3rd February 2012, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NDA exam at an age of 15?

sir i was born on 12 march 1996 so please can you tell me that do I am eligible for applying for nda examination?

3rd February 2012, 02:38 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NDA exam at an age of 15?

No. You are not eligible to take up NDA Exam with an age of 15 years because this is not the required age criteria to be eligible for NDA Exam.

In order to be eligible for NDA Exam, it is must that a candidate should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years.

In addition, one should be an unmarried male candidate to take up this exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. NDA Exam is going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year.

One has the opportunity to join in the following Defence services by cracking this exam and good performance in the Interview.

-Army wing
-Navy wing
-Air Force wing.

Let me provide you the required academic qualification that you need to have to join above defence services.

In order to join Army wing, you should have completed 12th class with any of the stream from a recognized institute.
In order to join Navy or Air Force wings, you should have completed 12th class with Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of 12th class are also eligible to take up this exam.

You did not mention your highest academic qualification. If you possess the above mentioned academic qualification, you can apepar for NDA Exam once you attain an age of 16 1/2 years.

For updated information on this exam, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/

3rd February 2012, 02:46 AM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i was born on 12 march 1996 so please can you tell me that do I am eligible for applying for nda examination?
HI,
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for N.D.A exam at 15 year of age..

Eligibility criteria for N.D.A exam:-
> Pass 12th with any stream from recognized board.
> Age limit should be above 16.5year and below 19 year.
> Must be citizen of India
> Medically fit (no major surgery)

good luck!

3rd February 2012, 05:55 AM
pandeyshekhar89

Dear friend,

You are eligible in the NDA-I Exam 2012 which application is closed and exam will be conduct on 15.04.2012 because for the NDA-I Exam they have the following age limit criteria:

1. Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status: Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1994 and not later than 1st July, 1996 are eligible

In this above maximum age limit is 1st July, 1996 and your birth date is 12 March 1996 which comes in between this age limit, So, you are eligible for the NDA-I Exam.

But in the NDA-II exam 2012, we can't say that because UPSC change the age limit in every second chance test.But in my suggestions prepare the exam because you will be also eligible in the NDA-II exam 2012, that may be your last chance. So, prepare the exam. Further details of the NDA exams are given below:

Educational Qualifications :

a) For Army wing of NDA: Any students which are pass class 12th or 10+2 Pattern of any state board or a university are eligible to apply.
b) For Air Force and Naval Wings: Those candidates which are studies Mathematics and Physics at he class 12th are eligible to apply.

Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.

Date Notification:

The Exam details are given below:

Exam Name Date for Notification Last Date Exam Date

NDA & NA Exam-I 31.12.2011 30.01.2012 15.04.2012

NDA & NA Exam-II 05.05.2012 04.06.2012 19.08.2012

Further details you can get from the pdf file of NDA-NA Exam-I 2012 which you can get from the UPSC website http://www.upsc.gov.inand click on the NDA-NA-I Exam 2012 on the right panel or you can also get the complete information about it from this link http://upsconline.nic.in/NDAI-2012-E.pdffor complete information

All the best

3rd February 2012, 07:21 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sorry to say that you are not applicable for NDA exam because your age is now 15 year.The minimum age criteria for NDA exam is 16.5 years.

The details of this exam is given below.

Educational Qualification-

You must have completed 12th standard with physics, maths, chemistry.
You must have secure 60% marks in 12th.

Age criteria-

The age should be in between 16.5-19years.
There is no age relaxation for SC/ST , OBC criteria.

NOTE:-

>>Only unmarried male candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

>>You must have the citizenship of India.

PATTERN OF NDA EXAM:-

EXAM DATE FOR NDA I EXAM:-

Date of commencement of notification : 31-12-2011
Last date to receive completed application forms : 30-01-2012
Date of NDA I Exam : 15-04-2012

EXAM DATE FOR NDA II EXAM:-

Date of commencement of notification : 05-05-2012
Last date for the receipt of completed application forms : 04-06-2012
Date of NDA II Exam : 19-08-2012

I have attached the NDA notification and NDA question paper .So please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NDA NOTIFICATION 2012.pdf(97.3 KB, 73 views)
File Type: txt Physical Requirements for NDA.txt(3.2 KB, 57 views)
File Type: doc Genral-ability.doc(61.4 KB, 106 views)
File Type: pdf NAVY-SOLVED-QUESTION-PAPER.pdf(95.5 KB, 67 views)
File Type: pdf NDA-Solved-Previous-Year-Question-Paper-2008.pdf(61.3 KB, 87 views)

3rd February 2012, 07:54 AM
pradeep0438

Red face Re: Am I eligible to apply for NDA exam at an age of 15?

Hi,
you cannot give nda exam at this age.

at this age you might not have cleared class 12th.

you have to be in class 12th or passed from class 12th.

you have to be at least 16 1/2 years of age to give nda exam.

At max you can be 19 years of age.

after all of these conditions you must have taken maths as your compulsory subject.

you can be from either..
science stream
commerce stream

prepare well for future.

Best of luck...

3rd February 2012, 08:04 AM
Ashwinkumar Hallikar

No you are not eligible for this it has got age limits that you not posses you should wait for one and half year friend you should complete the the age 16 and half and maximum is 19

3rd February 2012, 08:15 AM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:

hi!!

you have not provided me with your Educational Qualification.But stil since you are not above the minimum age required to apply for NDA exam,hence you cannot apply for the same.

NDA exam is conducted twice every year as NDA-1 and NDA-2.this exam is held to get selected in the three wings of INDIAN DEFENCE namely
  • Army wing
  • naval academy
  • Airforce academy

now, a candidate should fufill the below mentioned criteria to be eligible to write NDA exam

ELIGIBILITY-NDA

• The candidate should have passed the XII exams from a recognised university
  • the candidate should have age b/w 16.5 to 19 years
  • the candidates having Physics,chemistry and maths as their subject in XII class can apply for all the three wings of indian defence forces as named above
  • the candidates who do not have physics,maths as thgeir subject in XII class cannot apply for the wings like NAVY and AIRFORCE and hence can apply for only Army wing
  • the candidate should be physically fit
  • unmarried male candidates can apply only
  • indian citizenship is necessary
  • for those who have migrated in india do see below
for more details about EligibilityCLICK HERE

hence you cannot apply this year.you cannot even apply this year for NDA-2 .

hence apply next year...

hope this helped you.......

with regards
roknits

3rd February 2012, 08:18 AM
adlsm

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. NDA Exam is going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year.

you can apepar for NDA Exam once you attain an age of 16 1/2 years.

sorry u cant apply for it now

you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/

3rd February 2012, 09:13 AM
anlakshmi

No, you are not eligible to apply for NDA Exam because of age criteria.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.NDA Examination are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice in a year.

NDA Examination is conducted in 3 wings:

• Indian Air Force
• Indian Navy
• Indian Army

The Eligibility Criteria:

** The candidate must have to pass 12th class from a recognized university.

** And the final year of 12th class students also to apply for this NDA Examination.

** The age limit in between 16.5 to 19 years.

** The candidate must be male person & unmarried and medically fit.

** The candidate must be citizen of India.

For more information please visit official website: www.upsc.in.

3rd February 2012, 10:33 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

At the age of 15 years you are now not eligible to apply for NDA.

NDA-NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male within the age of 16.5 to 19 years of age having either appeared for the final 12th exam or passed from a recognised Central/State Board with good physical fitness, is eligible to apply for NDA.

So wait till you became 16.5 years with required academic qualification in order to apply for NDA.

For further information you may log on to official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in

3rd February 2012, 11:47 AM
luck2912

Quote:
hii friend...you are not eligible to write nda exam at the age of 15....

the eligibility criteria is 16-19 years....and you should be unmarried...

3rd February 2012, 12:53 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.........
NDA exam is held twice in year NDA-I & NDA -II.
This exam is conducted through UPSC.
The details of this exam are as follows......

Good luck.......

3rd February 2012, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

I wanna ask that do Indian Institute of Management (IIM) give admission to anyone holding BBA degree in correspondence???
Will it affect even if he/she has scored 99 percentile in CAT exam???

3rd February 2012, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

I wanna ask that do IIM give admission to anyone holdig BBA degree in correspondence??
will it matter or affect if he/she has scored 99 percentile in CAT exam??

22nd February 2012, 03:45 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

A minimum of 16.5 years is required to apply for NDA.
The eligibility criteria for NDA is given below :
1. The candidate must be an Indian.
2. The candidate must have passed the 12th class examination or any equivalent examination with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate with physics, chemistry and mathematics.
3. The age limit is 16.5 to 19.5 years.
Hope for your good future scope.
For more queries, you can ask your questions along with the doubts to be cleared in this education forum and discussion website.

28th February 2012, 09:09 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

Hi,
you cannot give nda exam at this age.

at this age you might not have cleared class 12th.

you have to be in class 12th or passed from class 12th.

you have to be at least 16 1/2 years of age to give nda exam.

At max you can be 19 years of age.

after all of these conditions you must have taken maths as your compulsory subject.

you can be from either..
science stream
commerce stream

prepare well for future.

Best of luck...

26th March 2012, 06:09 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

"definitely not my friend, , you are noty totally eligible on the basis on the age criteria required for appearing in the NDA [NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY], examination, conducted by the UPSC [UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION].
The age limit required for apply in [/COLOR][/B][/B]this examination is 16.5-19 years..
Remark the fact that, there is not any kind of age limit reservation applicable for the SC\ST candidates .
Through this examination, one can apply in all the combatant branches of the Indian army.

.ie in AIR FORCE ,
NAVAL BRANCH
MILITARY BRANCH..
For appear in this examination, you must have a 12th degree from a recognized board.
for apply in naval & air force branch, you must have subjects Physics & Maths with at least 60% in12th .

You must have Indian nationality with marital status unmarried.
Examination pattern-=

Physical requirements-=

Thank you!!!
@~gamble~@

26th March 2012, 07:41 PM
karthikvkk

Quote:
National Defense Academy (NDA) allows only male candidates to apply for the NDA entrance exam. Candidates who desire to join the Army wing of the NDA must have a pass in class 12 or its equal from any subject stream. The certification must be from a recognized board or university. Those who aspire to join the Naval Wing and the Air Force must have a pass in class 12 in science.

Candidates who are going to appear for the class 12 or its equal exam are also suitable to submit an application for this exam. As to get admitted into the Naval Academy and National Defense Academy, the candidates also need to pass in the physical fitness test, as part of the selection process.

Qualifying Examinations for NDA Entrance Exam

The selection of the candidates into the Air Force, Naval and Army wings of the NFA will be done through the NDA Examination. This exam will be carried out by the Union Public Service Commission. The exam will be held on 30th of December 2011.

Age Qualification for NDA Entrance Exam

Candidates who are appearing for the NDA exam must be unmarried males. They must be atleast 16 1/2 years and not more than 19 years on January 1st or July 1st of the year subsequent to the year of the exam.

Who can apply for NDA Entrance Exam?

Candidates who are permanent citizens of India can apply for the NDA exam. Candidates whose family was a part of Bhutan, Nepal or a Tibetan refugee who had migrated to India prior to January 1st 1962 with the objective of residing permanently in India are also eligible to apply for the NDA exam.

Those candidates who have their origin from India but have migrated from neighboring countries of India as well as from East African nations that include United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda and Kenya and have the intention of settling permanently in India are eligible to apply too. These candidates are required to have a certification of eligibility from the Indian Government. However, candidates who are from the Gorkha category of Nepal need not submit any certificates of eligibility.

Eligibility for the Foreign Nationals/NRI/PIO for NDA Entrance Exam

Individuals who are citizens of foreign countries will not be considered eligible for writing the NDA entrance exam. However, NRI’s will be allowed to appear for the exam, if they have a valid Indian passport which proves their citizenship.

Scholarship program for NDA Entrance Exam

Several scholarships are made available for candidates by the Government of India to provide financial support to them. The Scholarships and Financial Assistance that are given as part of NDA program include :

Parashuram Bhau Patwardhan Scholarship – The parents of the candidates who are applying for this scholarship must have a monthly income of Rs. 350/- and 500/-. In addition to this the candidates who have the domicile of Karnataka and Maharashtra are only entitled for this scholarship. The scholarship value is corresponding to the financial assistance that is provided by the government.
Colonel Kendal Frank Memorial Scholarship – A Maratha candidate who is the son of an ex service man is eligible to apply for this scholarship. He will be granted a scholarship of Rs. 360/- per annum. This scholarship will be in addition to any other financial aid from the Indian government.
Kaur Singh Memorial Scholarship – This scholarship will be given to two top candidates from Bihar. These candidates must have scored the highest when compared to the other candidates. They will each receive a scholarship of Rs. 37/- per month.

26th March 2012, 07:43 PM
bablucena9

Quote:
No dear you can not fill application form of nda at the age of 15.
The minimum age for this exam is 18.

26th March 2012, 08:33 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for N.D.A at the age of 15 year.

N.D.A exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year in month of April and August.

Eligibility criteria:-
> Pass 12th with recognized university
> Age limit:-16.5-19 year.
> Must be citizen of India
> Medically fit

There are three steep of selection:-
> Written Exam
> Interview
> Medical exam

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!

1st April 2012, 01:25 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

National Defense Academy (NDA) allows only male candidates to apply for the NDA entrance exam. Candidates who desire to join the Army wing of the NDA must have a pass in class 12 or its equal from any subject stream. The certification must be from a recognized board or university. Those who aspire to join the Naval Wing and the Air Force must have a pass in class 12 in science.

Candidates who are going to appear for the class 12 or its equal exam are also suitable to submit an application for this exam. As to get admitted into the Naval Academy and National Defense Academy, the candidates also need to pass in the physical fitness test, as part of the selection process.

The selection of the candidates into the Air Force, Naval and Army wings of the NFA will be done through the NDA Examination. This exam will be carried out by the Union Public Service Commission. The exam will be held on 30th of December 2011.

Candidates who are appearing for the NDA exam must be unmarried males. They must be atleast 16 1/2 years and not more than 19 years on January 1st or July 1st of the year subsequent to the year of the exam.

Candidates who are permanent citizens of India can apply for the NDA exam. Candidates whose family was a part of Bhutan, Nepal or a Tibetan refugee who had migrated to India prior to January 1st 1962 with the objective of residing permanently in India are also eligible to apply for the NDA exam.

Those candidates who have their origin from India but have migrated from neighboring countries of India as well as from East African nations that include United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda and Kenya and have the intention of settling permanently in India are eligible to apply too. These candidates are required to have a certification of eligibility from the Indian Government. However, candidates who are from the Gorkha category of Nepal need not submit any certificates of eligibility.

Individuals who are citizens of foreign countries will not be considered eligible for writing the NDA entrance exam. However, NRI’s will be allowed to appear for the exam, if they have a valid Indian passport which proves their citizenship.

Several scholarships are made available for candidates by the Government of India to provide financial support to them. The Scholarships and Financial Assistance that are given as part of NDA program include :

Parashuram Bhau Patwardhan Scholarship – The parents of the candidates who are applying for this scholarship must have a monthly income of Rs. 350/- and 500/-. In addition to this the candidates who have the domicile of Karnataka and Maharashtra are only entitled for this scholarship. The scholarship value is corresponding to the financial assistance that is provided by the government.
Colonel Kendal Frank Memorial Scholarship – A Maratha candidate who is the son of an ex service man is eligible to apply for this scholarship. He will be granted a scholarship of Rs. 360/- per annum. This scholarship will be in addition to any other financial aid from the Indian government.
Kaur Singh Memorial Scholarship – This scholarship will be given to two top candidates from Bihar. These candidates must have scored the highest when compared to the other candidates. They will each receive a scholarship of Rs. 37/- per month.

For more details, visit http://www.nda.nic.in

1st April 2012, 01:26 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Nice to see that you are interested to apply for NDA.

For more details, visit http://www.nda.nic.in

Hope for your good future scope.....

1st April 2012, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
and what is the perfect age of joining the nda.......................

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?