21st June 2017, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to attempt IAS exam after completion of 12th with humanities stream?

Am I eligible to attempt IAS exam after completion of 12th with humanities stream? Can you please give me the details on the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon as I need to start the preparation for the IAS exam as well. Thanks!

22nd June 2017, 06:43 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to attempt IAS exam after completion of 12th with humanities stream?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. UPSC conducts Civil Services examination every year for services like IPS, IAS, IFS etc. The minimum academic qualification required for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for this examination.

You are not eligible for IAS entrance examination after completion of 12th with Humanities stream. You should pursue bachelor's degree first then you can become eligible for this examination. Minimum age limit to apply for this examination is 21 years.
22nd June 2017, 07:55 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to attempt IAS exam after completion of 12th with humanities stream?

IAS refers to Indian Administrative Service and to be an IAS officer your need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Civil Services examination is held in three stages which includes Preliminary Test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

The basic qualification required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as here under :-

You must have the nationality of India.

Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms

You must have completed your graduation degree in any subject of your choice from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their graduation degree course are also eligible.

So, having completed your Class 12th with humanities stream you are eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination after completion of your graduation degree from a recognised university.
22nd June 2017, 09:35 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

Entrance Examination conducted for IAS: Civil Services examination.

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Age limit: 21-32 years.

You can not apply for IAS entrance exam after 10+2.
22nd June 2017, 10:37 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS officer you need to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.
After graduation you will be eligible to appear in civil services exam.
If you have completed your 12th standard with Humanities stream then you are definitely eligible.
23rd June 2017, 10:18 PM
ayush1051

Post Re: Am I eligible to attempt IAS exam after completion of 12th with humanities stream?

No you are unable to give ias exam after 12...firstly you have to complete graduation after 12 and u should do B.A by this your social science will become more strong ...and you are able to clarify ias exam...in B.A you should choose history,political science,sociology,English....this will help you to clear ias exam....and you have to study ncert of classes 6 to 12...of social science ... Which will help you a lot...and you have to adapt newspaper reading habit...i personally recommend you to read the Hindu newspaper... because In ias exam you need to know about current affairs.....and for ias preparation the best coachings are in Delhi so you can study in Delhi too.....by this after 12 you have to complete graduation...then you are able to give ias exam.....i hope I am able to clear your doubts...thank you for reading my answer patiently...
24th June 2017, 02:07 PM
stutiswet2

Yes, you are eligible if you are passing 10+2 with Humanities stream. In fact, all streams of candidates of 10+2 standard are eligible for appearing in IAS exam. Whether it is Science, Commerce or Arts stream, all stream candidates are eligible to appear for IAS Exam or Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC.
25th June 2017, 11:03 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination is:

1. Graduation in any stream from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for examination.

2. Age limit is 21-32 years.

You are not eligible for IAS entrance exam after 12th. You should pursue bachelor's degree to become eligible for exam. You can start your preparation from now by reading basic NIOS or NCERT books.
25th June 2017, 12:46 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC for recruitment as an I.A.S Offcer.

The required qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university in any discipline.

The age limit to appear in examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category. No limitation on discipline of bachelor degree or 12th std stream.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all three stages for final selection. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
25th June 2017, 09:28 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Generally, IAS examination is used to refer Civil Services examination which is held by UPSC once every year for recruitment of administrative officers like IAS, IPS, IFS, etc. .

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Further there is provision of age relaxation of reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in Civil Services examination having completed your Class 12th with Humanities stream then I would like to let you know that for appearing in same examination there is no compulsion of any subject/stream at any level of academics and so you are eligible for appearing in same examination once you complete your graduation from a recognized university.

For more detailed information regarding Civil Services examination you can refer to its official website i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
4th November 2017, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to attempt IAS exam after completion of 12th with humanities from NIOS?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?