10th March 2018, 01:41 AM
Raj280888

Am I eligible for B.Ed after B.Tech? What is the admission process?

I have completed my 10th then three years Diploma after which I did B.Tech. Now I wish to study for B.Ed. So, am I eligible for B.Ed? If yes, the which university is best to pursue B.Ed via distance mode of education and what is their admission procedure?

Related Questions:
20th March 2018, 07:25 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for B.Ed after B.Tech? What is the admission process?

The full form of B.Ed is Bachelor of Education.

Eligibility criteria for B.Ed course:

1. Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for exam.

2. You should have minimum of 50% marks in bachelor's degree to apply for B.Ed course.

If you meet percentage criteria then you can apply for B.Ed course.

Top Distance B.Ed offering university in distance mode:

Annamalai University.

Maduraj Kamaraj University.

Jamia Milia Islamia.

Kakatiya University.

Some take admission based on marks and some through entrance exam.
21st March 2018, 09:47 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue B.Ed course after completion of your B.Tech course. To be eligible to pursue B.Ed course, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in Science/ Arts/ Commerce stream with minimum aggregate of 50% (45% for SC/ ST) marks from a Government recognised university. Admissions in B.Ed course are done through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university. As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you have passed Bachelor's degree course in Technology, so, you are not eligible to get admission for pursuing B.Ed course.
22nd March 2018, 09:06 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed refers to Bachelor of Education and same is professional degree course required by those who are looking to make their career as a teacher.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility to pursue B.Ed degree course being a B.Tech degree holder then you are certainly eligible if your have managed to secured 55% marks or equivalent grade in your B.tech degree course from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

As far as you are concerned about the best university to pursue B.Ed degree course in distance mode then as per my knowledge some of the best open universities offering B.Ed degree courses are :-

IGNOU ( Indira Gandhi National Open University ).

Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU).

Karnataka State Open University (KSOU).

Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University (BAOU).

Netaji Subhas Open University (NSOU).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?