14th June 2016, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Does Bank put conditions regarding repayment capability on parents under Education Loan Policy?

Hello Sir, I really want to study MBBS, but I am getting admission through management quota. So, I have to apply Bank Education Loan. I just want to know that Bank put conditions on parents regarding repayment capability? Please clear my doubt.

Related Questions:
  1. Does bank has right to ask for repayment of loan from me, if son died while studying on education loan from UCO bank? -- [New]
  2. How much EMI will be charged against Loan amount of Rs. 5 Lacs under Bank of India Star Education Loan scheme? Details of repayment period?
  3. Clarification of “Co-obligations of parents” under UCO Bank Education Loan scheme
  4. Detailed information about margin and repayment in education loan scheme?
  5. Detailed information about Margin and Repayment of Loan terms available in Bank Education Loan scheme?
  6. Which Bank sponsor Education Loan of Rs. 8.5 Lacs to study in Newzealand if refused by SBI, Axis Bank, Vijaya Bank, UCO Bank and Bank of Baroda?
  7. Am I eligible to get educational for doing UG course in Delhi University?
  8. Repayment mode under Education Loan scheme of Federal Bank?
  9. Repayment mode of Education Loan in Citi Bank for MS aspirant?
  10. Mode of Repayment against Education Loan offered by Bank Of Baroda for self organized 1 year Diploma course?
  11. Details of repayment tenure under Education Loan scheme of Andhra Bank?
  12. How should i approach for education loan being from a poor family background?
  13. Terms of Repayment of Rs. 6 Lacs under Oriental Bank of Commerce Education Loan scheme?
  14. Is it possible to get the education loan if I am from a poor family?
  15. How much interest will be charged on Education Loan to study MDS? Detailed information about Mode of Repayment? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Education loan for BAMS course?
  17. What is the rules of Repayment of Education Loan in Bank of India if a candidate doesn't get placement after completing education?
  18. Whether my LIC Policy dissolves after applying for Corporation Bank Education Loan against it?
15th June 2016, 09:35 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does Bank put conditions regarding repayment capability on parents under Education Loan Policy?

Yes, banks will make the parents as co-borrower of the education loan. This means that the ownership of repayment of education loan lies not only on your head but also on your parent's head. If you are unable to repay the education loan, then your parents will be sent a notice from bank to start the repayment on your behalf since they are the co-borrowers.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?