19th April 2015, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Son of a government employee can get exemption in Education Loan?

Friends,
My dad is PSI in Maharashtra Police and he will be my guarantor for taking Education Loan which I want to take for doing B.Tech course. I want to know that as my father has a Government service so I can get any exemption in
Bank Education Loan?

Related Questions:
  1. Which Banks provide Education Loan upto Rs. 7.5 Lakhs without collateral security?
  2. Does ward of Bank employee gets Education Loan of upto 7 Lacs?
  3. HM Institutes are not recognised for education loan?
  4. Which Bank provide education loan upto Rs.4 Lakhs without collateral security?
  5. Can I get exemption if apply in SBI Education Loan to study B.Tech being a SC candidate?
  6. Does Government Banks offer Education Loan to study B.Tech? Chances of getting Education Loan?
  7. Can I get Education Loan for my son if having property in Bihar and working in Mumbai?
  8. Scholarships for poor students having good marks in 10+2?
  9. Bank Education Loan scheme of SBI, Bank of India and Bank of Baroda to study MBBS course of Rs. 350000 p.a. fee expense?
  10. Is there any fee concession for OBC students?
  11. Last date to submit the document for Loan Subsidy by Central government?
  12. List of government colleges, institutes or universities and their address in Ahmedabad for Animation and 3D Multimedia courses? List of banks which provides education loan?
  13. Is it possible to show Brother-in-Law's IT file as a guarantor instead of father to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  14. How can I apply for Bank Education Loan to study MS in USA if my father has ICICI NRI Account?
  15. Domicile of Delhi for Son of a central government employee who is serving in delhi and living in NCR? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Is it mandatory for a candidate to be a resident of Rajastan to apply for Rajastan PMT?
  17. Can I get Tax Deduction if taking Education Loan of Rs. 3,50,000 Lacs?
  18. Can I get deduction in Bank Education Loan to study MBA if my father is a Government serviceman?
23rd May 2015, 01:53 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Son of a government employee can get exemption in Education Loan?

No, there is no exemption in interest of education loan if your father is in government service. Exemptions or subsidies are given to the senior citizens and employees of the concerned bank from which loan is being issued. However, you should consult the concerned bank's branch manager to see if there is any provision of subsidy for you as per their internal policies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?