiblity Creteria -

For Junior Research fellowship – You must be between 19 –28 years of age.

For Lectureship – There is no upper age limit. You should be at least 19 years of age.

CSIR-UGC NET Exam for Science stream is conducted by CSIR in the following areas -

Chemical Sciences

Earth Sciences

Life Sciences

Mathematical Sciences

Physical Sciences.

And if you want to get More Information Regarding CSIR NET examination, Then please visit the given official websites -

http://csirhrdg.res.in/mcs_netexam_notice.htm

http://csirhrdg.res.in/mcs_exam_cs.htm

http://csirhrdg.res.in/mcs_exam_ms.htm

http://csirhrdg.res.in/mcs_exam_ls.htm
14th September 2012, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

I am MCA from IGNOU with 64% , AM I eligible for CSIR-UGC NET exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?