30th May 2016, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do MBA after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology?

After doing BSc biotechnology I can do MBA or MBA biotechnology? & MBA in what (HR or marketing or banking or finance ) is good forgirls for a big salary job? can I get any jobs after completing MBA biotechnology from pune university?

Related Questions:
  1. What jobs I can get after the completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology? Which is a good choice to earn more money between M.Tech in Biotechnology and MBA in Biotechnology?
  2. How to do MBA in Biotechnology after doing BSc Biotechnology? What is the procedure to join MBA?
  3. What can I do between MSc Biotechnology and MBA after completing BSc with Biotechnology
  4. Completed BSc Biotechnology last year with 54% : Am I eligible for MBA Pharma course? Universities in India offering this course?
  5. Am I eligible for B.Ed course after the completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology?
  6. What will be the Job scope for me after completion of MBA in Biotechnology being a candidate of B.Sc in Biotechnology?
  7. How to do MBA in Biotechnology after passing BSc Biotechnology? Procedure for admission?
  8. After graduating in Biotechnology what can i do between MSc and MBA Biotechnology?
  9. Am I eligible to join MBA course after completion of B.Sc?
  10. Should I go for MSc or MBA? I have finished graduation in BSc Biotechnology
  11. Which course is a better choice for me between MBA and M.Tech in Biotechnology after completion of M.Sc in Biotechnology? Job Opportunities after completion of M.Sc in Biotechnology?
  12. Am I eligible to take admission for MBA in Biotechnology without giving any Entrance Exam after completion of B.Sc in Radiography?
  13. What Jobs I can do after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology?
  14. MBA or MSC which one to choose after BSC? which post graduation is better? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Am I eligible to appear for GATE Exam in Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology?
  16. Am i eligible for TRB after completing BSc Biotechnology
  17. M.Sc(Biotechnology) or MBA: Better choice after B.Sc(Biotechnology)?
  18. What shall I do after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology?
30th May 2016, 07:18 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do MBA after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology?

MBA is Master of Business Administration.

Eligibility for MBA course:

Candidate should have done bachelor's degree in science, commerce, technology etc to apply for this course. Final year candidates can also apply for MBA course.

There are various entrance exam for this course like CAT, MAT, XAT, SNAP etc. For CAT exam, minimum 50% marks in graduation is required.

You can choose discipline like finance or banking or marketing. All are good and have good scope in future. It is good for girls also. You can get jobs in private companies after MBA in Biotechnology.
30th May 2016, 07:43 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

MBA is an acronym for Master in Business Administration. It is a professional degree of two year duration which focuses on formulating administrative skills essential for hitting success in the business industry.

The eligibility criteria for getting admission in MBA degree are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed graduation degree in any discipline with at least 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks from a recognized university .

-The candidate appearing in the final year of their degree course are also eligible to apply for the exam .

-There is no restriction on age limit to apply for the MBA degree .

Some of the entrance exams through which one can get admission for MBA course in best business schools of India are CAT, MAT, XAT, SNAP, IBSAT, etc .
30th May 2016, 01:18 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

As per eligibility, yes you are eligible to go for MBA course in Post Graduation after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology.

But to confirm your final eligibility, you should have scored a minimum of 60% of marks in your Graduation and it would be 55% if you are a candidate from SC/ST category.

The admission for MBA course would be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Popular Entrance Exams to join this course are
CAT
MAT
GMAT etc.

There would be number of specializations that are available in MBA course. You can join the one which you are interested and where your knowledge and skills are being fully utilized.

As per the salary, you can get good salary after completing MBA with any specialization as there are number of job opportunities for MBA candidates in all the business sectors.

I am not the best one to suggest you the best specialization as you know your areas of interest better than me.

MBA in Biotechnology is a good choice since you have completed your B.Sc in Biotechnology. If you go for Finance or Marketing or HR, you need to start from the beginning for subject knowledge as you don't have any academic background in these subjects.

To get a job after MBA in Biotechnology or not depends on your subject knowledge and skills. Since it is a Pune university, you can expect some placements. Perform well in the respective selection procedure and grab the job.

You will be having number of job opportunities even in abroad as well.
30th May 2016, 04:23 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After doing BSc biotechnology I can do MBA or MBA biotechnology? & MBA in what (HR or marketing or banking or finance ) is good forgirls for a big salary job? can I get any jobs after completing MBA biotechnology from pune university?
Yes you are eligible to pursue MBA after completing B.Sc in Biotechnology.

To pursue MBA one needs a graduation degree in any discipline of their choice. The subject here does not matters but if you have 50% of more marks at graduation level then you will be able to sit for most of the popular MBA Entrance exams available. There is no age criteria as such.

List of top MBA Entrance Exams :-
  • AIMA-MAT
  • Common Admission Test (CAT)
  • IBSAT
  • Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
  • MAH - MBA/MMS CET
  • NMAT
  • Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP)
Top MBA Specialization list:-
  • MBA in Finance
  • MBA in Marketing
  • MBA in Human Recourse (HR)
  • MBA in International Business (IB)
  • MBA in Operation Management
  • MBA in Information Technology (IT)
  • MBA in Supply Chain Management
  • MBA in Rural Management
  • MBA in Agri Business Management
  • MBA in Health Care Management
If you have good communication skills, have a charismatic personality, and are reliable and confident, then most definitely MBA in HR is the right choice for you. One generally starts off as a Team player at a mid-management level and thereafter depending upon how you fare , you will taste success accordingly. Someone who is the HR manager gets a hefty pay packet with time.

Top MBA Colleges in India:-
  1. Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJSSoM)
  2. Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB)
  3. T. A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), Manipal
  4. Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSoM)
  5. Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune
  6. Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar (XIMB)
  7. Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
  8. Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai
  9. National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai
28th May 2020, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

We can do MBA in finance after bsc biotechnology
17th December 2020, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

Can a Biotechnology graduate opt for MBA in Agribusiness?
18th June 2021, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

jobs after doing mba with bsc biotechnology
24th June 2021, 03:05 PM
Mamatha97
Junior Member+

Yes you are eligible to do MBA after completion of BSc Biotechnology.

The general MBA eligibility criteria, which is common for all the MBA programs are mentioned below:

You must have completed your graduation of 3 years (some colleges such as IIT Kharagpur require a bachelor’s degree of 4 years) from a recognized board.

You must have scored a minimum of 50% or equivalent CGPA in your graduation. For reserved categories, a relaxation of 5% is provided.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?