21st October 2015, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

What does rebate means in Education Loan? Benefits in Tax?

Hi Sir,
What are the tax benefits on educational loan? What is the rebate? Kindly tell me about this. Waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Need information about Tax Rebate provided against Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  3. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  4. Am I eligible to get Tax Rebate against education loan for my brother's education? -- [New]
  5. Is there any way of Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 305000?
  6. Can I get Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 6.2 Lacs if working in CCL?
  7. Detailed information about Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 2.2 Lacs from United Bank of India?
  8. How can I claim for Tax Rebate against Education Loan taken by my Father-in-Law for my wife's education?
  9. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my Father-In-Law for my wife's education?
  10. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my Father-In-Law for my wife's education?
  11. Can I get Tax Rebate against Education Loan if paying interest of Rs. 12947 per month?
  12. Between Principal and Interest amount on which I can claim Tax rebate on Education Loan?
  13. Maximum amount to be claimed for Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 400000?
  14. Can I claim Tax Rebate against an Education Loan being an employee of Tata Motors?
  15. Education Loan at cheapest rate of interest and tax benefits to study MBA?
  16. Can I get any benefit in Income Tax against Education Loan to study in Abroad?
  17. Can I get Tax Deduction if taking Education Loan of Rs. 3,50,000 Lacs?
  18. Whether Income Tax File is necessary to apply for Education Loan to study MDS?
31st October 2015, 10:29 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What does rebate means in Education Loan? Benefits in Tax?

Rebate is the amount that the Bank forfeits from the Interest amount if you are not a defaulter in the monthly installments that you have to pay.
There are tax benefits associated with the Educational Loan if the person who is repaying the monthly installments comes under Income Tax then there will be a tax benefit for that person as that amount will be deducted from the Taxable annual income.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?