1st August 2012, 11:42 AM
BHAUMIK K. PATEL

Default Re: Should I choose Humanities (Arts) or Commerce after 10th if I want to appear in Civil Services Exams later?

dear friend

Yes , you can choose arts (humanities) and commerse after 10th, if you want to appear in civil servises examinations.

But it is better if you can do from arts. because for this exams, you need to lots of practise.

So, if you are appear
in future for civil servises exams. then its better to choose
arts streams after 10th as well as in graduation......

BEST OF LUCK.

Related Questions:
  1. What should I study in 11th among Science and Humanities to make a career in Civil Services? Procedure to appear in IAS exam if pursue 11th Science?
  2. Study material for preparation for GATE exam? Any free online test series?
  3. Which types of books should be referred for Maths in IAS exam?
  4. Does arts have no scope? Only fools and losers choose Arts stream?
  5. Can I become an Android Apps Developer if study Humanities after completing 10th?
  6. What are better options for me after scoring 8.8 CGPA in class 10th and 50% in class 12th
  7. Which courses can i do in Humanities after passing 10th standard?
  8. Need guidance about choosing course after Matric in Science?
  9. Which is a better stream to follow for economics: Commerce or Arts?
  10. Commerce subjects in Civil Services Exams?
  11. Which stream has more career option between Commerce without Maths and Arts?
  12. Can I join civil services after graduation? Scope for girl candidate in civil services?
  13. What should I study among Humanities and Commerce after completing 10th WBBSE?
  14. Courses available to study for a candidate who has completed 12th Physics through compartmental exam?
  15. Which stream to choose after 10th among Science, Commerce or Arts in order to become an Architect? -- [New]
  16. Arts or Commerce, which has wide scope?
  17. Is it good to choose arts stream in 11th? What are the career opportunities if we choose Arts Stream in 11th? What are the advantages and disadvantages? Is it true that there is no future in Commerce Field?
  18. Procedure and Required Eligibility criteria to give IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing MCA course? Where can I get the forms to apply for this Exam? Which Books should I refer for this Exam if my subject is Commerce?
26th August 2012, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Should I choose Humanities (Arts) or Commerce after 10th if I want to appear in Civil Services Exams later?

I am gonna opt for Science & maths and I what to do Engineering before giving the exam of IAS .
I am pretty good in Gk and SST but I have to take science and maths if I want to do engineering .
Is this a good choice ?
27th August 2012, 01:13 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

hello dear,
yes ,it is the best subject to choose Humanities (Arts) or Commerce after 10th if want to crack UPSC in Civil Services Exams.
because question will be asked from these subject

good luck
5th December 2012, 06:39 PM
ashis.career

As far as Civil Services is concerned preparing from arts faculty is a good choice as you can involve yourself in the preparation during your 12th and graduation.
Studying arts improves general knowledge, written ability and analytical approach.
The main reason behind avoiding arts subject by people is that they think there is no future if one doesn't qualify UPSC.
There is a misconception in this regard.
After graduation from arts subject you can take admission in MBA also. Studying arts saves time also. If someone takes science then mostly student spoil one or two year for preparing engg entrances and then go for 4 year B Tech and after that mostly do MBA. So if you go from arts stream you save at least 2-3 years.

THANKS
ASHIS
12th December 2012, 06:00 PM
ashis.career

Dear friend,

As far as Civil Services is concerned preparing from arts faculty is a good choice as you can involve yourself in the preparation during your 12th and graduation.
Studying arts improves general knowledge, written ability and analytical approach.
The main reason behind avoiding arts subject by people is that they think there is no future if one doesn't qualify UPSC.
There is a misconception in this regard.
After graduation from arts subject you can take admission in MBA also. Studying arts saves time also. If someone takes science then mostly student spoil one or two year for preparing engg entrances and then go for 4 year B Tech and after that mostly do MBA. So if you go from arts stream you save at least 2-3 years.
Also you can apply for CA(CPT test) with arts stream (min 50% score in BA).
20th March 2013, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

i have just completed my 10. I want to become a journalist............ should i pursue with my dream.... are there any other options for humanities student after 12
29th June 2013, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

hi
i am a sslc passed student which subject better for 2?
30th June 2013, 06:16 PM
saswat1989
Senior Member+

Hi,
ou can choose arts (humanities) and commerse after
10th, if you want to appear in civil servises examinations.
but it is better if you can do from arts. because for this
exams, you need to lots of practise. so, if you are appear
in future for civil servises exams. then its better to choose
arts streams
7th September 2013, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

what are the steps for civil services after class 12 . . . for eg like IPS OFFICER , IS OFFICER
7th September 2013, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

what are the steps for civil services after class 12 . . . for eg like IPS OFFICER , IS OFFICER
31st March 2014, 10:16 AM
renu sharma gupta

Default Re: can i go for ifs after doing eco honours?

can i go for IFS-Indian foreign services after opting commerce in +2 and then doing eco honours ???will it be of any benefit?? and can a law student too can opt for IFS???and what to choose for doing law after 10Th?
plz reply..........
10th May 2014, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namitha Nicholas View Post
I'm a student of Kerala. I've just completed 10th.... I am confused about which stream i would take in +2... The problem is that i hate science.. but i have interest in social science and languages.... I love mathematics too.. I've planned 2 appear 4 the civil service examination in future.. But I don't know which stream would be better 4 that... I also like joining 4 MBA or CA... But there is pressure from my family ... My parents r asking me 2 take science .. I'm sure that I would nvr succeed in my life if i choose something that is uninteresting 4 me... is humanities or commerce better 4 civil services?? which institution would provide coaching 4 civil services after 10nth...??? Would someone plz help me....??? I'm expecting a better reply 4 this
Answer:-After 10 th you can choose 11th and 12 th arts and after 12th you can choose B.A.Civil services degree course which run by Gurukul Residential Training college of civil services,Karmad Dist Aurangabad for details you can visite w.w.w.grtcollegeofias.org.in.above degree college run by state govt.university and that is equvalent to B.A., B,com, and B.sc and other degree.
8th March 2015, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

What should I take in 11
Iam interested in humanities but my parents are saying that you should take commerce
So tell me that what is the future of arts,humanities
Till how much I will be paid in future
24th March 2015, 01:12 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

If you take something which you do not like then obviously you will not do that thing with your full efforts so you are not going to succeed so i particularly suggest you to choose that you love.

you want to go for civil services there is no problem in choosing Arts or commerce for that. You can give the exam after choosing any of them. But i think if you choose that can support you in IAS exam.

Try to do preparation along with your graduation like read the subject which you want to take as an optional in mains exam.
26th August 2015, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

i had chose maths,economics,fine arts,political science,english & psychology in humanities 11 standard. in which subject shall i do graduation thinking of IAS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?