1st October 2012, 12:52 PM
sneha pan

Am I eligible to apply for CS course having scored 45% of marks in B.Com Honors?

can i be eligible to appy for company secretaryship if i score 45% in b.com hons?

1st October 2012, 02:24 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CS course having scored 45% of marks in B.Com Honors?

Yes, Even after scoring less in your B.com (hon) your are eligible for Company Secretary Course.

There in no minimum marks requirement in company secretary course , student need to be pass in all Graduation level subjects for getting enroll in CS course.

Company Secretary course is consider as very good course , you can expect good job in corporate and public sector after completing the course.

There are 3 level in Company Secretary Course

Foundation Level

Students can apply for the foundation course after completing their 12th standard.

Subjects need to be cleared - 4

Executive Course

You or Student can apply for the Executive level course Directly after completing graduation.

Subjects need to be cleared - 6

Final Course

You can apply for this course after qualifying the Executive course

Subjects need to be cleared - 8

There is also Practical Training Period which student need to complete in order to become qualified Company Secretary.

The Institute of Company Secretaries of India have centers all over India you may get the nearest center list and visit there for admission in Company Secretaries course.

You can register online also through it's official website.

For more info about the CS

www.icsi.edu
1st October 2012, 05:28 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CS course having scored 45% of marks in B.Com Honors?

Yes you can apply for the Company Secretary after completing graduation course. Any candidate who has completed 12th can take up the Company Secretary course. The guys who have completed graduation can directly take admission for Intermediate course however only if they have scored 50 percent marks in graduation. Since you have not done that you will have to start from Foundation course.

Company Secretary is mandatory to be hired by ayny company whether private or public sector that has paid a share capital of Rs 5 crores. This is made mandatory by the Section 383A of the Companies Act , 1956.

The role of Company Secretary is managerial type to put it simply. Company Secretary has the role to ensure that company is following all the rules and reguations set by the central government. He/She also ensures that boad of directors are following the laws of India.

Apart from that Company Secretary implements several decisions of the board. CS also plays the role of mediator between the company and enforcement agency or the government. Ant such dispute has to be handled by the Company Secretary.

As I have already mentioned earlier that you are eligible for Company Secretary course which is offered by the ICSI which means Institute of Company Secretaries Of India. There are three stages of the Company Secretary course.

Foundation Course

>> English and Business Communication

>> Elements of Business Laws and Management

>> Economics and Statistics

>> Financial Accounting

Intermediate Course

>> General and Commercial Laws

>> Company Accounts

>> Cost and Management Accounting

>> Tax Laws

>> Company Law

>> Economic and Labour Laws

>> Securities Laws and Compliances

Final Course

>> Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency

>> Company Secretarial Practice

>> Drafting ,Appearances ,Pleading

>> Strategic Management , Alliances and International Trade

>> Advanced Tax Laws and Practice

>> Due Diligence and Corporate Compliance Management

>> Governance , Business Ethics and Sustainability

>> Financial , Treasury , Forex Management
3rd November 2012, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for CS course having scored 40% of marks in B.Com Honors?

can i be eligible to appy for company secretaryship if i score 40% in b.com hons?
28th November 2012, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

i got 48% in b.com and 12th commerce also... is i am eligible for cs course
20th May 2013, 04:11 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

CS course structure:-

SO,You are eligible for second level in CS course.
21st October 2013, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

After 10th i studied polytechnic 3yrs diploma course in DCCP- Diploma in Computer and Commercial Pratice and got 68% marks, after that i did 1yr Apprenticeship Training in NRSC- National Remote Sensing Center, hyderabad. I done my Bcom commerce through distance A.U and secured 45% marks.. Now i want to study cs. What i have to apply foundation or direct executive level? Pls i need a clear answer
14th October 2014, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

I'm B.com student from mysore scored aggregate of 50 percentage in B.com, am I eligible to join company secretary course. pleazzzzz.... give me exact answer pleazzzz....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?