11th January 2016, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IPS exams after graduation if I have completed from Open University?

I want to be an ips officer and now i am in graduation first year from open board can i apply for IPS exams after graduation.? Am I eligible to apply for the exam or not? Can someone please provide me the answer soon as possible? Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear for IPS Exam after completion of Graduation from KSOU?
  2. Am I eligible for IPS exam after completing my graduation in BCA? I am a student of National Institute of Open Schooling
  3. Am I eligible to central and state government services exams after completion of B.Sc Graduation course?
  4. Am I eligible for Group II exam if I completed 10th, discontinued my 12th and completed UG(BBA) from Tamilnadu open University?
  5. Can I be eligible for IPS after completing graduation in 1 sitting?
  6. What is the eligibility for IAS/IPS?
  7. Am I eligible for IPS exam after passing my graduation from EILM university
  8. Required Percentage of Marks in Graduation to apply for IAS and IPS? Which Books to prepare for these Entrance Exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Am I eligible to apply for government job if I have the B.A graduation certificate?
  10. Am I eligible to do Graduation from distance mode if I have completed 8th from Rajasthan board?
  11. Can I apply for IPS after completing graduation from EIILM university
  12. Am I eligible for bank after passing 12th with 68%?
  13. Eligibility criteria to apply for IAS and IPS? Study Materials to prepare for these Exams?
  14. Is B.Tech(CSE) from Karnataka state open university, recognized for IAS/IPS exams?
  15. How can I take admission in B.Ed after completing graduation from university of Delhi?
  16. Am I eligible to do graduation in Ambedka Open university after attending the eligible test long back?
  17. Am I eligible to join Indian Police Service after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  18. Is it possible to do post graduation in M.A with distance learning after B.A with 48% 10 years back?
11th January 2016, 11:45 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IPS exams after graduation if I have completed from Open University?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination for selection as I.P.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear for Civil Services examination is :-

Candidates must have passed graduation from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category in upper age limit.

So, you will be eligible to appear for examination after completing your graduation but you have to qualify in three stages of examination for final selection as I.P.S Officer.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th January 2016, 12:50 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IPS exams after graduation if I have completed from Open University?

Yes you can surely become an IPS officer and can surely opt for IPS entrance examination after having completed your education from Open University as the minimum eligibility to be able to appear for the Civil Service Examination is that the candidate should have completed his/her graduation in any Discipline from a recognized University.

Therefore, you can opt for civil service examination after the completion of your after your graduation in order to become an IPS officer.
12th January 2016, 07:13 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, open university graduates are eligible for Civil Services examination but your university must be approved by University Grants Commission for open studies.

For Civil Services examination, eligibility criteria is:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of graduation can also apply for exam. You just need to have passing percentage of marks.

>>The age limit is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

For any more details, you can visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th January 2016, 07:18 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. It is not IPS exam but Civil Services examination. Candidates who have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Civil Services examination.

Open University Candidates are also eligible for exam. You are in first year of bachelor's degree, so at present you are not eligible for exam but you can apply for Civil Services examination in final year of bachelor's degree.

Your age must be at least 21 years on 1st August of year of examination. There are six attempts for general category, nine for OBC candidates and no limit till upper age for SC/ST candidates.
12th January 2016, 09:29 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to be an ips officer and now i am in graduation first year from open board can i apply for IPS exams after graduation.? Am I eligible to apply for the exam or not? Can someone please provide me the answer soon as possible? Thanks!
Yes, you are eligible for IPS exam if your degree is recognized by UGC.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 7 attempts
For OBC category:- 9 attempts
For SC/ST category:- No limit
12th January 2016, 09:40 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

> Yes, of course you are eligible for IPS exam after completing Graduation. No matter whether Graduation from regular or open university, if the university is approved by UGC, then definitely you are eligible for IPS exam.

To become in Indian Police Service you need to qualify Civil Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The commission conducts the examination once a year and Those who are willing to appear for the examination needs to apply online through www.upsconline.nic.in.

Eligibility Criteria:

The applicant must complete Graduation or its equivalent qualification in any discipline from a recognized university and final year students are eligible to apply.

The applicant's age limit should be in between 21 years to 32 years. The maximum age limit is relaxed for candidates belonging to reserved category. For OBC category.

- Three years for OBC category candidates and,
- Two years for SC/ST candidates.

For further information, you may refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission -> www.upsconline.nic.in..
12th January 2016, 01:45 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to apply for IPS (Indian Police Service) Examination even when you have completed Graduation from Open University. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appear in IPS Recruitment Examination "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognize university. Do not worry, you are eligible to appear in IPS Recruitment Examination. In notification, it is mentioned that "Graduate Degree" from a recognized university. If your open university is recognized, then I am sure you are certainly eligible to appear in IPS Recruitment with the above mentioned educational qualification.
12th January 2016, 03:59 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible for IPS exam if you have got degree from a recognized open university. There is no problem for distance education graduates according to the eligibility criteria.

Just make sure that the university is recognized and also your age should be between 21 to 32 years if you are applying for IPS exam.
12th January 2016, 07:31 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts civil services exam every year for the recruitment of IAS, IPS officer etc. You are in the first year of the graduation degree from NOIS board and want to become an IPS officer.

Yes, definitely you are eligible for the IPS exam. Following are the details for this exam:

Eligibility: The student must possess a graduation degree from a recognized university. It does not matter student possess graduation degree from distance mode or from regular mode.

Age Limit: 21 to 32 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit will be provided for reserved category students.

Selection Procedure: The selection procedure consists of Preliminary exam, Mains exam followed by interview.

**In my opinion, you have to start your preparation as you have two year time till the passing of graduation.
12th January 2016, 10:26 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

The candidates who have obtained graduation degree from a recognized university is eligible to appear for IPS examination.

As you are pursuing graduation from open university, make sure that it is valid and recognized board of education.

If you are pursuing from a valid and recognized board of university, then you are eligible to appear for IAS examination.
12th January 2016, 11:21 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts Civil Services examination for recruitment of candidates as IAS, IPS, IFS etc..

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university whether open or regular courses. So, you are eligible to appear for examination. Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you will be eligible to appear in examination after completing your graduation degree. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th January 2016, 11:43 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Yes, you are eligible for IPS examination after graduation from an open university. The UPSC is conducting examination every year for the IPS. The eligibility is a graduation degree from a recognized university. The upper age limit is 32 years for general candidate, for OBC 35 years and for SC/ST 37 years. There are 3 rounds; they are Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam and Interview for the selection. You have to clear the preliminary exam first to appear for mains exam. The UPSC website link is http://www.upsc.gov.in/
13th January 2016, 01:00 AM
ranu shahi

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission.
UPSC conducts recruitment of IPS every year.
After graduation you are eligible to write UPSC examination even after from open university.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate must be a holder ofgraduation degree from a recognized university.

Candidate age must be 21 years to 32 years.

Selection procedure:-

Preliminary
Mains
Interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?