22nd February 2011, 11:03 AM
sowmya147

How to distinguish between Creamy and Non-Creamy layer of OBC?

me n my husband are working for govt. how to decide to which layer of obc we belong for. my husband's salary is >5 L, my salary <4 L, my father's <4 L per annum. .

24th February 2011, 04:41 AM
nitingoplani88

Default Re: How to distinguish between Creamy and Non-Creamy layer of OBC?

First of all we must understand what is Creamy Layer.

Creamy Layer:-
The creamy layer is a term used in Indian politics to refer to the wealth and education of the people.

Creamy Layer means people in OBC who have annual income more than a specified limit by the government. The government reservation policy is not applicable to OBC creamy layer.

Now we must know the criteria of creamy layer:-

Actually there are 6 rules in creamy layer criteria (Central) Dated 08.09.1993, like rule of post for service category & rule of land for farmers instead of having a single annual income rule. As per these 6 rules, mainly the sons & daughters of followings are creamy layer-
(I) V.V.I.Ps.- President, Vice-President, Judges of the Supreme Court and of the High Courts etc.

(II) Government or PSU employees of Central or State-
(i) parents, either of whom is a Class I officer (direct recruits)
(ii) parents, both of whom are Class II officers (direct recruits)
(iii) parents of whom only the father is a direct Class II officer and he gets into Class I at the age of 40 or earlier.

(III) In military, parents, either of whom is in the rank of Colonel and above.

(IV) Persons engaged in Profession, Trade and Industry whose last three-years separate annual income is more then Rs. 4.50 lacs per year.

(V) Families owns agriculture land having (i) irrigated land, more than 85% of the statutory ceiling area or (ii) The rule of exclusion will not apply if the land holding of a family is exclusively unirrigated.

(VI) Persons having separate gross annual income of Rs. 4.50 lacs per year or above for a period of last three consecutive years excluding income from salaries & agricultural land.

Hope you got the true meaning of creamy layer.
28th February 2011, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

whether the creamy layer shall be decided by the status of the arents ?
20th March 2011, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

I am BCC non creamy layer and my gate score is 20.67... does BCC be considered SC or qualyfing marks or OBC marks
27th March 2011, 09:30 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Difference between GE and OBC(Non Creamy Layer)
OBC or Other Backward Class refers to 'Weaker' section of the Indian society, which are Financial, Educationally and socially weaker.

Now, OBC is divide in to two part
  • OBC (Creamy Layer)
  • OBC (Non Creamy Layer)
OBC (Creamy Layer): Constitutionally, OBC (Creamy Layer) are those OBC candidates whose Parents + Candidate himself or in short whose family annual income does exceeds 4.5 Lacs.

For Example:- 'Dhunia' it refers to socially backed Muhammedans who are found in nothern part of India, this reflects its caste. So, a person id 'Dhinia' by caste, means socially and educationally weaker, but his income is 5Lacs per annum. So he will be considere under OBC (Creamy Layer).

OBC (Non Creamy Layer):
Constitutionally, previously the OBC candidates having Annual Income less then 2.5 Lacs are considered to be OBC Non-Creamy layer. But since the criteria has changed to 4.5 Lacs so all OBC candidate (father-Mother) having annual income less then 4.5 Lacs per annum will be considered under Non-Creamy Layer.

In brief Parents Income (except salary and income from agricultural land) must not exceed 4.5 Lacs in last 3 consecutive years.

But constitutionally OBC (Creamy Layer) are refrained from maximum governmet and other body reservations and facilities. All the charms are for OBC Non-Creamy layer.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
27th March 2011, 10:46 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

As the half of population in India is covered by the OBC category.

Government facing lot of problem by giving reservation to the all OBC category candidate.As in OBC category candidate are not in same range,but all are getting same opportunity.

For that government divided OBC category into two parts:

• OBC creamy layer
  • OBC non creamy layer
In OBC creamy layer,the candidate having income less than 2.5 lakhs per annum

In OBC non creamy layer,the candidate having income more than 2.5 lakhs and less than 4.5 lakks

7th April 2011, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

INCOME MEANS IS IT SALARY INCOME
7th April 2011, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

sir,I am working in psu as class 2 officer my annual salary income is more than 4.5 lakhs,other incom nill, Are my son is in crimy layer or non cremi layer for admission in mbbs
16th April 2011, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

sir,I am working in karnataka education dept. as high school ast. teacher (basic salary Rs - 10,500 ) my annual income is Rs -2,01,202 (gross salary) last financial year. no other income. Are my wife and son come under creamy layer to apply for the state and central govt. jobs ? is the creamy layer limit same for the state and central ?
16th April 2011, 07:31 PM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

Creamy Layer:-The creamy layer is a term used in Indian politics to refer to the wealth and education of the people.

Creamy Layer means people in OBC who have annual income more than a specified limit by the government. The government reservation policy is not applicable to OBC creamy layer.

Actually there are 6 rules in creamy layer criteria (Central) Dated 08.09.1993, like rule of post for service category & rule of land for farmers instead of having a single annual income rule. As per these 6 rules, mainly the sons & daughters of followings are creamy layer-
(I) V.V.I.Ps.- President, Vice-President, Judges of the Supreme Court and of the High Courts etc.

(iii) parents of whom only the father is a direct Class II officer and he gets into Class I at the age of 40 or earlier.

(IV) Persons engaged in Profession, Trade and Industry whose last three-years separate annual income is more then Rs. 4.50 lacs per year.

(V) Families owns agriculture land having (i) irrigated land, more than 85% of the statutory ceiling area or (ii) The rule of exclusion will not apply if the land holding of a family is exclusively unirrigated.

(VI) Persons having separate gross annual income of Rs. 4.50 lacs per year or above for a period of last three consecutive years excluding income from salaries & agricultural land.

hope you understand the different between creamy & non creamy layer.

best of luck
16th April 2011, 07:35 PM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

Creamy Layer:-The creamy layer is a term used in Indian politics to refer to the wealth and education of the people.

Hope you understand the meaning of creamy & non creamy layer
24th April 2011, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

non creamy layer limit was suppose to increase from 4.5 lakh to 6.00 lakhs. What is the status now?? Non creamy layer ceritificate obtain in year 2010 (base on last three years income) will valid for MBBS adimission for 2011 or we need to obtain new certificate??
25th April 2011, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

sir, I am working in the Life Insurance Corporation of India as development officer class -2, directed recruited my total income is 15,66,949.salary 3,49,949. incentive bonus 9,50,000 (which is not regular and depend on performance of every year) and rest amount is arrears get on wage revision. is my daughter is get certificate of non creamy layer?
28th April 2011, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

till last year the income of parents was 2.5 lack,this year if the income is more than 5 lakhs.can children get admission as having obc certificte in obc category.as income cross 2.5 lack obiviously he will not get discount he fees but can he get admission in obc quota or this certificte becomes in valid.if you have obc certificate
for how many years it is valid.or valid for life time
muhmmad
30th April 2011, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

sir my father is a govt. school headmaster and my father's annual salary is more than 4,50,000.but there is no other source of income .am i eligible for obc non creamy layer?
1st May 2011, 12:38 AM
wagle
Senior Member+

1st May 2011, 01:00 AM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

OBC (Creamy Layer): Those OBC (Creamy Layer) candidates whose parent salary is above 4.5 lakhs come under cremy layer

OBC (Non Creamy Layer): those OBC candidates whose parent salary is below 4.5 lakhs comes under non-cremy layer.
6th May 2011, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

my father income is 252000 per year. please tell me about i am in non creamy layer or not
23rd May 2011, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

i have my caste certificate as well as caste validity certificate and domicle but my father annual income is Rs 5 lac .but still without non creamylayer can i get admission under reservation category and does non creamy layer certificate is necessary for engineering admission
30th May 2011, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Sir/ Madam, I am a wife of class I gazatted officer, my father's annual income was more than 6 lakh one year due to arrear of 6th pay commission , but rest of 2 years annual income was less than 4.5 lakh and he was also class I gazatted officer when I applied for a job. he retired before I joined my new job. Kindly tell me whether I come in creamy layer of obc?
13th June 2011, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

my father is delhi govt. teacher and his salary (annual) income is more than 4.5 lakhs .. do i come in obc creamy layer ????????? plzzzzzzz tel me.
14th June 2011, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

SIR MY NAME IS NITHYA.MY FATHER IS RETIRED HEAD MASTER.NOW I AM GOING TO APPLY SBI PO EXAM,FOR THAT BANK ASKING ME TO SUBMIT OBC CERTIFICATE.MY CASTE IS BC VISWAKARMA,ITS BELONGS TO OBC CREAMY OR NON CREAMY LAYER ,PLEASE TELL ME.AND HOW TO GET THAT CERTIFICATE
19th June 2011, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

Criteria for medical under sbc category
25th June 2011, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

my father annual income exceeds 2 lakhs am i eligible to get kcet engineering seat under categary reservation and i'm belonging to 2A plz reply to [email protected]
2nd July 2011, 01:43 AM
Unregistered

sir,my father is governement high school teacher & his salary income is 3.4 lac per annum.
so plz tell me do i come in which layer creamy or non creamy
8th July 2011, 09:02 AM
Unregistered

sir i am amit from faridabad. this year i will get admision in the govt. college by conseeling and i want to know that difference b/w obc A & obc B AND Which has to go more preference sir plz tell me imediately.
9th July 2011, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

An officiating class I officer and not substantive comes under the cateogry of Creamy layer?
4th August 2011, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

Is there any recent supreme court verdict regarding creamy and non-creamy layer under obc category?
Reply to [email protected]
24th August 2011, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

do they consider the income of husband?
28th August 2011, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir. . .I am manoj kumar pal from New Delhi. I want to know that for making OBC caste certificate two government gazessted officers sign are must, but it's difficult to get attestation of government officers for those whose father does not a government employee or those student who are in public schools . . .sir can they get aattested their OBC certificate from two MLA. . .sir plz send me information at my email id [email protected]
Thank u
2nd September 2011, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

My incom is more tahn 4.5 LPA...but my parent's income together is less than 4.5 LPA....If i take admission in college next year..my incom would be zero. So, shall i apply through OBC non creamy layer category or general category for CAT?
9th September 2011, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

hello
my annual income is less than 200000 only so
considerd me non creamy layer category ???
24th September 2011, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

my category is 1G.....under which part i belong...in OBC creamy layer or non creamy layer????????
11th October 2011, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

sir,how to make the non creamy layer certificate? my father income is less than 200000.
2nd November 2011, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR
I AM A EMPLOYEE OF RAJASTHAN GOVT. MY SALARY IS ABOUT 2.0 LAC, MY FATHERS INCOME IS 3.0 LACKS MOTHERS, NILL. CAN I TAKE BENEFIT OF OBC OR NOT. I AM APPLYING FOR OTHER SERVICE.
10th November 2011, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

I am a Stage Govt. class-III employee having annual income of Rs. 3.35 lakh including agricultural of Rs.4,000/-. My wife is also a primary Teacher having annual income of Rs.2.80 lakhs. To which OBC category my son/ daughter will come?
17th November 2011, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

What is the difference between rule 4 and 6
29th November 2011, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

how much non cremy layer limit for year 2012-13 nikam d.h.
10th December 2011, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

But if his father got retire than whether he/she will be considered as creamy.plz reply m confuse and unable to understand.thank you.
18th December 2011, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

sir/madam, i m medical officer in gov hospital,my annual income >5.5 lac.
my wife is house wife,
is she applicable for OBC benifite,her parents annual income is <2.5 lac???
what annual income limits for non-creamy OBC???
27th December 2011, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

I am assistant Engineer in Public Sector,income is Rs250000=00 per year,My wife is teacher in primary school,her income is 240000=00 per year.Is my ward belong creamy layer or non creamy layer?
3rd January 2012, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

My fathers income is less then 1,00,000 rs. what is my categoury.? am i in non creamy layer???
5th January 2012, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

my father annual income is 459533..am I in creamy layer
7th January 2012, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

I am not very clear on below point:

>> I do not understand what you mean when you say "excluding income from salaries".
Are you saying if a person is having salary income above 4.5 lacs will still be under non-creamy-layer? What is the logic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUSH KUMAR YADAV View Post
Dear friend,

Hope you understand the meaning of creamy & non creamy layer
14th January 2012, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
myself,presently working as a asst. professor in a agriculture college, joined in 2011, getting 29000 per month and my father was a lecturer in govt. degree college in manipur,retired in the 2010.my mother is meitei and my father is bengali brahmin and forefathers are again meitei, so plzz tell me whether i fall in obc caste or not? if i fall in obc ,then if i fall in non creamy layer or not for applying to the post of central govt. in 2011?
waiting for ur quick reply.
Thanking you.
16th January 2012, 11:36 PM
aashu4646

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
whether the creamy layer shall be decided by the status of the arents ?
Yes creamy layer status is decided by status of parents only.
16th January 2012, 11:41 PM
aashu4646

Quote:
my father income is 252000 per year. please tell me about i am in non creamy layer or not
You are in non creamy layer.
16th January 2012, 11:45 PM
aashu4646

Quote:
my father is delhi govt. teacher and his salary (annual) income is more than 4.5 lakhs .. do i come in obc creamy layer ????????? plzzzzzzz tel me.
No you do not come under creamy layer.
16th January 2012, 11:51 PM
aashu4646

Quote:
I am a Stage Govt. class-III employee having annual income of Rs. 3.35 lakh including agricultural of Rs.4,000/-. My wife is also a primary Teacher having annual income of Rs.2.80 lakhs. To which OBC category my son/ daughter will come?
Your children belong to OBC noncreamy layer.
5th February 2012, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir,

For considering noncreamy layer should brothers income be calculated?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?