20th February 2015, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

Will I get scholarship if I have 2156 rank in Women category?

Will I get scholarship if I have 2156 rank in Women category? If so how much would be the amount I will get as scholarship? What should I do if I don't receive my scholarship?

What is the procedure I need to follow up? Please help me with your valuable information. Thanks.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get both GATE qualifying scholarship and SC category scholarship?
  2. Information about other scholarship schemes for general category PG students who have secured 1st position in their UG level?
  3. Will I get a seat in medical college through counseling after scoring 144.5 cut off in Medical? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I get seat for M.Pharmacy course with a rank of 3749 in PGCET being a candidate of OC category? Information regarding Scholarship for M.Pharm course?
  5. What scholarship rank I have achieved if secured 8th rank in B.Sc(Biotechnology) of Bharathidasan University? Will I get scholarship?
  6. Which stream will I get after scoring KIITEE overall rank of 11329 and women category rank of 1643? How much money to pay for food and mess?
  7. Can I get any Scholarship after scoring 582772 in GATE Exam being a candidate from ST category?
  8. Scholarship programs for Ph.D candidate? Why scholarship rates remain higher for backward communities?
  9. How to get scholarship for further studies in life?
  10. Is it possible to get scholarship for ST candidates while studying in Government Engineering college? -- [New]
  11. How can I get scholarship to do engineering belonging to General Category?
  12. Which branch will I get after scoring 3408 rank in general category and 517 in Women category? What is the fee structure for B.Tech?
  13. Colleges which I could get after scoring an AIR of 702342 and category rank of 396885?
  14. How to take admission in KIIT after scoring 3474 in general women category?
  15. Scholarship for meritorious backward community student?
  16. Detailed information about Scholarship programs for B.Tech student?
  17. Details of Ph.D Scholarship for OBC and less income group category student?
  18. Which branch will I get after scoring 9000 rank in general and 1500 rank in Women's category in KIIT?
4th April 2023, 03:56 AM
SurajPSingh

Default Re: Will I get scholarship if I have 2156 rank in Women category?

It is difficult to say definitively whether you will receive a scholarship or how much based just on your Women category rank of 2156. Scholarship awards depend on various factors like:

Available scholarship budget for the academic year: The scholarship amounts are determined based on the funds allocated by the university/institution. If the budget gets over, even eligible candidates may not receive full or any scholarship.

Eligibility criteria: There are typically upper/lower rank cut-offs and other merit criteria like academic score, family income, etc. that determine scholarship eligibility. You may meet some criteria but not all which can affect your scholarship.

Type of scholarship: Scholarships can be full fee waiver, partial fee waiver, monthly stipend, etc. The scholarship amount will depend on which type you are eligible for.

Demand and competition: The demand for scholarships is usually very high. So candidates with ranks closer to the awarded ranks have a better chance of receiving scholarships.

Some steps you can take:

Check the eligibility criteria for different scholarships especially any rank/score cut-offs. See if you meet the criteria to determine your chances.

Contact the university/college admission committee and inquire about availability of scholarships for Women category candidates. They can assess your eligibility based on the program/category you are admitted under.

Apply for scholarships that you are eligible for, within the scheduled time period. Submit necessary documents like rank card, admission letter, ID proof, etc. as required.

Attend the scholarship interviews/auditions if shortlisted. Clear the interviews to increase your selection chances.

If not awarded any scholarship, you can:

Request for reconsideration: Submit a request along with supporting documents like updated ranks (if applicable), academic excellence proof, financial hardship statement, etc. There is a possibility they may provide a scholarship upon review.

Apply for scholarships next year: Apply for scholarships again in the next academic year and meet criteria with a better rank/score to ensure selection.

Look for private scholarships: Apply for scholarships offered by private trusts, NGOs, professional bodies, etc. These often have lesser competition and flexible criteria.

Student loans/part-time work: You can take education loans or find part-time work/internships to generate funds for your studies. While not ideal but can help you sustain if need be.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?