31st May 2017, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

Admission in any college in possible after passing from NIOS?

Sir what is the value of nios. Is its value is equal to other boards? Can we get admission in any college by passing through NIOS or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission for Engineering having 12th passed Certificate from NIOS having 4 years gap after 10th? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How may I get admission in any college of Jammu after passing 12th form NIOS board?
  3. Shall I take admission in CBSE after 10th from NIOS or continue with NIOS board? Will I get admission in good college if studied NIOS?
  4. Admission to Bachelor's Degree after passing HS from NIOS?
  5. Can I join Tribhuban University in Nepal after passing 12th from NIOS?
  6. Is it possible to complete 12th exam in private if I have discontinued school in the middle?
  7. Will I get admission in any CBSE school in class 11th after passing from NIOS class 10th?
  8. Why I am not getting admission in any college with NIOS certificate?
  9. Can i get admission in BCA in IP after passing 12th (Arts) from NIOS?
  10. Can I get admission in 12th NIOS after completing 10th CBSE? Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  11. Should I face problem to take admission in school/college being an NIOS student?
  12. After 12th from NIOS can I get admission in B.Sc at Calcutta University?
  13. Admission in IIT JEE or any other college after passing 12th by NIOS?
  14. Can I get admission in engineering college after passing 12th from NIOS board?
  15. Am I eligible to get admission for B.Sc course after completion of 12th from NIOS board?
  16. In which college of Varanasi can we get admission after passing from NIOS Board for graduation?
  17. Admission in correspondence BCA for 12th NIOS student?
  18. Admission in Pune college in Dec after giving NIOS exam?
31st May 2017, 09:41 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in any college in possible after passing from NIOS?

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and it is a recognised board under MHRD.

The certificate issued by board is valid for appearing in entrance examination and for admission in higher studies or recruitment in jobs.

So, you are eligible for getting admission in colleges after pursuing from NIOS.
31st May 2017, 11:07 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. It is a recognized board and its marksheet and certificate has same value as compared to other boards. NIOS is recognized by Ministry of Human Resource Development and Central government.

You can apply for higher studies course in different stream and government job entrance exams after passing secondary and senior secondary board exam from National Institute of Open Schooling.
31st May 2017, 11:42 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

National Institute of Open school provide opportunity to every child to complete there studies even in there busy schedule/work.

>> NIOS board has been approved by Ministry of human resource and development.
>> The syllabus is designed by NCERT.
>> A student can study from home even , as this is a distance mode of education.
>> NIOS is mainly for those student who can not do regular mode of studies.

*** For job prospectus most company mainly prefer student who have completed there degree from regular mode and had obtain good percentage.
31st May 2017, 11:59 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

NIOS is a National Institute of Open studies bored so you are eligible to take admission in those institutes for your higher studies which recognise this certificate because most of the institutes in our country recognised but very few are there which do not recognise NIOS certificate.
So before applying for admission you can log in to the website of that Institute and their you have to check that whether this university recognise this certificate or not then you can proceed for further admission procedure.
31st May 2017, 12:10 PM
help100%

Generally there is no restriction in taking admission in college with NIOS certificate but there are certain top notch colleges like St. Xaviers College, Sri Ram Commerce College, Christ College, Narsee Monjee College, etc, follows eligibility criteria of its own like they will admit students of non-open board schools or above 80%, etc.

So, no need to worry just apply to colleges of normal standard not top notch one, and before applying to any college please go through the admission guideline.
31st May 2017, 01:48 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, the NIOS board is recognised by all Universities and education institution in India.
It is the most authentic open school in the world.
The National Open School is a government authorised board.
There are some colleges or universities which does not allow admission to students who have completed their certificate from open schooling. But many universities recognise this certificate so you are eligible to pursue whatever the course you want to pursue as your higher education. You must not worry about your eligibility.
31st May 2017, 02:37 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for the admission in any college. The full details about NIOS are given below.
NIOS (National Institute of Open School) is an education board which is under the union government of India. This type of schools are established for the people who are living in the rural areas to make them study and increase literacy rate. NIOS also provides regular secondary courses and senior secondary courses.

The candidate who passed from NIOS are equally eligible because the NIOS board certificate is equal to the other boards like CBSE, CISCE. So you can apply for any college.
31st May 2017, 04:34 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The full form of NIOS is National Institute of Open Schooling.

This board has recognition from Central Government of India. You can get admission in any college after passing from NIOS board.

The value of marksheet and its certificates is equal to other boards.
31st May 2017, 06:50 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are definitely eligible for admission in any college after passing from NIOS.

NIOS- Stands for National Institute of Open Schooling is established by MHRD.

The certificate offered by NIOS is valid throughout the country.

So you need not to worry about it.
31st May 2017, 07:18 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it has equal weightage as like other recognised board. It is recognised by MHRD and offers courses upto 12th std.

So, students passed 10th or 12th are eligible for admission in other institutes as certificate is valid for appearing in entrance examination and for recruitment in jobs.

To get more information about NIOS and its offices visit at www.nos.org ( official link ).
31st May 2017, 08:18 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NIOS refers to National Institute of Open Schooling and same is one of three Central board of education in India other than CBSE and ICSE and degree provided by NIOS is equivalent to degree provided by CBSE, ICSE and other state board of education.

As far as you are concerned about recognization of degree provided by NIOS then it is definitely acceptable as NIOS is a Central board.

Also after completing degree course from NIOS board you are eligible for admission in various recognized universities like Delhi University, BHU etc.. Also you are eligible for applying for any government jobs after completing degree from NIOS.
31st May 2017, 08:58 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

NIOS certificate is also valid all over country. But the condition is that it should be recognized. If not then its certificate is not accepted by any of the institutes and university.
31st May 2017, 09:46 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schools and it plays a major role in spreading knowledge to students of rural and outskirts area of India who are not able to do regular studies. It is recognised with MHRD of India.

Candidates after pursuing the 10th or 12th from NIOS are eligible for admission in different universities and colleges for higher studies and there is no any discrimination on basis of board.

So, without any doubt you can join the school for your studies.
31st May 2017, 10:46 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling.

The value of NIOS board is same as other state boards or Central Board of Secondary Education or ICSE etc.

You can get admission in any college after passing from NIOS board. No college can deny admission on basis that you have done 10th or 12th from NIOS board.
31st May 2017, 11:34 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NIOS refers to National institute of open schooling and it is world largest network of open schooling and is one of the three national board of examination.

As far as you are concerned about getting admission in colleges having completed degree from NIOS then you are certainly eligible as degree provided same board is acceptable everywhere and is equivalent to degree provided by Central board of education like CBSE, ICSE and other state board of examination.
1st June 2017, 12:05 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and established and recognized by Indian government. So after completing school from this board you will surely get admission in a good college. Thanks
5th July 2018, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

Please give the numbers of nios to contact toll free number is not responding, want to know where are the centres in Pune, urgently
23rd May 2019, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

I did my class 10 in NIOS. I'm seeking admission to class 11 in guwahati or shillong. Please suggest me schools/ colleges in guwahati or shillong that accepts NIOS candidates.
12th June 2019, 07:44 AM
Unregistered

HOW I CAN ADMISSION IN UNIVERSITY COLLEGE THROUGH NIOS 12PASSED MARKSHEET PLEASE NOTIFY ME
8th July 2019, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

I can get addmition in Bsc nursing government colleges of gujarat with NIOS Result??
16th December 2019, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

Taken bio group in nios is applicable for medical
15th August 2020, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

I passed 12th from nios bt in mp board they ask me to submit eligibility certificate where can I find eligibility certificate
17th January 2021, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Can i get admission in college after passing the october exam from nios ?
Kindly do answer.
25th June 2021, 09:50 PM
Afreen0786

Yes you will get admission any colleges BY passing from NIOS board.

NIOS is the board of Education under the Union Government of India.

NIOS stands for (National Institute of Open School).
21st July 2021, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

If I passed 12 from NIOS, can I join in Nbse college is it possible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?