26th August 2015, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Maximum amount to be claimed for Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 400000?

Hello,
What is the maximum amount which I can claim for Tax Rebate if I have taken Education Loan of Rs. 400000 only irrespective of the amount which I give to bank?

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any way of Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 305000?
  2. Need information about Tax Rebate provided against Education Loan? -- [New]
  3. How can I claim for Tax Rebate against Education Loan taken by my Father-in-Law for my wife's education?
  4. Can I get Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 6.2 Lacs if working in CCL?
  5. Detailed information about Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 2.2 Lacs from United Bank of India?
  6. Can I get Tax Rebate against Education Loan if paying interest of Rs. 12947 per month?
  7. Can I get Tax Deduction if taking Education Loan of Rs. 3,50,000 Lacs?
  8. Criteria for getting subsidy on Education Loan Interest? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Maximum amount offered in Bank Education Loan to study MDS in Abroad?
  10. Is it possible to get the education loan if I am from a poor family?
  11. How can I apply for Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs if already taken Rs 15 Lacs against Property?
  12. How can I get Bank Education Loan of Rs. 16 Lacs to study MS in UK? Can I repay Loan after getting job? Do I have to Mortgage the property to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  13. Can I get any benefit in Income Tax against Education Loan to study in Abroad?
  14. Whether Bank incur Internship expenses if pursuing MBA through Education Loan?
  15. How much amount I will get in Bank Education Loan to study MS in UK? Interest rates charges against Education Loan?
  16. Should I have to mortgage my property to apply for Bank Education Loan of Rs. 16 Lacs for study PG in UK? Requirements to apply?
  17. How much Commercial Pilot earns? Maximum permissible loan amount?
  18. How much subsidy I will get if taken Education Loan of Rs. 3.4 Lacs?
6th April 2023, 07:43 AM
SurajKapoor

Default Re: Maximum amount to be claimed for Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 400000?

As per the Income Tax Act, Section 80E, the entire interest paid on the education loan during the financial year can be claimed as a deduction from the total taxable income. There is no upper limit on the amount of interest that can be claimed as a deduction. Therefore, if you have paid interest of Rs. 50,000 on your education loan, you can claim the entire amount as a deduction while filing your income tax return. However, it is important to note that this deduction can only be claimed for a maximum of 8 years from the year in which the repayment of the loan commences.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?