15th December 2010, 12:57 AM
kishor navale

12th Arts without Maths : Am I eligible to do MCA after completing my BCA?

sir, i am in 2nd year of BCA and i want to do MCA but i have done my 12th in arts faculty(no maths subject), so can i eligible or not for MCA?

15th December 2010, 01:16 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Thumbs down Re: Done 12th in Arts without Maths : Am I eligible to do MCA after completing my BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishor navale View Post
sir, i am in 2nd year of BCA and i want to do MCA but i have done my 12th in arts faculty(no maths subject), so can i eligible or not for MCA?
Dear friend,
You are not eligible for MCA is you haven't either mathematices or BM or statistics or economics...
15th December 2010, 01:35 AM
ramakant sharma

Smile Re: 12th Arts without Maths : Am I eligible to do MCA after completing my BCA?

Hello dear

As you have completed your 12 th with the art so you will not be eligible to perform in mca after bca but as per the rule of mp government you may take admission in any institute in mp itself if he/ she is not having maths in 12 th so here are the possibility try for your best

good luck
15th December 2010, 05:10 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: 12th Arts without Maths : Am I eligible to do MCA after completing my BCA?

The normal rule is that you need to have studied Mathematics as a subject in 12th standard. So you may not be eligible for the MCA course. You need to look out for other courses like MBA etc.
15th December 2010, 07:15 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Default Re: 12th Arts without Maths : Am I eligible to do MCA after completing my BCA?

hi dear ,
i want to inform that u can easily apply for MCA.....................
15th December 2010, 09:18 AM
mishra245

No, for appearing in mca exam compulsory subject is Maths so, sorry dear friend you are not eligible for Mca.
15th December 2010, 09:27 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

yes you are eligible for MCA ,math is essential for non computer stream students.

All the best.
15th December 2010, 10:24 AM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

1)Hi friend sorry to say this, you cannot do MCA with out maths in 10 and 12th, it is most important, don't worry, there are lot other option.

2)you can study in part time at any university, get the degree, you thing you are studying in Full time, that is the only thing you can do.

3)Now don't forget if your friends , did't do maths in 11th say them to do Maths in 12th

Best of luck
15th December 2010, 12:02 PM
babydoll

Hello!
Basically MCA degree composed of mathematics as a main subject. so you must have maths in 12th as a main subject.
However some universities offers mca degree without maths in 12th. The admission is carried out on the basis of bca percentage.
So don't worry you may get chance in some colleges but you need to get good marks in bca.
Best wishes!!
15th December 2010, 01:04 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

Yes, you are eligible to do MCA after BCA without having maths at plus 2 level.

Though in most of the institutes the eligibility criteria for doing MCA is that the candidate must have passed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university & having maths as a subject in plus 2.

But there are few good institutes like IGNOU in which maths at plus 2 level is not compulsory for doing MCA. In these institutes you will have to study an additional paper of maths in your MCA course
15th December 2010, 01:29 PM
Sk.Subhani

Quote:
MCA is a technical course and it requires strong basics in mathematics.
In order to do your MCA your background should be from computers and maths.

But some Institutes like CMC are providing certified courses like eDAST and PEARL.

eDAST is a one year degree program whereas, PEARL is a two two year degree program.

You will be taught all the basic and important software's and languages through the curriculum of the course.

The advantage over here is that, they even provide placements in companies like TCS etc.
15th December 2010, 03:05 PM
saswata06

You may not be eligible for MCA as you have no math in +2.
15th December 2010, 03:06 PM
rahul_kumar066

dear
You are not eligiable for mca
Mca demands pcm with science stream
good luck
15th December 2010, 04:45 PM
prashantsrmbi

yes you are eligible 4 the MCA in any recognize university or college
15th December 2010, 05:26 PM
Ps8890

i dont know.can u reply me that minimum marks in 12th in all subjects to join merchent navy
15th December 2010, 05:38 PM
neharohatgi

Sorry, students having Mathematics as their subject in 10+2 level and bachelors degree in any of the streams like BCA, B.Tech, BBA and B.Sc can only take admission in MCA course.
15th December 2010, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

I have passed 10 2 exam with 58.4% ,i am appearing for improvement in maths, .I am appearing in iit jee 2011 but i am facing problems while filling the form in these questions

( a ) Question No 12 : Year of Passing Qualifying Examination ? ( Passed on or after October 2009 / Appearing in 2011 ).
( b ) Question No 13 : In the above exam did you obtain qualifying marks ? ( Yes / No / Not Applicable ).

please reply soon what should be my answer to above questions without delay since i have to post the form .
15th December 2010, 06:50 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

No you are not eligible for MCA in good colleges !

I dont understand, how will you get admission in BCA, if you dont have Maths ans CS in your 12th exams.

But, if you completed your BCA, then i will tell you that, you will not get admission in MCA in any top Or good Colleges.

Because to get admission in top colleges of MCA, you need Maths or CS in your 12th exams, and you dont have both these subjects in your 12th.

But, i dont know, how you will get admission in BCA without Maths, I think your colleges is Fake Or it is Not Recognised by UGC etc.

But, dont worry, According to me you will not get admission in MCA, try for some other courses.

ok

Good Luck.
15th December 2010, 06:57 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

you are not eligible for MCA.

For doing MCA, definately you should have Mathematics as one of the subject at your 10+2 level or at graduation level.
15th December 2010, 07:52 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

sorry friend,

you are not eligible for MCAas you don't hv math in 12th .

so,better you try for some other courses as per your subject for your carrer.

good luck...
15th December 2010, 09:27 PM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

dear friend .i am unable to understand that you are doing BCA without maths and computer science in class 12th. according to me this is not possible. so either you are joking with us or the college is playing with you. so, you can't do MCA.
15th December 2010, 10:20 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
well kishor,

basically you are in BCA, you don't need to worry my friend
because for eligibility in MCA in any colleges in india you must have minimum aggregate as per as the college concerned.

Several exams are conducted throughout the India for the admission in MCA course.
There are many leading institutes

Sikkim Manipal University (SMU),

Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU),

Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS),

Delhi University,

NSHM, Pune University,

Banaras Hindu University etc.
15th December 2010, 10:31 PM
raja jeganathan

sorry ya,, you cant

The eligibility criteria for taking admission in this particular course are to have a bachelor degree in any of the streams like BCA, B.Tech, BBA and B.Sc.

The applying students should also have mathematics as a subject in 10+2 level. There is no age bar regarding the admission in MCA degree.
16th December 2010, 06:24 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
12th Arts without Maths
As you have completed your 12 th with the art so you will not be eligible to perform in mca after bca but as per the rule of mp government you may take admission in any institute in mp itself if he/ she is not having maths in 12 th

good luck
16th December 2010, 10:33 AM
deepak.manit2007

Hi ,
MCA stands for Master of computer application.Computer application requires logigs and logics are related to maths.
There are 3 types of Exams held to do MCA.
1)For IIT Roorkee: You are not eligible for it since it requires that you should have math as one of your subject till 12th standard.
2)NIMCET :Same conditions.
3)State lavel MCA exams;It depends on which state you belong.
Try finding out in your area some institutes allow MCA without maths also.
or You can go to IGNOU etc..

All the best
16th December 2010, 12:45 PM
jitendradagrt

yes you are eligible for mca because after completing bcc noone stops you to do mcc.
you are completely eligible
16th December 2010, 02:49 PM
wasim23

Hai dude
as u doing batchler in computer application
afcourse u can go for master degree in same field
but some institute having their on funda
but other than thaat u can go for this
best of luck
16th December 2010, 05:04 PM
lavanyaratala

hey MCA will have maths subject.....but it is not yours.....so go for some other choice since you can't go for MCA
16th December 2010, 05:27 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

it is totally embarrassing that you have joined BCA without math. But I am sure that you can not do MCA without math.
Thank you
16th December 2010, 06:49 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Unhappy Re: 12th Arts without Maths : Am I eligible to do MCA after completing my BCA?

Quote:
For MCA there are two criteria either
Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level

or Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects in Bachelors degree of minimum three years duration

then only you are eligible for MCA!!
17th December 2010, 12:28 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Re: 12th Arts without Maths : Am I eligible to do MCA after completing my BCA?

don't worry about it.if have without Maths in 12th.

your are eligible for M.C.A.

if have business maths in 12th,your eligible for M.C.A.

i think you have business maths in 12th.That's the reason you will get admission in B.c.A
20th December 2010, 04:41 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Thumbs down Re: 12th Arts without Maths : Am I eligible to do MCA after completing my BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkataprakash.v View Post
Re: 12th Arts without Maths : Am I eligible to do MCA after completing my BCA?

don't worry about it.if have without Maths in 12th.

your are eligible for M.C.A.

if have business maths in 12th,your eligible for M.C.A.

i think you have business maths in 12th.That's the reason you will get admission in B.c.A
Dear friend,
Without math you are eligible for MCA in some special universities but is not effective for IT job,because most of the companies demand Math as a main subject in 10+2 standerd...
10th February 2011, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

you are eligible for mca. mca has nothing to do with maths of 12th.
even students not having bca can also join mca.
11th February 2011, 05:34 PM
Sachin Narayan

you are eligible for MCA because eligibility of MCA is that either you have maths in 10+2 or you have done BCA at your graduation level.
7th March 2011, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

SOME UNIVERSTY GIVE MCA DEGREE WITHOUT MATH LIKE GURU NANAK DEV UNIVERSTY,AMRISTAR,PUNJAB
16th March 2011, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

can v do mca with 10th standard
28th April 2011, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

i am in bca 2nd yaer. hav done my 12th in commerce stream with computer..... (without maths.) m i eligible for mca or not... if not.... how can i gve the xam for 12th mathematics for cbse....
30th April 2011, 01:08 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Cool Re: 12th Arts without Maths : Am I eligible to do MCA after completing my BCA?

Sorry you are not eligible for MCA however you can do BCA and for BCA you are eligible.........
30th April 2011, 01:28 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Cool Re: 12th Arts without Maths : Am I eligible to do MCA after completing my BCA?

Sorry you are not eligible for MCA however you can do BCA and for BCA you are eligible.........
15th May 2011, 04:48 PM
PRINCE_AKG
Senior Member+

Quote:
friend you are not eligible as,
BCA student with out mathematics subject is not eligible for MCA, the eligibility criteria for most of MCA Exam regarding this is common, where as other eligibility differ from university to university.

written exam consist of:-

1. Mathematics 45 Questions
2. Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning 40 questions
3. Computer Awareness 10 questions
4. General English 25 questions

MCA Eligiblity criteria -

Bachelor's degree in any discipline or equivalent with 50% aggregate marks-

Computer Science/ Computer Application/ IT/ Mathematics/Statistics or equivalent at Graduation or higher level

for

OR

Mathematics/Statistics or equivalent at 10+2 level.
26th May 2011, 09:33 AM
stranger351

Sorry to say you are not eligible..
MCA eligibility -
Only that students Which have Maths in their intermediate means in 12th standard are eligible for applying in MCA..
MCA is master degree which is of 3 year...
if you want to do MCA then you have to do first BCA with Math subject and then after you are eligible for MCA..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Eligibilty.png
Views:	86
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	32000  
27th May 2011, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
yes u can do MCA.....
19th June 2011, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

sir i m doing bca last sem from smude(sikkim manipal university DE)me from commerse stream my question is tht for doing mca what i have to do for a regular college
11th July 2011, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

i got ganral maths i do science & bifocal science?
15th July 2011, 11:18 PM
praspace

Thumbs up Re: 12th Arts without Maths : Am I eligible to do MCA after completing my BCA?

Quote:
u r unquestionably eligible for MCA just get marks in the Entrance of MCA for get admission in good colleges.
20th July 2011, 02:22 PM
Arsalaan

Quote:
Sorry you are not eligible for the MCA entrance exams as they require mathematics at your 10+2 level or at your graduation level as a compulsory subject.
9th November 2011, 09:55 PM
rudramishra

you are eligible to do MCA after BCA without having maths at plus 2 level.

Though in most of the institutes the eligibility criteria for doing MCA is that the candidate must have passed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university & having maths as a subject in plus 2.

But there are few good institutes like IGNOU in which maths at plus 2 level is not compulsory for doing MCA. In these institutes you will have to study an additional paper
31st January 2012, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

Am I
eligible to do MCA after
completing my 'A' Level from DOEACC ?
sir, i am in last sem of 'A' Level and i
want to do MCA but i have done B.A., so can i eligible or not
for MCA?
31st January 2012, 11:44 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, you are absolutely eligible. Infact all BCA students are eligible for MCA. Because MCA is the post graduation course for BCA mainly.

See the eligibility criteria for MCA:

You should have passed your graduation in any field from any recognized university, but should have maths in 12th.

Those students who does not had maths in 12th, but completed their graduation in such a stream which had maths as subject for 1 year in the course.

And BCA is one of such graduation course which has maths in its course. So you are absolutely eligible for MCA.

So don't worry and go ahead!
1st February 2012, 10:05 AM
rkexam

Quote:
You are not eligible for MCA as regarding the Eligibility criteria.

Eligibility

1. Bachelor Degree in any stream From Recognized University

2. 50% in Bachelor Degree.

3. must have studied Mathematics as a subject in class 10+2.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?