23rd June 2016, 05:15 AM
Unregistered

Whether Open University graduates are eligible for SBI jobs?

Hello,
I have done my Graduation from an Open University. Now I want to apply for SBI exams. Kindly let me know whether Open University candidates are eligible for SBI jobs or not?

23rd June 2016, 05:26 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Open University graduates are eligible for SBI jobs?

Yes, candidates passed degree from open university are eligible to appear for entrance examination for recruitment in SBI.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination conducted by SBI the required eligibility is that the candidates must have passsed degree from any recognised university in any discipline with minimum passing percentage are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you can for entrance examination but have to qualify in all the stages of examination for final recruitment. For more information about examination visit at www.sbi.co.in.
23rd June 2016, 06:29 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Open University graduates are eligible for SBI jobs on the condition their university should be recognized by the government.

The candidate who have completed their graduation through correspondence/ part-time / distance education/ open university are eligible for SBI jobs if the university has recognizition from Govt.
23rd June 2016, 10:54 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You have completed your graduation degree from Open University and wan to know whether you are eligible for SBI jobs or not. Yes, definitely you are eligible for SBI jobs. Following are the eligibility criteria for SBI jobs.

Educational qualification: Student must possess graduation degree from a recognized university. It does not matter whether you have done graduation from distance mode or regular mode.

Age Limit:

>>For SBI Clerk--- 20 to 28 years
>>For SBI PO---- 21 to 30 years

Selection procedure: The selection procedure consists of Preliminary exam, Mains exam followed by interview.

**But I am sorry to say that the notification for both SBI PO and clerk has been released and the online application for both posts had closed. But you can start your preparation and try for these exams in next year.
24th June 2016, 12:50 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have done my Graduation from an Open University. Now I want to apply for SBI exams. Kindly let me know whether Open University candidates are eligible for SBI jobs or not?
If the university is recognized by the UGC then definitely you are eligible for SBI Bank for sure. The candidate need to complete Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university to be eligible for SBI Clerk or PO exam. Apart from the educational qualification you are age should be in between 20 years to 30 years and upper age relaxation will be given for the candidate who belonging to the reserved category.
24th June 2016, 08:13 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello,
You have completed graduation degree from an open University. So you are eligible for SBI entrance exam but your degree must be recognized.

Those who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for SBI Clerk and PO exam.

Age criteria:-

18 to 28 years(SBI clerk)

21 to 30 years(SBI PO)

Age relaxation -

SC/ST – 5 Years
OBC-3 Years
People with disability (PWD) –Gen- 10 years
PWD-SC/ST -15 years
PWD-OBC-13 Years
24th June 2016, 09:05 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

If the university in which you have done your Graduation must be recognized by Central/ State government even though it is of distance mode. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in SBI based recruitment jobs is as follows.

Educational Qualification:

>> Graduation or Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> Remember, Graduation must be done from central/ state government recognized universities

>> Candidates who are pursuing final year are also eligible to appear in SBI based recruitment's.
24th June 2016, 09:06 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

If the university in which you have done your Graduation must be recognized by Central/ State government even though it is of distance mode. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in SBI based recruitment jobs is as follows.

Educational Qualification:

>> Graduation or Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> Remember, Graduation must be done from central/ state government recognized universities

>> Candidates who are pursuing final year are also eligible to appear in SBI based recruitment's.
24th June 2016, 12:18 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Yes, you can apply for the SBI examinations. You can apply for the post of Probationary officers. Below I have attached the SBI PO notification for 2016 but unfortunately you have missed it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SBI PO 2016.pdf(235.9 KB, 41 views)
24th June 2016, 01:57 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello,
Yes, the open university graduates are eligible for SBI jobs like Clerks, Probationary Officer. If your university is recognized by state/central government then you are eligible for the SBI jobs. The eligibility for the above posts is Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a university recognized by state/central government. The age limit for the Clerk and PO posts are different. You have to appear for the written test to qualify for the interview. The aspirant can find the details in the SBI website Official Website.
24th June 2016, 03:51 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Open university candidates are eligible for State bank of India entrance examination for Clerk and Probationary officer. But your university must be approved by University Grants Commission.

*Candidates should have at least passing percentage of marks in bachelor's degree to apply for this exam. There should not be any existing pending backlogs.

*The age limit for SBI Clerk is 20-28 years. Upper age relaxation is given to OBC and SC/ST candidates.

There are three stages of exam, first is preliminary then main and final stage is interview. You need to clear all these stages to become clear in SBI.
24th June 2016, 06:42 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible tp appear for SBI examination after having completed your graduation from Open University, there is no such problem in it. The minimum eligibility requirement to appear for SBI examination is that a candidate should have completed their graduation from a recognized university and as Open university is also a recognized board, you are very much eligible to appear for the above mentioned examination.
1st October 2016, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

I have done BBA from distence education let me know that i am eligible for sbi po jobs
9th September 2020, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

How can we contact to sbi for sbi po exam related queries, is their any official contact no.
6th January 2022, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

Is ycmou graduate degree eligible for all bank exams?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?