1st January 2018, 10:07 PM
Nitsua

Am I eligible to do BSC in dietetics after taking PCM in 12th standard?

I have done my 12 science with PCM as my subjects. I hv nt taken biology,so still can I pursue my career as dietitian . I made a mistake of not taking biology but I want to do dietetics, so can I still get a chance in any good institute? Kindly answer me.

3rd January 2018, 09:11 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do BSC in dietetics after taking PCM in 12th standard?

No, you are not eligible to do B.Sc. in Dietetics after completion of your 12th standard with PCM stream. To be eligible to pursue B.Sc. in Dietetics course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCB stream from a Government recognised board. Since, you have not pursued Biology subject in your 12th standard, you are not eligible to do B.Sc. in Dietetics course.

3rd January 2018, 09:12 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do BSC in dietetics after taking PCM in 12th standard?

Yes, you can study B.Sc Dietician course after completing your 10+2 in PCM.

B.Sc (Bachelor of Science) in Dietician course is an under graduation level degree. The duration of the course is 3 years with 6 semesters.
The eligibility required for studying this course is to complete 10+2 in science stream with 50% from any recognised board.
There are many universities which provide this course. Few universities conduct entrance exam for giving admissions and few universities give direct admission into their university.

4th January 2018, 05:46 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, but you cannot pursue B.Sc in Dietetics. You must have Biology as the main subject in 12th standard.

Eligibility criteria for B.Sc in Dietetics are:-

Candidate must have passed standard 12th examination from a recognized educational board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the main subjects, with minimum 50% aggregate.

Admission Process:- Counselling after entrance examination

Average Fee:- INR 2 to 5 lakhs

Colleges:-

National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad
J.D. Birla Institute of Home Science, Kolkata
Lady Irwin College, New Delhi
All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health, Kolkata
S.N.D.T. Women's University, Mumbai

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?