18th May 2015, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I get Tax Rebate against Education Loan if paying interest of Rs. 12947 per month?

hello sir,
I'm paying Rs.12947 per month towards interest for the Education Loan sanctioned on the name of my husband by State Bank of India for studying 1 year Executive MBA. Am I eligible to claim Income Tax Rebate on the same as my husband is not earning during this period?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I claim for Tax Rebate against Education Loan taken by my Father-in-Law for my wife's education?
  2. Can I get Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 6.2 Lacs if working in CCL?
  3. Can I get Tax Deduction if taking Education Loan of Rs. 3,50,000 Lacs?
  4. Can I get Education Loan to study M.Tech if haven't paid the previous one?
  5. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
  6. IS there any interest free education loan available?
  7. Interest rates are charged from the beginning or at the end of the course if pursuing B.Tech through Education Loan?
  8. Criteria for getting subsidy on Education Loan Interest? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How much interest will be charged on Education Loan to study MDS? Detailed information about Mode of Repayment?
  10. WBMDFC offers Education Loan to study B.Tech? Rate of Interest charged against Education Loan?
  11. How much subsidy I will get if taken Education Loan of Rs. 3.4 Lacs?
  12. Is it true that Canara bank is providing full interest subsidy education loan?
  13. How can I get Bank Education Loan with low interest rate to study MBBS in Russia? Mode of repayment?
  14. Interest rates charges against Education Loan by Andhra Bank for B.Tech course? Documents required to apply for Education Loan?
  15. Waiver in principal amount of interest being Professor at Central government university?
  16. Whether interest gets cancelled if I took education loan years back?
  17. Detailed information about Education Loan interest rates of Banks for study in MCA?
  18. How to extend repayment time of education loan without interest?
23rd May 2015, 01:54 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get Tax Rebate against Education Loan if paying interest of Rs. 12947 per month?

No, you cannot get tax rebate for paying the interest of your husband's education loan unless you are co-borrower of the loan along with your husband. If you are co-borrower you can get income tax rebate. Apart from this you can get 1% rebate in the interest rate since the interest is being paid every month. You need to claim this every quarter and the outstanding amount will be credited to your husband's loan account.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?