16th February 2021, 10:37 AM
Deepa sukumaran

Am I eligible to appear in the UGC NET being a distance postgraduate of Madurai Kamaraj University?

Hi everyone, I want to write the UGC NET. I have done my Post Graduation through distance education from Madurai Kamaraj University. So, am I eligible to appear in the NET?

17th February 2021, 11:14 PM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in the UGC NET being a distance postgraduate of Madurai Kamaraj University?

Yes, You are eligible to appear in the UGC NET being a distance postgraduate of Madurai Kamaraj University.

Distance course are acceptable everywhere.

Only condition is that you must have completed master degree with minimum aggregate 55% to appear in UGC NET exam.
18th February 2021, 03:41 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in the UGC NET being a distance postgraduate of Madurai Kamaraj University?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and to appear in the same examination the minimum education required is Master's degree in interested paper with 55% marks in aggregate (or 50% marks in aggregate for SC/ST and PH category candidates) from a recognized regular or open university

So, even having completed your Master's degree course in distance education mode from Madurai Kamaraj University, you are eligible for appearing in UGC NET provided you have secured the required aggregate in the qualifying degree.

For more details regarding UGC NET eligibility, you can refer to the link www.ntanet.nic.in .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?