5th June 2011, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

For admission in the colleges which rank is considered between Category and Overall rank?

for admissions in colleges which rank is considered?the category rank or overall rank?plzz be quick wid ur replies n be absolutely sure while replying..

Related Questions:
  1. How to take admission in medical college through NEET?
  2. Any chance to get admission in self financing MBBS/BDS colleges under government quota after scoring 5375 rank in KEAM? What is the need of category rank list? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Colleges which I could get after scoring an AIR of 702342 and category rank of 396885?
  4. List of good colleges in Noida where I can get admission in B.Tech? My AIEEE rank is 196928
  5. Can I get admission in any B.Arch college? I have got a rank of 21814 in B.Arch AIEEE exam
  6. Which colleges are suitable for my rank in AIEEE? I have scored 310547 rank
  7. Syllabus for Entrance Exam of M.Sc Biochemistry of Delhi University?
  8. Can I get admission in any NIT after scoring an AIR of 400296 and category rank of 26294
  9. What are the chances of getting admission in Uttarkhand? List of the reputed colleges outside my state?
  10. In which government departments can B.Arch holders get a job?
  11. In which NIT can I get admission after scoring an overall rank of 66598?
  12. What is the Admission procedure for NIT's? My overall AIR is 146124
  13. What is the chance to get admission in B.Arch government college?
  14. Which rank of AP-EAMCET between General/Local and Local, Category & Gender will be considered for MBBS admission in Andhra Pradesh? -- [New]
  15. Can I get admission in NIT Kurukshetra? Which are the good colleges in Haryana? What is the admission procedure?
  16. Do I have any chance for admission in NIT after scoring 19886 in AIEEE and overall rank of 25336?
  17. What all colleges I can get admission into with OBC girl category rank of162?
  18. In which government college can I get after scoring RPET rank of 8677 and AIEEE rank of 31000 rank?
3rd September 2011, 02:04 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: For admission in the colleges which rank is considered between Category and Overall rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
for admissions in colleges which rank is considered?the category rank or overall rank?plzz be quick wid ur replies n be absolutely sure while replying..
For admission in the colleges which rank is considered between Category and Overall rank?

Colleges generally takes admission on the basis of some conditions:
  • If you belongs to any category and the seats in that college for that specific category student is vacant then they will ask you to produce the required certificate and then after that you will get admission.

• If you fails to submit the required certificates which proves that you belongs to some reserved quota ,then you will not allowed to get admission in reserved quota and will be treated as general and your overall rank will be used .

With Regards
ravik1214
3rd September 2011, 02:17 PM
devbj

Default Re: For admission in the colleges which rank is considered between Category and Overall rank?

Quote:
Dear friend ,,

Generally the colleges prepares ranks in 3 catagories

1.General rank 2.OBC rank 3. sc/sc rank

After this depending upon the % of seats in particular quota seats are alloted,,,depending upon your quota rank
Otherwise general rank would be considered!!!!!!
3rd September 2011, 03:46 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For admission in the colleges which rank is considered between Category and Overall rank?

Quote:
for most of the college admissions..they see the overall rank..but if the specific college in which you want to take admission into..has special reservation for your category..then your category rank comes into play..it will benefit you only if your category students have not filled up the seats already
22nd February 2012, 08:12 PM
edward1989

Colleges generally takes admission on the basis of some conditions:
If you belongs to any category and the seats in that college for that specific category student is vacant then they will ask you to produce the required certificate and then after that you will get admission.

If you fails to submit the required certificates which proves that you belongs to some reserved quota ,then you will not allowed to get admission in reserved quota and will be treated as general and your overall rank will be used .
11th June 2012, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

my Overall AIR RANK is 406162 and category rank is 8720. Can i get into any NIT.Please reply me soon
13th June 2012, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

i belong to ST category, so my aieee air category rank is 15951 amd state rank is 1800(ST) so can i get in any good nit
13th June 2012, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

hi, i belong to st category and my aieee 2012 AIR category rank is 15951 and state category rank is 1897.Are there any chances to get in top nit's.
6th May 2014, 02:20 PM
Rohit628

i have appeared in jee main 2014 as general category but now i have my obc certificate with me
will i be benefited by reservation or not ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?