26th September 2015, 04:42 PM
akhana

Am I eligible to apply for robotics course as my PG if I have done Civil Engineering?

I am studying civil engineering now but i wish to study robotics as my PG can i change my engineering branch? What are the courses I need to take before to be eligible for it? or no course is required? Can you please guide me with the complete information on the same?

Thanks!

Related Questions:
27th September 2015, 03:36 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for robotics course as my PG if I have done Civil Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhana View Post
I am studying civil engineering now but i wish to study robotics as my PG can i change my engineering branch? What are the courses I need to take before to be eligible for it? or no course is required? Can you please guide me with the complete information on the same?

Thanks!
Well if you are interested in robotics then you can go for coursers like Computer Science Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechatrnoics. Selecting any of the branch will lead you to be a robotic engineer. The duration of this course is for 2 years.

Some of the specialization field for robotics include:

- Medical Robotics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Automation
- Micro-Robotics
- Signal Processing
- Robot motion Planning
- Digital Electronics and Micro Processor etc.
27th September 2015, 05:58 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for robotics course as my PG if I have done Civil Engineering?

No.You can not do PG In Robotics after your civil engineering.There is No any robotics specialization in civil engineering.Automation & Robotics is specialization of Mechanical Engineering , Electrical Engineering , Electronics Engineering & Software Engineering.

Eligibility
- You must have passed B.E/B.Tech in relevant course from recognized university.
- You also require to qualify the GATE entrance exam/University Level entrance exam.

Best College Offering PG Course In Robotics
- IIT , Allahabad
- SRM Institute of Science & Technology
- Visvesvaraya Technological University
- Osmania University
- Shepherd School of Engineering & Technology
- Vel Tech Dr.RR & Dr.SR Technical University

Skill Require For Robotic Engineer
- Computer Knowledge
- Programming Skill
- Microprocessor Logic
- Team Work
- Designing Technic

Robotics Engineer can start career as a
- Robotics Technician
- System Engineer
- Robotics Operator
- Robotics Programmer
- Robotics Analyst
- Robotic Test engineer
- Productive Engineer - Robotic
- Marketing Engineer - Robotic
28th December 2016, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

I am studying B.E mechanical engineering and wish to join M.E robotics if I am eligible or not?
30th December 2016, 03:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhana View Post

Thanks!
You have completed PG course in Civil Engineering so you are not eligible for Robotics.

Below given departments are eligible to get admission in robotics course.

1.Mechanical Engineering

2.Electrical Engineering

3.Computer Science and Engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?