29th June 2013, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for food inspector exam after doing Hotel Management?

i am doing hotel management and i have passed 12th with science stream. am i eligible for food inspector exam.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for food inspector exam after doing Hotel Management?
  2. Am I eligible for food inspector exam after doing Hotel Management?
  3. Information on Food Inspector exam after Hotel Management?
  4. Am I eligible for food inspector after completing hotel management from Bharti Vidyapeeth
  5. Am I eligible for food inspector? How to become food inspector and What's the exam date for the same? I have done B.Sc degree in hotel and tourism management and have working experience in five star hotel
  6. Can a Hotel Management Student apply for Food Inspector Exam? Date of food inspector exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Am i eligible to apply for food inspector post after doing hotel management course?
  8. How to become a food inspector after doing Hotel Managemeent in Bangalore University?
  9. How to become a food inspector after completing Hotel Management?
  10. How should I apply for Food Inspector Post? What is the procedure? I am a Hotel Management Student
  11. Can I appear for food inspector exam after completing BSc in Hotel Management? -- [New]
  12. Am I eligible for Govt Food Inspector job after passing 3 years diploma in Hotel Management after 12th?
  13. What to do to become a Food Inspector being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Sc in Hotel Management?
  14. Can I become the food inspector while studying Hotel Management?
  15. Can I apply for Food Inspector Job having done 4 year Degree course in Hotel Management and working in Hotel Industry?
  16. How to apply for food inspector entrance?
  17. How to join HM college if I am a student of 12th science under WB board?
  18. How to become a food inspector after doing BHM(Hotel Management) in Bangalore University?
29th June 2013, 07:05 AM
gaju7

Default Re: Am I eligible for food inspector exam after doing Hotel Management?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am doing hotel management and i have passed 12th with science stream. am i eligible for food inspector exam.
Dear,
to appear to this exam you must to see what qualification is required.

Union public service commission conducts all India food inspector to join various post with in country. Aspirants who pass entrance exam have to attend a personal Interview.

Qualification:----
you must be passed a bachelor degree from a recognized university in any of science subject or

graduate in agricultural/pharmacy/food technology/dairy technology or its equivalent .
29th June 2013, 09:44 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend..................

Here some information is given to you about Food Inspector

Food inspector is the one who is responsible for determining the quality of the food manufacturer or made.They is responsible for food hazards and food industry, quality, safe and evidence in the companies to verify the sales people.Are tested, and the food inspector by the Commission as well UPSC state public service.

So that you have the option of how become a food inspector. But to qualify for the examination of these both is almost the same.

Food Inspector Post Eligibility :

Candidates must be Indian

Candidates must be Graduate in Agriculture / Pharmacy / Food Technology /Dairy Technology from any recognized University

And you Should be between 21 to 35 years of age, there relaxed to a reserved category.

The upper age relaxation as per govt rules

Candidates age can apply to the position of inspector of food in the food and management.

It will be the selection of candidates to perform the ordinary business of the food inspector.

Selection Process :

Written Test

Interview
29th June 2013, 03:37 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry to inform you that you will not be eligible to apply for Food Inspector Entrance Exam taken by the staff selection commission.As per your educational qualification you will not be eligible to apply for this job.In order to apply for this job you will required to fulfill these Eligibility conditions :

Educational qualification :

• Your minimum educational qualification should be Graduation pass/Final year from recognized university.
  • Your Bachelor degree should be from Forestry Engineering/Agriculture Engineering/Diary Farming/B.sc in Agriculture/B.sc in Botany/B.sc in Fishry and Agriculture.
Important :
  • Candidates who have higher qualification degree in related stream will also be eligible to apply for this exam.
  • Only those candidates who have a regular Bachelor degree in related stream will only be able to apply for this exam.
  • Minimum age required to apply for this entrance test is 21 years.
  • Maximum age allowed to apply for this entrance test is 30 years.
Marks required :
  • Candidates who belong from the General/OBC category should have a minimum of 55% marks in Bachelor degree course.
  • Candidates who belong from the SC/ST category should have a minimum of 50% marks in bachelor degree course.
Exam Pattern for Food Inspector
  • This exam will conducted in two phases.
  • Phase I will be Preliminary exam and it will be objective type.
  • Phase II will be Mains exam and it will be conventional type.
Details on Preliminary Exam
  • This exam will be of 200 marks.
  • Exam duration will be 2 hours.
  • Questions will be from General Knowledge,Reasoning,English Grammar and Basics from Agriculture and Farming.
Details on Mains Exam
  • This exam will be of 400 Marks.
  • It will include two question sets.
  • Each set will include 100 questions.
  • Questions set I will include questions from Indian History and Environmental science.
  • Question Set II will include questions from Microbiology,Biochemistry,Agriculture,Zoology and this questions will be based on degree level.
29th June 2013, 04:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Sorry Hotel Management Graduates are not eligible for Food Inspector examination.

For Food Inspector exam one must be a Graduate in any one of the following subjects:

-Microbiology

-Biotechnology

-Biochemistry

-Food Technology

-Pharmaceutical Sciences

-Degree in Medicine with experience of Food Inspection

Hence if you have any of the above qualification then only you will be eligible for Food Inspector exam.

The recruitment of Food Inspector is done by various state public service commission around India.

The selection will be based on the performance in the following stages:

-Written Examination

-Personal Interview

29th June 2013, 07:34 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

Food Inspector exam is conducted by the UPSC in every year.To become a Food Inspector the following eligibility is required.

Nationality:

Candidate should be citizen of India.

Education Qualification:

candidate must have graduation in agriculture/pharmacy/food technology/diary technology from a recognized university

Age limit:

Candidate age limit should be between 21 to 30 years.Age relaxation also available as per govt rules.

Selection Process:

Written Test
Interview

all the best...............
16th August 2014, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for food inspector exams after doing B.Sc. Biotechnology and M.Sc. Microbiology ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?