20th September 2012, 09:14 PM
bhawanasikha

Can I apply for technical section in AFCAT?

Dear sir,i m a btech final year student from electronics and instrumentations branch..i m eligible in every where but do not fulfill the criteria of eyesight to be 6/6..i ma female student and want to know if i could apply to the technical section in afcat or cdse exams..i will behighly thankful if u answer my question..

28th September 2012, 09:10 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Can I apply for technical section in AFCAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawanasikha View Post
Dear sir,i m a btech final year student from electronics and instrumentation branch..i m eligible in every where but do not fulfill the criteria of eyesight to be 6/6..i ma female student and want to know if i could apply to the technical section in afcat or cdse exams..i will behighly thankful if u answer my question..
Yes you are eligible to apply for the Indian Air force in Technical branch through Air force common admission test as well as combined defence service examination. The AFACT examination is conducted by the Indian Air force twice in a year and the CDSE examination is conducted by the Union public service commission twice in a year. The eligibility for both of the entry schemes is given below;

AFCAT examination

Education Qualification
Candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Candidate applying for the Technical branch should have engineering degree.

Age Limit
FLYING BRANCH
19-23 YEARS

TECHNICAL BRANCH
18-27 YEARS

GROUND DUTY BRANCH
20-23 YEARS

CDSE examination

Education Qualification
Candidate applying for the CDSE examination should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.

Age Limit
Indian Military Academy 19-24 years
Air Force Academy 19-23 years
Naval Academy 19-22 years
Officers’ Training Academy 19-25 years
28th September 2012, 09:34 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for technical section in AFCAT?

Quote:
Dear sir,i m a btech final year student from electronics and instrumentations branch..i m eligible in every where but do not fulfill the criteria of eyesight to be 6/6..i ma female student and want to know if i could apply to the technical section in afcat or cdse exams..i will behighly thankful if u answer my question..

Yes, off Course you are eligible for AFCAT exam....

>> A candidate who have completed their Graduation Degree in Engineering with at least 55% from Recognized universities are eligible for AFCAT.....

>> final year student may also applicable....

>> Age Limit For Air Force Academy : 19-23 Years

For more information please visit at: careerairforce.nic.in

All the Best

With regards....
Dharm
28th September 2012, 09:45 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for technical section in AFCAT?

Hi dear..............
Eligibility for TECHNICAL BRANCHES –

(i) Educational Qualification -

(a) For Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics):

The candidate has 4 years degree qualification from a recognized Institution or passed Sections A and B exam of AMIE India or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership examination of the Institute of Elec. and Telecomm. Engineers by actual studies.

(b) For Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical):

The aspirants must have 4 years degree qualification from a recognized institution or passed Sections A and B examination of AMIE India or Aeronautical Society of India by actual studies.

(ii) Physical Standards -

Men & Women :

Height

157.5 Cms

152 Cms

Weight

correlated weight

correlated weight

Eligibility for GROUND DUTY BRANCHES –

(a) Age Limit :

Qualification:

20 to 23 Years For Post Graduates / LLB (5 years integrated course)

20 to 25 Years For LLB (3 years course after Graduation)

20 to 26years For M Ed / Ph D / CA / ICWA .

List of best books for AFCAT exam:

Good luck...............
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Employment_News_ Men-7888939271.pdf(136.3 KB, 91 views)
28th September 2012, 11:22 PM
padmasree253

Quote:
dear friend,

yes you can apply for the AFCET entrance exam while you are in the final year of the B.tech .

AFCET entrance exam for the AIrforce joining in the technical post and PILOT job post

AFCET entrance exam has been conducted by the AIRFORCE department in the feb month and augest

AFCET entrance exam eligibility:

>> you should be passed the bachelor degree with atleast 55% marks from any recognized university.
>> age must be below the 28 years.
>> Indian citizen.
>> Height for women: 152 cms
Height for men: 162 cms
Chest : 82 cms without expansion

AFCET entrance exam syllabus :
General knowledge
verbal ability
Numerical ability
military Aptitude

for whole notification about the AFCET entrance exam : http://careerairforce.nic.in/auth/candidate/default.asp

best of luck !
18th October 2012, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

hello sir... my self parveen bhardwaj, i complete my chemical engineering from IEI delhi.... with 60%.. can i join air force as a technical branch....??
also indian navey and indian army...???
24th October 2012, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

respected sir, i am bio medial engineer so that our base is electronics.can i write the afcat examination for technical entrtry as aeronautical engineer(electronics)?
24th October 2012, 05:46 PM
mahhiads

Hello Friend,

AFCAT Stand For AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION TEST Conducted By The Air Force 2 Times In The Year. Eligible Criteria For AFCAT :

Education Qualification : Graduate From Recognized University

Age Limit :

FLYING BRANCH : 19-23 YEARS

TECHNICAL BRANCH : 18-27 YEARS

GROUND DUTY BRANCH : 20-23 YEARS

Book For AFCAT :

AFCAT For Flying & Technical Branch Guide By R. Gupta

How To Prepare For AFCAT: Air Force Common Admission Test Complete Book By Chandresh Agrawal's
24th October 2012, 05:53 PM
vikalp12

Quote:
u cant apply for AFCAT because it is only for ECE, Mech. and Aeronautics branch, but u can apply for CDSE exam, in AFCAT u cant apply for TECHNICAL Cadre but for other post u can apply
16th April 2013, 12:03 AM
subhashrajpurohit

Friend,

Yes!! you are Eligible for AFCAT Technical Branch.

AFCAT Stands for Air Force Common admission Test.

AFCAT Exam have Three Branches:

Ground Duty
Technical Branch
Flying Branch

For Technical Branch: Candidates Must have Engineering Stream in Graduation Degree and you have Technical education in Graduation degree.

your age must between 18 years to 27 years. there is no age relaxation for any Category.

Syllabus::

General English
Numerical ability
General Knowledge
Current Affairs
Logical Thinking
Reasoning

good luck........
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AFCAT.pdf(138.8 KB, 82 views)
File Type: pdf AFCAT-english.pdf(45.3 KB, 86 views)
File Type: pdf AFCAT-GK.pdf(13.3 KB, 152 views)
File Type: pdf AFCAT-General Awarness_solved.pdf(17.3 KB, 144 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?