13th April 2013, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for admission in LLB course after doing B.Com external?

I have done Bcom external. Am I eligible for admission in LLb course?

14th April 2013, 08:25 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for admission in LLB course after doing B.Com external?

hi,
Yes you can do LLB course after B.com. The duration will be of 3 yrs.
The eligibility criteria for LLB course is that one should have B.A/ B.Sc/ B.Com degree with minimum 40% marks in aggregate for general category and 35% in aggregate for SC/ST students. But you have to pass the Entrance exam and personal Interview.
Here are some best places to do LLB:

National Law Institute University, Bhopal
Symbiosis Law School, Pune
Law College, pune
Government Law College, Mumbai

All the best...................
15th April 2013, 12:40 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for admission in LLB course after doing B.Com external?

Your degree is sufficient enough to be eligible for LLB. However a lot also depends on the percentage you have obtained in the graduation. If you are also meeting the percentage criteria then surely you can apply for the LLB course.

The criteria for LLB is graduation degree. You can complete any course and through regular mode or distance education. It is irrelevant, as long as you have completed the course from a recognized college.

If you have completed Bachelor of Commerce from recognized college then there will be no issue in applying for the LLB course. The duration of this course is 3 years and after completing it you can become lawyer and start practicing in the court.

While the qualifying degree can be completed through either regular or correspondence, this luxury is not given in the LLB course. What I mean is that you will have to complete the LLB course through regular mode.

You can not apply for the course through distance education. If you decides to do so the Bar Council of India will not allow you to appear as lawyer in the court. The degree should be completed in regular mode.

Please check the criteria below and ensure that you are meeting it to be eligible for the LLB course from a recognized college.

Eligibility of LLB

1. The qualifying course is graduation degree.

2. 45 percent or more marks in qualifying course.

3. 40 percent marks in case of SC/ST.

4. Candidates older than 30 years can not apply.

5. SC/ST are given 5 years relaxation.

6. No relaxation is offered for OBCs.
9th July 2013, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

For which admission test should i prepare if i have passed b.com?
17th August 2013, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

as per rule from 2011,bci do not allow admisson in llb who have passed graduation as external student.gujarat university sent appeal agaist this rule in 2011 but what happended i don't know.if you have any information,plese tell me.
My email [email protected]
11th December 2013, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for admission in LLB course after doing b.com From ycmou (open university) with 45% ?
11th December 2013, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for admission in LLB course after doing B.Com in YCMOU (open university) with 45%?
12th May 2014, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

I have done b.com from panjab university. Except m.com and mba what other options do i have?
9th July 2014, 02:03 AM
Unregistered

I m graduate from ycmou but not have done 12th so am I eligible for law course or not if not then what to do now
18th January 2015, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

I have completed b.com from Ycmou the question is can I took admission to b.a. external from regular university?
13th March 2015, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for llb after doing m.com externally with 54%
27th January 2016, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

Hi friends

I have done my B.Com in correspondence from University of Madras. shall I eligible for doing LLB 3 years course.
24th April 2017, 08:02 AM
Unregistered

I have done my ba degree with ycmou .Can I eligible for regular admission in government law college with my ycmou ba degree.
28th July 2018, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

I have done my b.com from ycmou. Then I completed my m.lib. regular college the yr.. Shall I eligible for doing LLB 3 yr course?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?