24th April 2013, 12:13 PM

After diploma how to join IIT in direct 2nd year? I have completed first year diploma in electrical engineering

Now I am completed first year of diploma in electrical engineering. After doing diploma iwant to join IIT in direct second year So how can I join it??

Related Questions:
  1. How to join IIT after passing 2nd year diploma?
  2. Can I get admission in direct 2nd year degree after scoring 59% in diploma in electrical engineering
  3. Should I take admission in Electrical Engineering for direct 2nd year after passing diploma with 82%?
  4. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.E after scoring 62% in diploma in electrical engineering?
  5. What is better, Diploma or 12th? What are the advantages of doing diploma+degree over 12th+degree? Does IIT offer direct 2nd year entry to diploma holders?
  6. How to join diploma in civil engineering direct in 2nd year? I have completed my Civil Draughtsmen
  7. Direct 2nd year B.Tech in VIT after Diploma? Is there any problem for Diploma holder to study Abroad? -- [New]
  8. Can diploma pass out student get admission in IIT directly in second year? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Names of the colleges of instrumentation Engineering for direct 2nd year? I have completed diploma in Instrumentation Engineering with 71% in final year diploma
  10. How to join direct 3rd year engineering after completing diploma in computer engineering?
  11. Can I go for 2nd year of IIT JEE college after passing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  12. How can a diploma(Mechanical Engineer) graduate take admission(in 2nd year) in IIT colleges?
  13. Can I join the direct 2nd year in Aeronautical Engineering after completing my diploma in mechanical engineering?
  14. Can I get admission in direct 2nd year after diploma in civil engineering branch
  15. Is it possible to join IITs after Diploma?
  16. Eligibility for Polytechnic courses? Centers in Trivandrum are for both girls and boys? Which field should I get a job?
  17. Is there any opportunity for diploma holder to take admission in 2nd year? I have completed diploma course
  18. Which field should I choose after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 81% marks? Colleges for direct 2nd year admission to diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
31st May 2013, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: After diploma how to join IIT in direct 2nd year? I have completed first year diploma in electrical engineering

After completing diploma in electrical engg hw cn v join IIT college
27th June 2013, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: After diploma how to join IIT in direct 2nd year? I have completed first year diploma in electrical engineering

I am studying diploma in civil engineering 2nd year.How to join IIT after completing diploma in Civil Engineering?
19th July 2013, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

Can i get Admission in Direct Second Year Degree after scoring 87.55% in Diploma in Fabrication Technology & Erection Engineering
27th July 2013, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

how to join IIT after compliting diploma?
9th September 2013, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

how to join IIT colleges after completing diploma in mechanical?
10th September 2013, 09:17 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can not join in the second year of Indian Institutes of Technology. Unfortunately it is not possible. The lateral entry admission scheme is not valid in Indian Institutes of Technology. Which means you will have to go through proper admission procedure and take admission in the first year.

Institutes like Indian Institutes of Technology and National Institutes of Technology do not have any provision to allow lateral entry admission. The admission in these institutes is given through the entrance exam.

The name of entrance exam is Joint Entrance Exam. You will have to appear for it and clear it to get admission. There are two stages in it. First is JEE Mains which is for 15 percent All India Engineering Seats including National Institutes of Technology.

Second stage is not compulsary but only the candidates who want admission in Indian Institutes of Technology have to appear for it. The second stage is called JEE Advanced.

JEE Eligibility

1. You must have finish 12th Class.

2. With Physics, Chemistry and Maths as subjects.

3. Or you should have diploma from AICTE recognized college.

4. There is no criteria for marks.

5. Age limit is 25 years.

6. There is 5 years relaxation for SC and ST.

Now if you want admission in Indian Institutes of Technology then you should appear for the Joint Entrance Exam. However if you want admission through lateral entry only then forget about IITs and consider other colleges.

For direct admission in second year, you will have to appear for Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET). To appear for this exam you should have minimum of 60 percent marks in the diploma course which you have completed.

LEET is not the only entrance exam. Some colleges have their own written tests to offer admission through Lateral entry.
19th September 2013, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is sharath iam complete 12th class now iam 2nd year diploma student. i have dream join iit and very much intrested about it i want to study in iit after diploma how can i prepare iit entrance exam and how will apply or take iit entarnce exam please give me some idea
29th October 2013, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Sir...my name is pradeep lagad and i want to join iit. I m final yr mechanical engg diploma student..so what is the procedure for admission in direct 2nd IIT colleges? When its form will i have to submitted? Plz send all details.
3rd November 2013, 02:56 AM
Unregistered

how to join iit after diploma eee
9th June 2014, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir, my name is shivraj chikkannavar and i want to join IIT. I am 2ed yr MECHANICAL ENGG diploma student. How to join IIT? plz send all detail.
23rd July 2014, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

i am studying in 5th sem Diplom In mechanical engg can i join to iit if yes how to join?
6th September 2014, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

sir, I am Prantik ,i want to study iit engineering collage after diploma in mechanical. So would u like to say me that what is the prossedior?
6th September 2014, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

sir, I am Prantik ,i want to study iit engineering collage after diploma in mechanical. So would u like to say me that what is the prossedior?
21st September 2014, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

Sir...my name is kartik sahu form Berhampur,odisha.Now i am studing 5th sem in electronics and telecommunication at JES.my dream is join iit after diploma,how i fillfull my dream.please sir give me some information about JEE.
7th December 2014, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

I m doing 4 yrs diploma in mechanical engg.(tool & die ) and in future i want to join iit even if i got admission in Ist year.can i apply for it????
9th March 2016, 03:10 AM
Unregistered

Arrow Re: After diploma how to join IIT in direct 2nd year? I have completed first year diploma in electrical engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Now I am completed first year of diploma in electrical engineering. After doing diploma iwant to join IIT in direct second year So how can I join it??
I am Akash Shende studied at direct 2nd year and next year 3rd year (EE) then complete my diploma next year so I am interested in IIT so can you help me
To give mi advice selection of IIT
29th September 2018, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to second year in IIT after passing diploma in civil engineering?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?