9th June 2017, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

Does bank has right to ask for repayment of loan from me, if son died while studying on education loan from UCO bank?

My son Bharat Mahajan taken education loan from UCO bank in 2009 after three years my son has pay several installments rupees 6500/ pm to concerned bank, but my son expired on 16.11.16 suddenly but Pathankot UCO bank not insured my son education loan. Kindly tell me RTI rules in which I can ask bank why not insure my son education loan kindly tell me what is repayment if my son died suddenly in which I am not responsible for repayment of loan. I have written several mails to bank, but no positive response given to me a person died. How can bank claim in name of dead son. Tell me status. Ravi Ranjan 9855607268 email [email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. Which Bank sponsor Education Loan of Rs. 8.5 Lacs to study in Newzealand if refused by SBI, Axis Bank, Vijaya Bank, UCO Bank and Bank of Baroda?
  2. Mode of repayment of education loan taken from UCO Bank? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Detailed information about Margin and Repayment of Loan terms available in Bank Education Loan scheme?
  4. Detailed information about margin and repayment in education loan scheme?
  5. Whether Bank deducts some amount in Education Loan if a student died during the course?
  6. Clarification of “Co-obligations of parents” under UCO Bank Education Loan scheme
  7. Bank Education Loan scheme of SBI, Bank of India and Bank of Baroda to study MBBS course of Rs. 350000 p.a. fee expense?
  8. Terms & Conditions of Loan disbursement under UCO Bank Education Loan scheme?
  9. How much EMI will be charged against Loan amount of Rs. 5 Lacs under Bank of India Star Education Loan scheme? Details of repayment period?
  10. Mode of Repayment against Education Loan offered by Bank Of Baroda for self organized 1 year Diploma course?
  11. What are the actions taken by Bank against me if failing to repay Education Loan?
  12. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
  13. Repayment mode under Education Loan scheme of Federal Bank?
  14. How can I get Bank Education Loan with low interest rate to study MBBS in Russia? Mode of repayment?
  15. Terms of Repayment of Rs. 6 Lacs under Oriental Bank of Commerce Education Loan scheme?
  16. Will Bank grant an education loan if my father has already taken a car loan?
  17. How much time I will get after completing MBA to repay Bank Education Loan if doesn't get job through campus placement?
  18. Whether Bank provides education loan to a candidate whose father has taken Personal Loan?
18th September 2022, 08:59 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does bank has right to ask for repayment of loan from me, if son died while studying on education loan from UCO bank?

If a person dies without paying his entire education loan , the bank cannot ask the surviving members of his family or his legal heir to pay the loan .

Since it's an unsecured loan , there is no such thing as collateral and hence the property cannot be attached.

Federal student loans are cancelled if the borrower dies before the loans are paid off , even if the borrower had co-signer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?