28th September 2018, 01:42 AM
Maya18

Eligibility to secure PhD(Anthropology) admission in Calcutta University for MA student of IGNOU?

Dear friends, I am doing MA in Anthropology from IGNOU. I want to do PhD with same specialization from Calcutta University. I just want to know that am I eligible to secure admission for PhD program after completing my MA from IGNOU?

29th September 2018, 12:47 PM
Anwesha Banerjee15

Default Re: Eligibility to secure PhD(Anthropology) admission in Calcutta University for MA student of IGNOU?

For PhD in anthropology in C.U you need to have 55% aggregate in post-graduation. They conduct an university entrance exam, followed by an interview. However, if you have your own fellowship then you are eligible for direct interview.
29th September 2018, 01:14 PM
shivangi354

Default Re: Eligibility to secure PhD(Anthropology) admission in Calcutta University for MA student of IGNOU?

For PhD in anthropology, Masters degree in Philosophy in most colleges, but some colleges accept master’s degree candidates from other subjects as well.
29th September 2018, 08:17 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue PhD in Anthropology admission in Calcutta University:

The basic eligibility criteria required to pursue this PhD in Anthropology course in Calcutta University is given below.

<> Candidates must have completed their Post Graduation in concerned stream from a recognized university.

<> And as you are done with MA in Anthropology course, I can say that you are certainly eligible.

<> Besides this, you are required to appear in RET (Research Eligibility Test) Entrance Examination that is conducted by University of Calcutta.

<> Hence, you are required to score good marks in this Examination.

<> Candidates who have qualified for the entrance test and those who have cleared CSIR or UGC JRF or NET or SLET or GATE or SET or who have obtained DST INSPIRE Fellowship or Teacher Fellowship or ..etc., are exempted from appearing in writing this RET Examination. You may refer the below notification for more detailed information.

Click here for More Detailed Information
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?