2nd March 2013, 03:07 PM
afcat1

Am I eligible for AFCAT after passing B.Tech?

Hello Sir,

I am a B.Tech student currently in 6th semester (Mechanical). Am I eligible for AFCAT 2 2013 if I will not be able to present my provisional degree by 15th june 2014.
Is there any extension date for this.

10th July 2013, 10:24 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for AFCAT after passing B.Tech?

hi,

AFCAT stand for Air Force Common Admission Test

This exam is conducted for candidates to join in Indian Air Force.This exam is conducted for 3 branches in IAF and they may include such as:

Ground Duty Branch
Flying Branch
Technical Branch

For writing this exam the candidate need to satisfy certain eligibility conditions for the respected branch and they may include such as:

Ground Duty Branch:

The candidates who wish to apply for this should be between 20-27 years of age.

The candidate must have the PG or Bachelor degree in any subject with at least 60% aggregate marks.

Flying Branch:

The candidate should have a age limit of 19-23 years.

The candidate must have the B.E / B.Tech degree or a Graduate in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks.

Technical Branch:

The age limit for joining in this branch is that the candidate must have 18-28 years of age

The education qualification for the branch is that the candidate must have done Aeronautical Engineering with minimum 60% marks.

Pattern for AFCAT:

Reasoning
Numerical ability
Verbal ability (English)
General Awareness
General Knowledge
General Aptitude

All the best........................

11th July 2013, 01:40 AM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Indian Air Force conducts Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) every year for recruitment of both male and female candidates for various Short Service Commission and Permanent Commission in Technical Branch, Flying Branch and Ground Duty Branches.

To be eligible for Technical and Flying branches, the candidate must have completed bachelor degree in engineering with minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.

As per educational qualification criteria, you are eligible for to appear for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) 2013.

As per Notification issued by http://careerairforce.nic.in , candidates appearing in final year/semester can also apply provisionally for upcoming examination provided they must be able to submit provisional/original degree certificate latest by 15 JUNE, 2014.

11th July 2013, 01:57 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend........

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test.

This exam conducted by the Indian Air Force.

This exam conducted 3 branches

Ground Duty Branch

Flying Branch

Technical Branch

Eligibility Criteria:

Ground Duty Branch:

Candidate should have the Post Graduation or Graduation with aggregate percentage is 60%.

Candidate age limit should be between 20 to 27 years.

Flying Branch:

Candidate should complete the B.E\B.Tech with aggregate percentage is 60% of marks.

Your age limit should be between 19 to 23 years.

Technical Branch:

Candidate should complete the Aeronautical Engineering with 60% of marks in Engineering.

Your age limit should be between 18 to 28 years.

Syllabus of AFCAT:

General Awareness

Reasoning

General Aptitude

Numerical ability

General Knowledge

Verbal ability (English)

All the best...............

11th July 2013, 03:28 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for AFCAT after after passing B.Tech.

AFCAT - Air Force Common Admission Test, conducted by Indian Air Force for selection of Officers in Flying Branch/Technical Branch/Ground Duty Branch.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian National having completed Graduation Degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Engineering with 60% marks from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 23 years for Flying Branch and 18 to 28 years for Technical Branch, can apply for AFCAT.

The selection is through written Exam followed by Personal Interview along with Medical Test.

The written exam based on the following subjects:-

-Reasoning
-Verbal Ability
-General Awareness
-Numerical Ability
-General Aptitude

For more information you may log on to http://www.careerairforce.nic.in

11th July 2013, 06:45 PM
nim@1990

Dear student,

After passing B.Tech you can join IAF
Indian Air Force (IAF) is organizing a Common Admission Test for hiring of Both MEN & WOMEN for its courses proposed to start from January 2013 & July 2013 (for UES -2013) . IAF will be providing a Short Service Commission in Flying, Technical and Ground branches to the Selected Indian Citizens.

Last Date: 13 Jan 2012

Branch Name & Eligibility Criteria For BE/ btech:

For Men:

Flying Branch :

Qualification : BE/B.Tech degree Four year course from a recognized University with minimum 60 % marks in aggregate in all papers put together

11th July 2013, 07:07 PM
VARAPRASAD465491

no ,because only undergraduates with the percentage of 60

11th July 2013, 07:09 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

AFCAT - Air Force Common Admission Test.This exam is conducted for which candidates are interested to join in Indian Air Force.

This includes three branches:

1.Technical Branch
2.Flying Branch
3.Ground Duty Branch

For pursuing this three branches in Indian Air Force some eligibility is required for those branches. This eligibility is difference for various branches.

Eligibility for Technical Branch:

Candidate must be secure minimum 60% of marks B.E/B.Tech or aeronautical engineering.

Candidates age limit between 18 to 28 years.

2.Eligibility for Flying Branch:

Candidates must be have the B.E/B.Tech degree or graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

Candidates must be subjects Physics and Mathematics in 12th standard.

Candidates should be secured minimum 60% of marks in their academic years.

Candidates age should be between 19 years to 23 years.

3.Ground Duty Branch:

Candidates must have the Post Graduation or Bachelor Degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Candidates must be secured with 60% of marks in graduation.

Candidates must be secured with 50% aggregate marks in P.G.

Candidates age limit should be between 20 to 27 years.

some of AFCAT Coaching Centers:

Calculus Classes

Unique IAS Study Circle

JK Institute

Sreekrishna Entrance coaching Centre

Brilliantine

Darshanana Academy Kottayam

Naipunnya Academy

12th July 2013, 02:01 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you will be eligible for AFCAT after the completion of B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering.

AFCAT is Air Force Common Admission Test which is conducted for Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duty Branch of Indian Air Force.

Age Limit:

Flying Branch - 19 to 23 years

Technical Branch - 18 to 28 years

Ground Duty Branch -20 to 23 for Graduate and 20 to 25 years for Post Graduates.

Selection Pattern:

-Written Examination

-SSB Interview

-Medical Examination

For more information and online application visit http://www.careerairforce.nic.in

You can also download the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AFCAT.pdf(104.1 KB, 64 views)

2nd August 2013, 05:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcat1 View Post
Hello Sir,

I am a B.Tech student currently in 6th semester (Mechanical). Am I eligible for AFCAT 2 2013 if I will not be able to present my provisional degree by 15th june 2014.

Air Force Common Admission Test. AFCAT is an Entrance test conducted for Selection of candidates in defence sector various branch of Indian Air force(Flying, ground, Technical).

AFCAT exam conduct once time in a year .

If you have completed BE/B.Tech degree then you are applicable for flying branch exam.Your 12th standard subject must be physics and Mathematics .Your age should be in between 19 to 23 years old .

If you have completed BE/B.Tech in Aeronautical engineering so you are applicable for Technical Branch exam.Your age should be in between 18 to 28 years old .

If you have completed in PG Degree/Bachelor Degree in any subjects then you are applicable for Ground Duty Branches .Your age should be in between 19 to 27 years old

Quote:
You are now in 6th semester so you are not applicable for AFCAT exam but after completion of B-Tech degree you can apply for AFCAT exam
Selection Process for AFCAT Exam :-

Best Books for AFCAT Exam :-

AFCAT Air Force Common Admission Test for Flying & Technical Branch
Author: Arihant Experts
Publisher: Arihant
Rs. 271

How To Prepare For AFCAT: Air Force Common Admission Test Complete Book
Publisher: Priyanka Prakashan
Rs. 250

AFCAT Air Force Common Admission Test Exam for Flying and Technical Branch Guide 1st Edition
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House
Rs. 220

AFCAT Vayu Sena Sanyukt Pravesh Pariksha: Flying, Technical Va Ground Duty Branch Ke Liye
Author: Arihant Experts
Publisher: Arihant
Rs. 212

List Of the Best Coaching center for AFCAT Exam:-

CAVALIER INDIA
Thompil Buildings,
III Floor, Sasthamangalam,
Trivandrum - 10, Kerala.
Tel: (0471) 2318238 / 2727040
Mobile: 0 94478 55733.
E-Mail: [email protected]

MINERVA ACADEMY
Mohali:- 140301, Punjab.
Phone:- 0172-2277063,2278273,
Mobile :- 098150-12810
E-mail:- [email protected]

Baalnoi Academy
Director Maj H.S. Kalsi

I have attached the syllabus for AFCAT exam so please check it out .

For more details about AFCAT notification , You can visit to http://careerairforce.nic.in/
Attached Files
File Type: doc AFCAT Syllabus.doc(24.5 KB, 57 views)

4th August 2013, 04:26 PM
chikkykranthi619

I am a B.Tech student currently in 6th semester (Mechanical).Am I eligible for AFCAT 2 2013 if I will not be able to present my provisional degree by 15th june 2014.
Is there any extension date for this.?

ANS:Yes you are eligible for the exam but need to submit provisional/original degree at present but you can sub,it by 15/06/2014.If you are not able submit even by this date then you are not eligible.

But you are eligible for only
1)Ground Duty and
2)Flying Branches.

For the post 1)Candidate should have the Graduation /Post Graduation with 60% aggregate percentage and age from 20 years - 27 years.

For the post 2)Candidate should be B.E\B.Tech with with 60% aggregate percentage and age should be from 19 years to 23 years.

5th August 2013, 02:24 AM
shivam2k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcat1 View Post
Hello Sir,

Dear Friend,

I am sorry to say but you are not eligible for AFCAT this year.

You need to complete your B.Tech. to be eligible for this examination.

You need to get at least 60% marks and also satisfy the age criteria which is different for all three branches in which one can join through AFCAT.

Official Website: http://careerairforce.nic.in/

Good Luck.
Thank you.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?