9th June 2016, 03:01 AM
Unregistered

Can I give JEE Main in 2017 for 3rd time? Whether JEE Advanced 2017 marks will be required for admission in NITs and IIITs?

Well sir, can i give Jee Main-2017 for 3rd time? Will Jee advanced-2017 marks will be requires to get admission into NITs and IIITs?

9th June 2016, 05:07 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give JEE Main in 2017 for 3rd time? Whether JEE Advanced 2017 marks will be required for admission in NITs and IIITs?

Yes, you can appears in the JEE mains exams for third time. You can appear in JEE mains exam for three consecutive sessions. For getting admission in NIT's and IIIT's there is no need of JEE advance score. JEE advance is must for admission in IIT's and ISM.
For your kind information i want to to tell you that now there is no role of 12th marks in the evaluation of JEE mains,2017 AIR. Now 12th marks will decide the eligibility for JEE mains.
9th June 2016, 01:30 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I give JEE Main in 2017 for 3rd time? Whether JEE Advanced 2017 marks will be required for admission in NITs and IIITs?

For JEE Main , Maximum three attempts are allowed. So, You can apply JEE Main 3rd time. For JEE Advanced , You can attempt 2 times in consecutive years. If you will be among top 2,00,000 candidates in JEE Main , then you are eligible for JEE Advanced.

NIT
Admission to NIT is given on the basis of JEE Main score. JEE Advanced is not required for NIT admission.

IIT
Admission to IITs is given on the basis of JEE Advanced score.

Admission Procedure
- Register Online for NIT/IIT counselling process.
- Pay the registration fees.
- Submit required documents to zonal IIT/NIT.
- Choice the filling of course & institute.
- Lock your choices.
- During online counselling , Seat will be allotted to you according to available seats and your choices.
- If any seat is allotted , Download the allotment letter & Report to admission centre.
- Verify your documents & Pay the fees to confirm your admission.
9th June 2016, 02:06 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

JEE Main examination is an All India engineering entrance examination which is conducted for offering admission in undergraduate engineering courses in NITs and JEE Main examination is also considered as gateway to JEE Advanced examination.

Candidates who have passed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English subjects from a Government recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. To be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination, you must have to qualify and secure top 1,50,000 rank among all categories in JEE Main examination.

The maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE Main examination is three times that too in three consecutive years after completion of your Higher Secondary course. And the maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE Advanced examination is two times that too in two consecutive years after completion of your Intermediate course.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you are going to appear in JEE Main 2017 examination as your third attempt, remember that this will be your last chance to appear in JEE Main examination. JEE Advanced 2017 examination marks are required for offering admission in IITs, you can get admission in NITs on basis of your JEE Main examination rank even without appearing in JEE Advanced examination. You are eligible to appear in JEE Main 2017 examination and you are not eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2017 examination as you have already used your attempts to appear in JEE Advanced examination.
9th June 2016, 04:58 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Number of Attempts for JEE Main exam:

The number of attempts which a candidates can avail at JEE Main shall be limited to 03.

JEE Main is conducted to take admission into JEE Advanced exam.

Top 1 lakh candidates are selected for JEE Advanced exam on category wise.

Yes, JEE Advanced 2017 marks will be required for admission in NITs and IITs.
9th June 2016, 11:34 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to appear for Advance examination third time. JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination.

The examination is conducted in two stages and candidates have to qualify in Main to appear for Advance stage.

Maximum number of attempts:-

Mains - 3

Advance - 2.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?