20th June 2017, 10:21 AM

Am I eligible to get admission to do Agriculture after completion of 12th science with 62 percentage marks?

Sir/Mam, I have completed my 12th in science but I have low percent (62%) but I want study in agriculture what can I do? can you show me a cut off of last year? Can you please guide me with the details on the same? Awaiting for the response.

20th June 2017, 06:12 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission to do Agriculture after completion of 12th science with 62 percentage marks?

B.Sc Agriculture is four year duration course and to get admission in course in most of colleges ( government or private ) candidates have to appear and qualify in entrance examination conducted by various institutes.

For admission in government colleges candidates have to qualify in ICAR(AIEEA) examination.

The common eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed PCB/PCM as main paper with minimum 50% from a recognised board.
21st June 2017, 11:39 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission to do Agriculture after completion of 12th science with 62 percentage marks?

You can get admission in B.Sc agriculture because the cut off percentage is generally 50-60%. The full details about B.Sc agriculture is given below.

B.Sc (Bachelor of Science) in Agriculture is an under graduate degree which is an 4 years course.

Eligibility criteria:
- Minimum qualification is 10+2 in science (physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics) or agriculture stream with 50-60% from any recognized board or institute. Depending on the Universities the combination of subjects varies and percentage also varies.

You can get admission in any college based on your previous year percentage or you can even attend the entrance exam conducted by the universities.
This are the few entrance exams - ICAR (ICAR-AIEEA), EAMCET, PAU, KEAM, IGKV-CET.
21st June 2017, 04:42 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in B.Sc Agriculture course after 12th with 62%.

To get admission in course candidates have to appear and qualify in entrance examination conducted by various institutes.

The common eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 12th with PCB/PCM as main paper.

For admission in state government colleges candidates have to qualify in examination conducted by state government where as AIEEA conducted by ICAR for admission in central government colleges.

So, you have to qualify in these examination for admission in course. Admission is not offered on marks in 12th board.

For detail information about ICAR examination visit at www.icar.org.in.
21st June 2017, 10:46 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

B.Sc in Agriculture Science is a 4 years duration course. Admission for B.Sc. in Agricultural science are made through Entrance Examination conducted by the concerned institute/ university.

Eligibility criteria for B.Sc in Agriculture Science are as under :-

The candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent with science subjects with a minimum 50% marks.

Yes, you can get admission to do Bachelor's in Agriculture Science after completion of 12th science with 62 percentage marks.
21st June 2017, 10:53 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible to join agriculture course if you have passed your 12th standard 62%.
To join agriculture course, a candidate must have completed 12th standard with physics, chemistry, biology / mathematics from a recognised board.
Candidate must have secured minimum 50% marks.
22nd June 2017, 08:53 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

There is nothing to worry about aggregate in board examination. To get admission in B.Sc Agriculture course candidates have to appear and qualify in entrance examination.

So, you must start preparation for examination as according to syllabus of examination.

The examination paper contains mainly question from Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics.

There is different cut off score for different examination so it is tough to give you details about each of the institutes.

For detail information visit at official website of respective institute.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?