13th January 2013, 10:33 PM
Aishwarya.S.Chandran

After 12th can I do B.Tech? I wish to study for B.Tech

I'm wishing to study for B.Tech? But i am not interested with biology group. Now i am doing +2. After +2 can do B.Tech? Is biology marks taken for it? Can i do B.Tech?

14th January 2013, 10:00 AM
nitishtrifid

Default Re: After 12th can I do B.Tech? I wish to study for B.Tech

Hello Dear,

your wish is making your careen in engineering field so B-tech is must. for doing B-tech you completed your 12th with subject of Maths and physics.

If your 12th is completed with subject of maths & physics then you can give various entrance exam and take admission is B-tech course

List of entrance exam for doing B-tech
1. IIT
2. AIEEE
3.State level entrance exam like as for Uttar predesh You can appear UPTU
4. College entrance exam like as VIT,

Bets of luck
14th January 2013, 01:02 PM
babanpreet

You have not mention your stream. To do B.tech you have to choose Non Medical in +2 or diploma holder .In Non Medical there are 3 main subjects Physics,Chemistry and Maths.So,Biology is not part of these subjects.So,don't fear about that
14th January 2013, 01:25 PM
siddharthawasthi

hii friend..
You want to do B.Tech.the subject you are not interested in is not at all the requirement for B.Tech.
All you need to do is ..
1.complete your 12th with physics.mathematics and chemistry with minimum 50%(60% if want to get admission in IIT's).
2.apply for any of the state or central engineering entrance examination.
3.do well in the examination and seek for any good college through counslings..
gooluck
14th January 2013, 01:27 PM
siddharthawasthi

hii friend..
You want to do B.Tech.the subject you are not interested in is not at all the requirement for B.Tech.
All you need to do is ..
1.complete your 12th with physics.mathematics and chemistry with minimum 50%(60% if want to get admission in IIT's).
2.apply for any of the state or central engineering entrance examination.
3.do well in the examination and seek for any good college through counslings..
gooluck
14th January 2013, 02:00 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

To take admission in the B.Tech, you must have completed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Maths subjects. Biology is not important if you want to do Engineering. Biology is important for candidates who want to do MBBS.

Therefore if you have Maths, Chemistry and Physics subjects in 12th, you can apply for the Engineering course. For admission you will have to appear for the entrance exam. It is not possible to get admission in Engineering college without having to appear for entrance exams.

Institutes like National Institute of Technology and Indian Institute of Technology never offer admission without entrance exam. The most popular entrance exams for engineering are:

AIEEE

IIT-JEE

MHA-CET

UPSEE

BITSAT

AIEEE is conducted for admission in IIITs, NITs and other government colleges. IIT-JEE entrance exam is for admission in IITs while MHA-CET is conducted for engineering colleges in Maharashtra.

From 2013, all these 3 entrance exams will be scrapped and would get replaced by the ISEET entrance exam. The ISEET is a new entrance exam for engineering which is expected to replace all the engineering entrance exams. It will start by replacing AIEEE, IIT-JEE and MHA-CET from 2013.

The Ministry of Human Resources and Development are in talks with other states to also replace their existing entrance exam with ISEET entrance exam.

ISEET Eligibility

1. Must have completed 12th with PCM subjects.

2. At least 40 percent marks in 12th standard.
14th January 2013, 02:51 PM
Tarunj94

Hello friends,

1.You need to be 12th pass with at least 55 percent marks to appear for engineering entrance exam.

2.get your Semester here:List_of_Books.pdf

3.you can b.tech without biology

Thank u
14th January 2013, 04:59 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: After 12th can I do B.Tech? I wish to study for B.Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aishwarya.S.Chandran View Post
I'm wishing to study for B.Tech? But i am not interested with biology group. Now i am doing +2. After +2 can do B.Tech? Is biology marks taken for it? Can i do B.Tech?
Hi

SURE YOU CAN STUDY B.Tech after passing out of Class 12th. B.Tech is the famous Engineering course which can be taken up by any HS pass candidate with over 60% marks in it. Also PCM subjects are compulsory for taking B.Tech as your graduation course.

I am going to put the process in step wise format so that it gets easy for you.
1. You have to sit for the Entrance Exams like IIT JEE, AIEEE, DCE CEE, WB JEE, UPTUEE, SRMEEE, VITEEE, BITSAT, MHT-CET, COMED-K, etc and many others to get an Engineering stream in any of the colleges which are listed under the specific entrances.

2. You have to clear it such that you get the highest possible rank. This is the competition that you have to face to get a B.Tech seat in India. IIT's are the top colleges for the B.Tech and the IIT JEE is the Entrance for them. NIT's come next which take in take through the AIEEE Exam.

3. Once you crack it, you would be called for the counselling. There you have to choose the stream that you wish to study and then see if the desired colleges you have chose have them available for you till the rank you have. If its available, then you can choose it, but if not, then you have to change your preferences.

4. Once done, you have to visit the campus of that college and take a round there. See it, meet its teachers, see labs, infrastructure and finally pay the fees, hostel fees if you take it, and complete all the other formalities.

5. Then you can start your session in that college and study Engineering for the next 4 years. Please try to cope up with the studies and do not get back as its not a good reputation for your CV.

Hope these helps and explains well..
All the best
Regards
RANJEET
14th January 2013, 05:58 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
after 12th standard,
you can do b.tech by applying ISEET exam.

Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test (ISEET) is all set to replace two of the most popular entrance exams for Engineering in India.

Apparently you have not heard that AIEEE entrance exam would be scrapped from 2013. Similar is the fate for IIT-JEE entrance exam. Therefore forget about appearing for AIEEE. Instead you can appear for a new entrance exam which will replace both these exams

Eligibility

1. You must have passed 12th with PCM.

2. A minimum of 40 percent marks in 12th board.

THANK YOU................................
14th January 2013, 07:07 PM
ipkay93

Hello dear , yes you can definitely apply for the B. Tech after successfully completing your 12th. For this you need to clear the the basic eligibility condition which has been brought down to 45% with taking an average of Physics, Chemistry, Maths.

For the admission you need to appear for the engineering entrance examinations like AIEEE, IIT - JEE , etc the questions in the entrance examinations are from Physics , Chemistry, Mathematics and the admission will be given on the basis of your performance in the Entrance Examination.

Regards,
Pkay.
14th January 2013, 08:34 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: After 12th can I do B.Tech? I wish to study for B.Tech

Quote:

How To Do B.Tech After 12th

After completion of your 12th..you can appear for various entrance exams to get admission to B.Tech courses in various good colleges across the country like :-

>> IIT JEE :- which is conducted every year for admissions to the best engineering colleges in India like the IITs, IISER, ISM Dhanbad and a few other prominent colleges..

You need to have at least 60% in your 12th boards in Physics, Chemistry and Maths..

You can Click Here for more details about the exam..

>> AIEEE :- Candidate must have 50% in 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Maths..

It is conducted for admission to NITs, BITS Mesra, PEC, DTU and a lot of colleges all over the country..

You can Click Here for more details about this exam..

>> VITEEE :- Conducted for admission to Vellore Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu..

Click Here for more details about the college and available courses..

>> BITSAT :- Candidates appearing for this exam must have an aggregate of 80% in Physics, Chemistry and Maths and 60% above in each individual subjects..

For more details about the exam..Click Here

>> KCET :- Karnataka Common Entrance Test conducted for admissions to various Universities in Karnataka..

Click Here for details..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
15th January 2013, 02:27 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

Yes definitely, you can do B.Tech courses.

You can appear for various entrance exams to take admission for doing B.Tech courses are prescribed as below:-

* IIT JEE- 12th with 60% marks with PCM.

* AIEEE- 12th with 50% marks with PCM.

* BITSAT- 12th with 80% marks with PCM.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
16th January 2013, 02:13 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Exclamation Re: After 12th can I do B.Tech? I wish to study for B.Tech

Quote:
To take admission in the B.Tech, you must have completed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Maths subjects. Biology is not important if you want to do Engineering. Biology is important for candidates who want to do MBBS.

Therefore if you have Maths, Chemistry and Physics subjects in 12th, you can apply for the Engineering course. For admission you will have to appear for the entrance exam. It is not possible to get admission in Engineering college without having to appear for entrance exams.

Institutes like National Institute of Technology and Indian Institute of Technology never offer admission without entrance exam. The most popular entrance exams for engineering are:

AIEEE

IIT-JEE

MHA-CET

UPSEE

BITSAT

AIEEE is conducted for admission in IIITs, NITs and other government colleges. IIT-JEE entrance exam is for admission in IITs while MHA-CET is conducted for engineering colleges in Maharashtra.

From 2013, all these 3 entrance exams will be scrapped and would get replaced by the ISEET entrance exam. The ISEET is a new entrance exam for engineering which is expected to replace all the engineering entrance exams. It will start by replacing AIEEE, IIT-JEE and MHA-CET from 2013.

The Ministry of Human Resources and Development are in talks with other states to also replace their existing entrance exam with ISEET entrance exam.

ISEET Eligibility

1. Must have completed 12th with PCM subjects.

2. At least 40 percent marks in 12th standard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?