12th June 2017, 12:25 PM
Poojafarahathaba

Am I eligible to apply for CA or not if completed PUC from open university?

Am I eligible to apply for CA or not if completed PUC from open university? Can you please give me the right details on the same? What is the minimum criteria required for the same? It will be helpful if you can guide me with the details on this. Thank you!

12th June 2017, 08:24 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CA or not if completed PUC from open university?

CA refers to Chartered Accountancy and same is a professional degree course with very bright career scope.

The overall CA course consists of three stages which includes (i) Common Proficiency Test ( CPT ) followed by ( ii) Integrated Professional Competence Course and (iii) the final stage.

The minimum educational qualification required for appearing in CPT is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education. Further students opting for CA course after completion of their graduation has the luxury to exempt CPT and directly pursue IPCC.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for pursuing CA course having not completed your PUC from open university then I would like to let you know that you are eligible only if your degree is accepted by ICAI ( The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India ) and as you have not mentioned your open university name so it is difficult to say whether ICAI accepts the degree provided by your concerned open university.

For more details about CA course you can refer to the link www.icai.org.
12th June 2017, 09:44 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CA or not if completed PUC from open university?

Those who have done PUC from open university can apply for Chartered Accountancy course.

There are three stages of this course given as below:

1. Common Proficiency Test.

2. IPCC course.

3. Final course.

Higher secondary passed or appearing candidates can apply for CPT examination. CPT is conducted by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Those who clear CPT get enrolled in this course.

Official website is http://www.icai.org.
13th June 2017, 03:18 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

PUC means Pre University Course. Yes, candidates who do PUC from open university can pursue Chartered Accountancy course. The minimum educational qualification required to get admission in CA course is 12th from a recognized board.

Senior secondary board examination candidates can apply for Common Proficiency test which is first stage of this course. CPT is objective entrance examination conducted in June and December by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. You can apply for this test and clear it to get enrolled in the course.
16th November 2019, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

Whether am eligible for applying CA course. I have not completed 12th ( Higher secondary) but completed MBA from Annamalai University.
10th December 2021, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation on open university.can I join ipcc to complete my ca ?
26th August 2022, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

I AM GRADUATE FROM OPEN UNIVERSITY AND NOW I WANT TO JOIN CA. CAN I DO?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?