14th May 2015, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

How can I claim for Tax Rebate against Education Loan taken by my Father-in-Law for my wife's education?

Respected Sir,
My Father-in-law had taken Educational Loan from SBI for Higher education of my wife. Now I am repaying the amount to the Bank instead of my Father-in-law. The loan basically in on My father-in-law and wife's name combined. Now tell me how can I claim tax rebate for the interest that I've been paying?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 6.2 Lacs if working in CCL?
  2. Is it possible to show Brother-in-Law's IT file as a guarantor instead of father to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  3. Can I get Tax Deduction if taking Education Loan of Rs. 3,50,000 Lacs?
  4. Can I apply for Education Loan if my father has taken Business Loan against Hotel property?
  5. How can I apply to get Bank Education Loan to study MS in USA without having any property?
  6. How can I apply for Education Loan if my father is bankrupted being a MBA candidate of Symbiosis International University?
  7. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
  8. Son of a government employee can get exemption in Education Loan?
  9. Can I get deduction in Bank Education Loan to study MBA if my father is a Government serviceman?
  10. How can I apply to get Education Loan of Rs. 20 Lacs to study MS in University of Bristol?
  11. Can I apply for Education Loan of Rs. 14 Lacs to study B.Tech in UK if my father doesn't have IT File?
  12. How can I apply for Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs to study MBBS in India if my father is working in Abroad?
  13. How can I apply to get Bank Education Loan of Rs. 16 Lacs to study MBA(Hotel Management) in Cardiff University if my father is working at NTPC?
  14. Procedure to apply for Education Loan to study MBBS for a candidate whose father is NRI?
  15. HM Institutes are not recognised for education loan?
  16. Financial assistance to complete BE course?
  17. How can I get Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I apply for Education Loan from 2 Banks of Rs. 22 Lacs to study in Australia? Detailed information about Margin of Education Loan? -- [New]
2nd May 2018, 06:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I claim for Tax Rebate against Education Loan taken by my Father-in-Law for my wife's education?

Tax rebate is definitely available, if you have been paying the EMI for education loan. Only the person who is paying interest will be eligible for tax rebate.

If you have been paying the EMI through your own bank account, then you can get tax rebate by furnishing all the relevant documents related to education loan payment.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?