13th January 2012, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get into Marine Engineering after BCS(Computer Science)? Forms to be filled to get into Marine Engineering?

1: Is it possible to get into Marine Engineering after B.c.s. (Computer Science).
2: Is B.c.s helpful for Marine Engineering.
3: Which all forms should i fill in to get into Marine Engineering, which all exams are required.
If Marine Engineering is not possible is it possible for Navy.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for Marine Engineering after scoring 65% in 12th? Fee structure for Marine Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. After scoring 67% in 12th am I eligible to do Marine Engineering? Fee structure of this course?
  3. Am I able to do Marine Engineering after 12th with 65%?
  4. Can I study Marine related courses after completing Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering? -- [New]
  5. Can I join Shipping and Logistic course at the age of 36? Opportunities available after completing the course? Names of institutes offering these courses?
  6. Will I be able to join marine engineering with 65% in 12th? What is the fee structure?
  7. Marine engineering undergraduate qualification requirements
  8. Complete details about Marine engineering course
  9. How to join Marine engineering course after studying 12th? How to get scholarships to attend marine engineering?
  10. Can I pursue any marine courses after engineering? Can Industrial Production Engineering Students get into Marine Courses?
  11. Can I do Post Graduation in Marine Engineering after BE E&TC? Duration of course?
  12. How can I join Marine engineering after Diploma in marine engineering? What would be the fee structure?
  13. How to join PG course in marine engineering after my UG? Which institute is best to study marine in India? Is there any entrance exam for marine engineering?
  14. Marine Engineering after B.E (CSE)?
  15. Should I join marine engineering after completing graduation in mechanical engineering or directly?
  16. How can I apply for M.Sc Marine Engineering if completed B.Sc general? Best university for M.Sc Marine Engineering?
  17. Marine Engineering after completing BE (CSE)
  18. Can i do marine engineering after finishing my BE(CSE)?
7th May 2012, 07:04 PM
stlawrence

Default Re: Is it possible to get into Marine Engineering after BCS(Computer Science)? Forms to be filled to get into Marine Engineering?

How far I know, almost all engineering courses ask for Physics, Chemistry and Math as the basic subjects for further studies in the field of engineering. In marine engineering too, a candidate is required to have his 10+2 done with Physics, Chemistry, Math. But yes, Biology at this level is of an added advantage and not a criterion.
7th May 2012, 07:04 PM
rati23dec

Default Re: Is it possible to get into Marine Engineering after BCS(Computer Science)? Forms to be filled to get into Marine Engineering?

Educational qualification: The minimum eligibility for courses in Nautical science and Marine engineering is 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. He should also pass a medical fitness test for sea service under standard norms and with eyesight 6/6 with no colour blindness.

Candidates wishing to enter the navigational and engineering fields of Merchant Navy need to complete a Bachelors degree in Nautical Science or Marine engineering, before they can gain admission to the field.

Selection: Candidates are selected for the B.Sc. Nautical Science degree of TS Chanakya, Mumbai; and the four-year Marine Engineering degree course at Marine Engineering Research Institute (MERI), in Calcutta and Mumbai, known as DMET, through the Joint Entrance Examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), which assesses the candidate’s knowledge of physics, chemistry and mathematics. The examination is followed by personal interviews/counseling, where the interviewers assess the degree of alertness, and awareness of the external environment, in the candidates and their suitability for a career in the Merchant Navy
7th May 2012, 07:05 PM
edr_fdr

The entry level for a fresh Marine Engineer (ME) is at the rank of fifth engineer or junior engineer and a Nautical Science graduate is as a Deck Cadet. Promotions depend on further examinations conducted by the Directorate General of Shipping (DGS), the quality of experience and personal merit. On successfully completing these examinations the candidate receives the 'Certificates of Competency' needed for promotion to the respective classes. This examination is conducted by the Ministry of Surface Transport, in association with the Directorate General of Shipping (DGS) Mumbai, for determining the promotion prospects for the officers.

Direct entry to Merchant Navy is also possible - students who have completed their 12th with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) are eligible to join as Deck Cadets and a student holding a bachelor's degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Technology Engineering could also join the Merchant navy as a Engine Cadet/ Fifth Engineer/ Junior Engineer. Direct entry Deck Cadets are required to undergo basic pre-sea training arranged by the recruiting company itself and the direct entry Engineering cadets are preferred to do a Pre-sea course of 9 months duration in Marine Engineering conducted by the MERI.

Related Career Options
» Indian Foreign Service
» Indian Revenue Service
» Indian Coast Guard
More...

Personal attributes: A career in the merchant navy requires people with strong inner self and tough physical form, along with a sporting, adaptive and adjustable attitude. Willing to take on responsibility, love for adventure and challenges; have the urge to strive for higher positions; be able to work as well as study for examinations in between. Candidates need to be intelligent, intuitive, willing to work as a team, flexible, patient; have a liking for solitude, willing to live apart from loves ones for long stretches of time. Those opting for a career should not be sea sick.

Engineers need to be resourceful and practical; skilled at Maths and Physics; have in-depth knowledge about the workings of the different machines. Manual dexterity is a must; one should be willing to learn new ways and work with modern technology; and able to work in the deck department as well if need arises.
17th July 2012, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

which are the top colleges In marine engineering and what are the fees allover
25th September 2012, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir i have plate in my hand can i able to join n marine course ...
28th March 2013, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

Sir i m studying in 6th sem diploma in computer science department...And after compleating diploma i want to join in merchant nevy..so please tell me i am eligible or not for this...plz inform me on this mail..my email id is:[email protected]
13th June 2014, 09:10 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to go pursue a career in marine after completing bcs degree in computer science
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?