9th February 2014, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Sponsorship or loan from bank for Marine engineering?

I want to join marine after completing my B.E.(MECH) FOR that i need a sponsorship in shipping companies or loan from bank if not possible?

Related Questions:
  1. Which are the good colleges for Marine Engineering course? How much loan does the bank provide?
  2. Can I get education loan from SBI to get admission into MANET, Pune to study B.Tech Marine engineering?
  3. Am I eligible for Marine Engineering after scoring 65% in 12th? Fee structure for Marine Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. After scoring 67% in 12th am I eligible to do Marine Engineering? Fee structure of this course?
  5. How to get education loan? From which bank at lowest interest? Minimum salary of parents required for loan?
  6. Am I able to do Marine Engineering after 12th with 65%?
  7. What to do if Bank says that they do not provide loan?
  8. Will I be able to join marine engineering with 65% in 12th? What is the fee structure?
  9. any sponsorship given for graduate marine engineers (GME) by shipping companies to study?
  10. Marine engineering undergraduate qualification requirements
  11. Is it possible to get into Marine Engineering after BCS(Computer Science)? Forms to be filled to get into Marine Engineering?
  12. How can i get the sponsorship from a shipping company?
  13. Bank loan for further studies after BA (distance course)? Bank interest rate and procedure of loan?
  14. Which bank provides loan for IFBI course? Terms and conditions of bank?
  15. Can I join Shipping and Logistic course at the age of 36? Opportunities available after completing the course? Names of institutes offering these courses?
  16. How to join PG course in marine engineering after my UG? Which institute is best to study marine in India? Is there any entrance exam for marine engineering?
  17. Should I join marine engineering after completing graduation in mechanical engineering or directly?
  18. How to get financial help for pursuing MBA after B.Com?
10th February 2014, 12:19 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Sponsorship or loan from bank for Marine engineering?

Sponsorship is very difficult to get unless you have got fame and is a renowned personality of any state or country. However, you can definitely get education loan from the bank for pursuing Marine Engineering after completion of your B.E in Mechanical Engineering.

The bank will give you loan only when you get admission in the top marine engineering colleges of India who have a good placement rate. Otherwise it is quite difficult to get loan for marine engineering. Almost all nationalized banks give education loan. The institutes in which you should try to seek admission to ensure that you get education loan easily are :-

-Indian Institute of Maritime Studies
-Maharashtra Academy of Engineering & Educational Research
-Marine Engineering and Research Institute
-International Maritime Institute
-Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering
-Birla Institute of Technology & Science
-Mohamed Sathak Engineering College
-College of Engineering, Anna University
-University of Madras
-Annamalai University
-Chennai School of Ship Management
12th February 2014, 11:27 PM
naveen1221

Marine Engineering :

Marine Engineering refers to the engineering study of boats, ships, oil rigs and any other marine vessel .

It also deals with the engineering of vessel's propulsion systems and the vessel's superstructures .

You have already done your B.E in Mechanical Engineering and now you want to join Marine Engineering.

The point was not clear is it about the Masters in Marine Engineering or again B.E Marine Engineering?

You have the following Masters Programs to avail with the B.E Mechanical Engineering Degree.

Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (SMME)
Master of Science in Ocean Engineering (SMOE)
Master of Science in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (SMNAME)
Master of Science in Oceanographic Engineering (SMOGE, joint MIT/WHOI degree)
Master of Engineering in Manufacturing
Mechanical Engineer's (ME) degree
Naval Engineer's (NE) degree
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Science (ScD), which differs in name only (this includes the joint MIT/WHOI degrees)

Sponsorship / Educational Loan :

In India we don't Sponsorship kind of schemes in local colleges or local universities.

Where as you can find such programs in IIT's and MIT's and that too if you top the entrance examination.

So there is no scope of Sponsorship's for masters or graduation courses.

Where as you can apply for the Education loan.

You can get upto 4.5 lacs of education loan without any property assurances.

Once get the admission in any of the college or university then you can apply for the education loan.

And in some universities, there is a provision to apply from college to educational loans.

Here is the list of Colleges offering Marine Engineering Course:

Tolani Maritime Institute (TMI) Pune, India

Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies- Mumbai Mumbai, India

Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies- Mumbai Lonavala, India

International Maritime Institute (IMI) Delhi/NCR, India

Vels Academy of Maritime Studies Chennai, India

Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training (MANET) Pune, India

Institute of Technology & Marine Engineering (ITME) Kolkata, India

B.P. Marine Academy Navi Mumbai, India

TS Rahaman Mumbai, India

Indian Meritime University (IMU) Chennai, India

Euro Tech Maritime Academy , Kerala

G.K.M College of Engineering and Technology , Tamil Nadu

HIMT College Hindustan Institute of Maritime Training Pre Sea Training Centre , Tamil Nadu

Indian Maritime University (National Maritime Academy) , Tamil Nadu

International Maritime Academy , Tamil Nadu

International Maritime Institute Ltd - Noida , Uttar Pradesh.

All the Best !!
22nd February 2014, 01:21 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Since you have already enrolled for the B.E in Mechanical Engineering course, it makes you eligible for the joining Marine Engineering. There are courses in similar stream like Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (SMME), Master of Science in Ocean Engineering
Master of Science in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, Master of Science in Oceanographic Engineering and Master of Engineering in Manufacturing. There is hardly any option for sponsorship schemes. You need to apply for the education loan. For the course , here is the list of institutes

Certificate courses from recognized affiliated institutes and evening courses certified by government in India are eligible for the loan. If your course fee is between Rs 4 lakh to Rs 7.5 lakh, you need a guarantor who promises to pay the amount in case you fail to pay back the loan. You need documents like passport size photo, income proof/latest income tax return, last 6 months bank account statements during the sanctioning. Incase of scholarship too, you are eligible only after you clear the exams.
22nd February 2014, 01:23 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Since you have already enrolled for the B.E in Mechanical Engineering course, it makes you eligible for the joining Marine Engineering. There are courses in similar stream like Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (SMME), Master of Science in Ocean Engineering
Master of Science in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, Master of Science in Oceanographic Engineering and Master of Engineering in Manufacturing. There is hardly any option for sponsorship schemes. You need to apply for the education loan. For the course , here is the list of institutes

Certificate courses from recognized affiliated institutes and evening courses certified by government in India are eligible for the loan. If your course fee is between Rs 4 lakh to Rs 7.5 lakh, you need a guarantor who promises to pay the amount in case you fail to pay back the loan. You need documents like passport size photo, income proof/latest income tax return, last 6 months bank account statements during the sanctioning. Incase of scholarship too, you are eligible only after you clear the exams.
15th June 2014, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

I have 57/mark in 12th.can i get admmition in marine egn.with.education loan
3rd July 2015, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

sir do we need sponsorship from a company before joining the college????
i have got Marine Enineering and Research Institute(MERI),Kolkata is it good to join????
My rank was 434...or should I drop this Year???
sir please reply ASAP..
9th April 2016, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir.,I am Praveen..I want to study B.sc Nautical Science at Vels University,Chennai..
1] can you please explain about the bank loan for this course?
2] I need some information about bank loan for this university ?
10th June 2017, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

My nephew has qualified in entrance to study BSC in Marine Engineering. We are from Kerala. Can we get education loan of Rs. 7. 5 lacs as education loan in Chennai (any bank near HIMT Chennai)? Father not an employee, nor a tax payer.
2nd July 2019, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

If i get sponsorship from big shipping company for gme ,so what amount of loan i get from bank as my course fee is 4.5lac rupee
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?