30th August 2011, 07:49 AM
anjalitopper

Am I eligible for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?

I am B.Tech 3rd year student.Am i eligible for Gate Exam .?
I am in confusion to know whether am i eligible or not.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for upcoming GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in ECE? Validity of GATE score?
  2. Am I eligible for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Am I eligible to give CDSE Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  4. Am I eligible to write ICET Exam pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  5. Can a B.Tech 3rd year student be eligible to give GATE examination?
  6. Which Book to refer for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in EEE?
  7. Am I eligible for Railways and Banking sector jobs being a 3rd year B.Tech student with 65% aggregate? -- [New]
  8. How to get Internship in top Companies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  9. How can I prepare for Placements being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  10. Which books to refer for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. Which Books to refer for JTO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  12. Number of attempts for GATE Exam and Validity of GATE score card being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  13. Required Percentage of Marks to apply for Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE?
  14. What are the job opportunities after giving GATE exam in the public and private sector? I am pursuing B.Tech in ECE in 3rd year
  15. Am I eligible to write Group 1 Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  16. How to appear for GATE exam after pursuing B.Tech computer science engineering
  17. Can I give GATE Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of BE course?
  18. Am I eligible to appear in GATE being a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student? How can I find out the percentage of GATE scorecard?
30th August 2011, 10:12 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalitopper View Post
GATE i.e Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Third year students are not eligible to apply for this examination.So there is not confusion.

Because according(2012) to the new rules third year students are not eligible to appear for this examination.But previous year they were allowed to take this examination.But this year they not allowed to appear for this examination.

Only final year candidates and pass out candidates are eligible to appear for this examination.So there is not confusion about this examination.They clearly mentioned pre-final year candidates are not allowed to apply for this examination.

Eligibility Criteria for this examination :-

Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture from any recognized University or equivalent qualification.

Master's degree in any branch of Science/Statistics/Mathematics/Computer Application from any recognized university or equivalent qualification.

And those who are appearing in the final year of degree course can apply for this examination.

More details,Visit the official website : http://gate.iitd.ac.in/GATE/eligibility.php
30th August 2011, 10:26 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?

Quote:
dear friend,

Yes, B-TECH 3 rd year student are eligible for GATE exam .

There is no restriction for attempts for GATE exam. You can try it many times.

The GATE score is valid for two years.

Total no of marks is 100 and time duration is 3 hr.

B-TECH and masters degree are eligible for GATE exam

Thanks
30th August 2011, 12:01 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
I am B.Tech 3rd year student.Am i eligible for Gate Exam .?I am in confusion to know whether am i eligible or not.

No, You are not eligible for the GATE-2012 examination. According to GATE-2012 notification the pre-final year candidates are not eligible for the GATE-2012 exam. Only final year and pass out candidates are eligible for the GATE-2012 examination.

So, if you are in 3rd year then you are not eligible for the GATE exam. You will be eligible in the final year. The details information is available on the official website of GATE.

NOTE :- There are no age limit, no. of attempt limit and percentage requires for the GATE examination. So, you can appear in the GATE exam at any age and many times according to own wish. Only pass the qualifying examination is enough to appear in the GATE exam.

For any more information regarding GATE-2012 examination, Please CLICK HERE

Regards
~Mukul~
30th August 2011, 12:39 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
i am sorry dear but u are not eligible for GATE this year..u can apply for GATE next year or after that..right now..concentrate on ur preparations..prepare well as most of the course is from 3rd n 4th year..all the best
30th August 2011, 01:51 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
GATE exam is a entrance exam of M.tech.. Which is conducted by IIT's and IISC jointly every year in the month of February..

To appear in GATE exam, a candidate must have to fulfill some eligibility criteria first..

Eligibility for GATE exam:-

*The candidate must have complete the bachelor degree in the fields of Engineering/Technology/Architecture..
Or, The candidate must have complete the master degree in the field of Science/MCA/MBA etc..

*The candidate can appear in GATE exam during the pre-final year or final year of Graduation or post graduation..
*There is no age limit..
*No number of attempt restriction..
*The validity of GATE score remains for 2 years.
As you are in 3rd year of your B. tech course then you are definitely eligible to appear in GATE exam..

So, work hard, prepare yourself for the exam...
All the best..
30th August 2011, 02:06 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
GATE exam is a entrance exam of M.tech.. Which is conducted by IIT's and IISC jointly every year in the month of February..

To appear in GATE exam, a candidate must have to fulfill some eligibility criteria first..

Eligibility for GATE exam:-

*The candidate must have complete the bachelor degree in the fields of Engineering/Technology/Architecture..
Or, The candidate must have complete the master degree in the field of Science/MCA/MBA etc..

*The candidate can appear in GATE exam during the pre-final year or final year of Graduation or post graduation..
*There is no age limit..
*No number of attempt restriction..
*The validity of GATE score remains for 2 years.
As you are in 3rd year of your B. tech course then you are definitely eligible to appear in GATE exam..

So, work hard, prepare yourself for the exam...
All the best..
30th August 2011, 02:49 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello Anjali,
To be eligible for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering-GATE, you must either hold a degree in engineering, technology or architecture or you must be in the final year of your 4 year degree program.
As you have mentioned that you are in the 3rd year, you won't be eligible to apply for the test.
For complete information, refer to the official website of GATE.
30th August 2011, 04:26 PM
shivesh1991

sorry friend. According to the GATE-2012 notification the pre-final year candidates are not eligible for the GATE-2012 exam.
Students in their Final year an the passed out students are eligible to appear.
Gate does not entertain any other eligibility criteria than this,so there is no limitations on the number of attempts,and on age criteria.
30th August 2011, 05:18 PM
deepika rai

Quote:
yes ,you are eligible for GATE
30th August 2011, 05:44 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

No, You are not elligible For it..
As per the rule 2012... the pre final year student are not eligible for it..

And one more thing .. the rank validity is only 1 year...

You focus more on your branch subject For the GATE exam..

Good Luck..~~`
30th August 2011, 06:47 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Hello dear

No. pre final year students are not eligiable to write GATE exam 2012.

Eligibility for GATE Examination

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE 2012:

Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.

Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

all the best............
30th August 2011, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

Lightbulb Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?

Quote:
Hey read this website it might help you in solving your answer

http://examcds.com/GATE/
30th August 2011, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

i got 44% of marks in degree ,can i eligible to join in M.B.A
30th August 2011, 07:38 PM
rana2011
Banned

Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture from any recognized University or equivalent qualification.

Master's degree in any branch of Science/Statistics/Mathematics/Computer Application from any recognized university or equivalent qualification.

And those who are appearing in the final year of degree course can apply for this examination.

More details,Visit the official website : [URL="http://gate.iitd.ac.in/GATE/eligibility.php"]http://gate.iitd.ac.in/GATE/eligibility.php

Thanks!!
30th August 2011, 09:05 PM
Massmurugan

Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology conducts Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)

Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering and those in the final year are eligible as per this year.
so you are not eligible to apply this year.
30th August 2011, 10:58 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Graduation Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) is conducted every year to take qualify engineering to do their post graduation course in Engineering in top Engineering colleges like IIT/NIT.

Eligibility criteria for GATE exam:
Education qualification:
Candidate should complete graduation degree in Engineering/Architecture/Statistical/Computer applications or Candidate can also apply for Gate exam from 3rd year also.

GATE exam score validity: 2 years.

Yet gate exam notification was not out,it may be release soon,frequently check this official website.

http://gate.iitd.ac.in/GATE/
31st August 2011, 01:52 AM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

Now according to new rule third year student are not eligible for GATE exam.
3rd September 2011, 03:42 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

Third year btech students are not eligible as per GATE-2012 notification
only final year students are eligible for GATE-2012.
3rd September 2011, 09:04 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Graduation Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) is conducted every year to take qualify engineering to do their post graduation course in Engineering in top Engineering colleges like IIT/NIT.

Eligibility criteria for GATE exam:
Education qualification:
Candidate should complete graduation degree in Engineering/Architecture/Statistical/Computer applications or Candidate can also apply for Gate exam from 3rd year also.

Yet gate exam notification was not out,it may be release soon,frequently check this official website.

http://gate.iitd.ac.in/GATE/

4th September 2011, 07:58 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?

Quote:
I am sorry but you are not eligible as according to the guidelines of GATE 2012..any student of the pre-final year i.e B.Tech 3rd year cannot sit for the GATE exam but a final year student of engineering is eligible for appearing in the GATE exam..
The GATE exam is held every year and there is no age restriction or to the number of attempts..you can make for clearing GATE

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz90"
4th September 2011, 01:17 PM
manoj rajpurohit

Yes obviously are are eligible for your gate exam if you are perusing in b.tech 3 yr. But the score card is valid for only two years.

You can fill the form and then can give this exam. there is no any restriction in this that you can not give this exam in 3 yr. you can give this exam in any age after your b.tech 3yr.

this exam include 100 question in which your whole b.tech is repeated. You should work hare for this.

If you get good rank then you can fill any good college in which you are interested, this is my suggestion for you.

I hope you got my answer.
best of luck for your future.
4th September 2011, 05:43 PM
tanmayeetripathy

Dear friend,

ofcourse ,you are eligible for gate exam after you accquire your bachelor’s degree.

Eligibility criteria :-

-bachelor's degree holders in engineering/technology/architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

-master's degree holders in any branch of science/mathematics/statistics/computer applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

-candidates in the second or higher year of the four-year integrated master's degree programme (post-b.sc.) in engineering/technology or in the third or higher year of five-year integrated master's degree programme and dual degree programme in engineering/technology.

-candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by upsc/aicte as equivalent to b.e./b.tech. Those who have completed section a or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

Good luck…
20th September 2011, 08:37 PM
dil-jale

sorry dear,you are not applicable for GATE exam because final year candidates are applicable
thanks
20th September 2011, 08:39 PM
dil-jale

sorry dear,you are not applicable for GATE exam because final year candidates are applicable
thanks
3rd October 2011, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

i m 4th year bsc nursing student. Can i apply gate exam 2012?
31st October 2011, 03:33 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Sorry, you are not eligible .Because the criteria has been changed that when you are in your final semester of your graduation or have completed the graduation degree you can give the GATE exam .
31st October 2011, 09:33 PM
imcool.raone

Hi dear,

GATE i.e Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Third year students are not eligible to apply for this examination.So there is not confusion.

Because according(2012) to the new rules third year students are not eligible to appear for this examination.But previous year they were allowed to take this examination.But this year they not allowed to appear for this examination.

Only final year candidates and pass out candidates are eligible to appear for this examination.So there is not confusion about this examination.They clearly mentioned pre-final year candidates are not allowed to apply for this examination.

More details,Visit the official website : http://gate.iitd.ac.in/GATE/eligibility.php
Thanks
31st January 2012, 02:59 PM
Rapchik007

Yes, B-TECH 3 rd year student are eligible for GATE exam .

There is no restriction for attempts for GATE exam. You can try it many times.

The GATE score is valid for two years.

Total no of marks is 100 and time duration is 3 hr.

B-TECH and masters degree are eligible for GATE exam

Thanks
31st January 2012, 06:49 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,

WHO ARE ELIGIBLE IN GATE-2012

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE 2012:

* Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

* Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

* Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

* Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.

* Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

* Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

BEST OF LUCK
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?