29th February 2016, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET being a distance MCA postgraduate with non-UGC university?

Sir,
I have completed my MCA from Shobhit University, Meerut from Distance Mode. When I have taken admission, it was approved by both UGC and DEC. After a year, UGC has withdrawn its approval and no further admissions are being made. However, students in the pipeline have been allowed to continue. I want to know whether I am eligible to appear for UGC-NET? Please help.
Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to appear in UGC-NET for distance MBA(HR/IT) postgraduate? Age limit to apply?
  2. Eligibility to apply in UGC-NET for a postgraduate with 45% marks?
  3. Eligibility to apply in UGC-NET for MBA postgraduate of Madras Distance University?
  4. Eligibility to apply in UGC-NET for M.A.(Urdu) postgraduate?
  5. Is it compulsory to do MCA through regular mode to appear in UGC NET?
  6. Can I appear in UGC NET having 54.47% in MCA from Sikkim Manipal University?
  7. Will I be eligible to apply for NET exam if I have completed MCA from a college where the UGC approval was withdrawn? -- [New]
  8. Whether MCA graduate is applicable for UGC-NET?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for UGC NET Exam after scoring MA in Economics with 55% in Distance Learning? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Detailed information and syllabus of UGC-NET for M.Sc(IT) postgraduate?
  11. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of MCA from distance learning course?
  12. Am I eligible for UGC NET exam after completing MCA from Bharathiyar University
  13. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MCA in distance mode?
  14. Am I eligible for UGC NET if I am 31 years old?
  15. Eligibility to appear in UGC-NET for correspondence M.A.(Political Science) postgraduate? Job opportunities for NET qualified candidate in Delhi?
  16. Detailed information about UGC-NET(Commerce) for M.Com postgraduate?
  17. Am I eligible for UGC NET after doing B.Sc Biology and M.Sc(IT) correspondence? Can I opt for UGC NET exam in IT field?
  18. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET if completed M.Sc(Physics) from Distance Education?
29th February 2016, 11:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET being a distance MCA postgraduate with non-UGC university?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have completed my MCA from Shobhit University, Meerut from Distance Mode. When I have taken admission, it was approved by both UGC and DEC. After a year, UGC has withdrawn its approval and no further admissions are being made. However, students in the pipeline have been allowed to continue. I want to know whether I am eligible to appear for UGC-NET? Please help.
Thank you!
No, you are not eligible for UGC NET exam because your university is not approved by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam. There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
29th February 2016, 11:57 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET being a distance MCA postgraduate with non-UGC university?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
Thank you!

If you are MCA university is approved by the UGC then definitely you are eligible to apply for the UGC NET entrance exam. There is no problem whether your completed Master Degree through distance or correspondence. However, it is mandatory that the concerned university must be approved by the UGC.

Eligibility Criteria:

- The candidate must complete three years Bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university and final year candidate are also eligible to apply.
- The required marks criteria for NET exam is 55% at Masters degree level and 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST candidate.

Age criteria for NET Exam:-

- For Junior Research Fellowship : The age not more than 28 years and upper age relaxation will be given to the reserved category candidates.
- For Lectureship : There is no upper age limit .

Official website - http://www.ugc.ac.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?