17th March 2017, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NIT and IIT if I get 100 marks in JEE Mains but have only 59 percentage marks in 12th?

Suppose if I get up to 100 mark in JEE main. I got 59% in 12 class and I belong to SC category. So I am eligible for NIT and IIT? Can you please give me the minimum criteria required to apply for the JEE main? It will be really helpful if you can provide me the details? Thanks!

21st March 2017, 09:30 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NIT and IIT if I get 100 marks in JEE Mains but have only 59 percentage marks in 12th?

IIT refers to Indian Institute of Technology where as NIT stands for National Institute of Technology and both these institutes are CFTIs ( Centrally Funded Institutes of Technology ) which are well known for providing quality education in technical courses.

Further for admission in IIT, NIT and other CFTIs you have to qualify JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) held by CBSE and for appearing in JEE, you must have the completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 65% aggregate from a recognized board of education as you belong to SC category. In case of general category one must have at least 75% aggregate in his/her Class 12th board examination.

Further students failing to secure above mentioned percentage in their Class 12th are eligible if their percentage aggregate makes them lie within top 20 percentile candidates of their concerned board of examination.

So having secured 59% marks in your Class 12th you are eligible for appearing in JEE only if you lie within the top 20 percentile condition as mentioned above.

For more details about JEE you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
16th August 2017, 08:48 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NIT and IIT if I get 100 marks in JEE Mains but have only 59 percentage marks in 12th?

Am I eligible to apply for NIT and IIT if I get 300 marks in jee mains but have only 56% marks in 12th?
29th May 2018, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

I have got 59% marks in 12 boards and I have given NATA Exam Do I have any chance of getting admission in gndu Amritsar ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?