11th January 2019, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

After completing Diploma in Civil branch can I take admission in Mechanical branch for B.Tech?

Sir, I have completed my Diploma in Civil engineering but, I want to change my branch for my B.Tech. I want to pursue B.Tech in Mechanical engineering. Is it possible? Will I get admission directly in 2nd year of B.Tech Mechanical?

23rd January 2019, 11:06 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After completing Diploma in Civil branch can I take admission in Mechanical branch for B.Tech?

You are not eligible to get admission in B.Tech Mechanical Engineering through lateral entry.

Candidates passed diploma from a recognised institute are eligible to get admission in B.Tech course in only the same stream in which he/she completed the diploma course.

So, you are eligible to get admission in Civil Engineering course only.
24th January 2019, 08:02 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After completing Diploma in Civil branch can I take admission in Mechanical branch for B.Tech?

Candidates passed diploma in Civil are not eligible to get admission in Mechanical course.

So, you are only eligible to appear for the examination to get admission in Civil Engineering through lateral entry.

Entrance examination is conducted for admission in the course.
25th January 2019, 01:20 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates passed diploma are eligible to get admission through lateral entry in 2nd year of B.Tech course in the stream in which they have completed the diploma course.

So, as you have passed the diploma course in Civil Engineering you are not eligible for admission in B.Tech in Mechanical engineering.

Entrance examination is conducted for the admission in various institute.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?