22nd December 2014, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Ph.D(Management) in India for a candidate of Zimbabwe? Is there any financial assistance available for foreign student?

Hello
I am a zimbabwean and would like to
study a phd in management in india.
do i get any scholarship for such programmes?
kindly let me know immediately

Related Questions:
  1. Requirements for admission of foreign students to study mbbs in India?
  2. Admission in B.Tech second year after diploma under Fee Waiver Scheme?
  3. How much is the cost of study for me for MBBS in India being a foreign candidate? How much is the cost of living in India for me?
  4. Whether Pt. B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Haryana is affiliated to AICTE? Candidate of this institute is eligible to get financial assistance? Scope of B.A.M.S program?
  5. Admission under fee waiver scheme of Punjab Technical University?
  6. Are there any Airhostess training centres in Zimbabwe? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Should I opt for Abroad Education Consultants or continue studies through Education Loan?
  8. Is there any financial assistance for B.Des available in Kolkata for SC candidate?
  9. Fee in any college for BC student including financial assistance if any?
  10. Financial assistance to continue B.Tech education?
  11. Nalanda Open University Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management- International Financial Management Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  12. How can I build my career in foreign languages after gaining work experience in BPO? I am a arts student and want to learn any suitable foreign language
  13. Admission procedure for foreign students who are staying in India and eligibility criteria
  14. How may I get scholarship in B.Tech? I'm belong to SC category
  15. How may I get admission forms of AIIMS or other colleges in Delhi before visiting India? I am a foreign student and applying for student visa
  16. Do foreign students need Visa to study in India?
  17. How to get financial assistance for further studies like scholarships?
  18. Which are the good universities providing doctorate degree with HR in India and those providing the same in Foreign Countries? What is the selection procedure?
4th April 2023, 02:52 AM
NaubiShah

Default Re: Ph.D(Management) in India for a candidate of Zimbabwe? Is there any financial assistance available for foreign student?

Here are some key points regarding pursuing Ph.D in Management in India as a foreign student from Zimbabwe:

To pursue Ph.D in India, you need to have a Master's degree in Management or a related field with at least 55% marks. Some universities may have additional eligibility criteria in terms of work experience, publications, etc. Check with the specific universities you are interested in.

You will need to obtain a student visa to enter India and register yourself at a university. The visa process will require documents like admission letter from the university, proof of financial support, etc. Consult the Indian embassy in Zimbabwe for the exact requirements.

There are limited scholarships/assistantships available for foreign PhD students in India. Some options to explore:

UGC-NET fellowship: This provides Rs. 16,000-28,000 per month for first 2 years to eligible Ph.D scholars. Registration with UGC is required.

Teaching/Research Assistantship: Some reputed universities offer assistantships to outstanding PhD scholars to support their research. Amount ranges from Rs. 10,000 to 35,000 pm.

Scholarships offered by Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR): ICCR offers scholarships to students from 161 countries including Zimbabwe for academic and research programs in India including PhD. Average scholarship amount is $10,000 per annum.

Private student loans: You can take a student loan from SBI Education Loan or other private banks to fund your PhD studies. Interest rates on such loans are lower than other personal loans.

Estimated annual tuition fee for PhD in India is from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 5,00,000+ varying widely across universities. Apart from fees, you will also need funds for living expenses, research, travel, etc. Watch out for hidden costs that can add to your budget.

Research and relocate to low-cost cities like Hyderabad, Delhi etc. compared to Mumbai or Bangalore. Living expenses in these cities are significantly lower which will save a big portion of your budget.

Apply for multiple scholarships to increase your chances. With your excellent academic credentials and interest in India, you stand a good chance of receiving at least one scholarship/assistantship to support your PhD studies financially.

Connect with PhD scholars from Zimbabwe currently/previously studying in India. They can provide valuable insights and tips based on their experience which will be very helpful for you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?