10th July 2011, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

Should I take admission in Electrical Engineering for direct 2nd year after passing diploma with 82%?

shall i take the addmission to electrical engg. for direct 2 year 2011-2012.i have passed diploma with 82%.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in direct 2nd year degree after scoring 59% in diploma in electrical engineering
  2. Can I get direct admission in B.Tech 2nd year of NPTI, Nagpur if secured 69.88% in Electrical Engineering Diploma course and having 1 year of worked experience?
  3. Can I get direct admission in 2nd year of Electrical Engineering Diploma course if secured 41.2% in 12th PCM?
  4. How to get admission direct 2nd year of B.E after passing diploma in IT with 73%?
  5. Possibility to get direct admission in 2nd year of Diploma Chemical for 12th candidate with 48.15%?
  6. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.E after scoring 62% in diploma in electrical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to do B.E course in Gujarat after passing diploma in Electrical Engineering in Gujarat?
  8. Is it possible to get direct admission in 2nd year for graduation if I have completed diploma in civil engineering with 85% marks?
  9. In which engineering course will I be able to take admission in direct 2nd y ear after passing diploma mechanical with 68% marks?
  10. How to take admission in direct IInd year after passing diploma electrical engineering? How to participate in CAP round
  11. Will I get get admission to direct 2nd year in Maharashtra after doing diploma in Electrical with 75% in Goa? Procedure to get admitted and documents required?
  12. Can I get admission in direct 2nd year after passing diploma in computer engineering with 83%?
  13. Can I get admission in B.E. 2nd year in IIT being a Diploma holder in Electrical Engineering? -- [New]
  14. How to get admission in direct 2nd year in civil engineering after passing diploma in mechanical engineering
  15. Can I get direct admission to study Aeronautical Diploma if failed in 2nd year of Diploma Mechanical?
  16. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.E.(Electrical Engineering) if completed Diploma in Computer Engineering?
  17. Can I get direct admission in B.Tech 2nd year if secured 85% in Diploma Civil?
  18. Can I get admission in direct 2nd year degree after scoring 81% in final year diploma in mechanical engineering?
8th June 2012, 01:50 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I take admission in Electrical Engineering for direct 2nd year after passing diploma with 82%?

If you want to pursue electrical engineering after diploma you cannot take direct admission. Diploma candidates can secure admission for B.E /B.Tech course by lateral entry scheme. Candidates who have scored 60% marks in diploma can apply for graduation course through this scheme. According to this, candidates need to attend entrance examination. If they clear this exam with a good rank, they can study 2nd year engineering course onwards.
19th November 2012, 06:31 PM
ankurking59

Default Re: Should I take admission in Electrical Engineering for direct 2nd year after passing diploma with 82%?

Yes ofcourse you can take admission in B.E through lateral entery. After passing diploma it will be very benificial for you. You can take only ECE or EEE trade in B.E and one more thing you have to make your mathematical portions strong because in comparisin to the 10+2, the students of diploma are weaker in maths. So you just go ahead and compleat your degree very well.
5th December 2012, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

I completed diploma final year.how to take direct 2nd year electrical engineering?
6th December 2012, 12:12 AM
pasamswapna

hello sir,

You completed diploma, so you can take direct admission into 2nd year in engineering.But you should take EEE or ECE branches only.Another thing i would like to say you that,
* After joining into 2nd year you should have to write your 1st year subjects along with 2nd year subjects.So you should have to do hardwork.

All the best.
6th December 2012, 12:37 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
shall i take the addmission to electrical engg. for direct 2 year 2011-2012.i have passed diploma with 82%.
Dear,

All diploma holder students can take admission in direct second year of engineering through lateral entry. It will be good for your career if you want to add a degree rather than a diploma qualification in your resume.

You can take lateral entry through following entrance exams:
  1. LEET i.e. lateral entry admission test.
  2. GATE
  3. State level entrance tests like UPSEE,WBJEE etc

For writing these exams you need to have at least 60% marks in your diploma and since your marks are 82% you can obviously take these exams and take admission in engineering courses.

If you want to get admission in a reputed engineering college you have to prepare well for these exams and give your best in it. If your performance in GATE will be outstanding yuo can even take admissionin IIT which is a dream of every engineering asprant in India.

Some of the reputed Engineering Colleges offering Lateral admission are:
  1. Punjab University,Chandigarh.
  2. Delhi Engineering College,Delhi.
  3. IP University,Delhi.
  4. Punjabi University,Patiala.
  5. Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology,Patiala.
  6. KIITS University,Orissa.
  7. Government College of Engineering,Pune.
  8. Punjab Technical University,Jalandhar.
  9. Sant Longoval Institute of Engineering and Technology,Sangrur.
  10. Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College,Ludhiana.
  11. Guru Teg Bahadur Institute of Technology,Malout.
  12. Amity School of Engineering and Technology,Delhi

All the best!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?