30th May 2015, 07:24 PM
mamonahmedmazumder

Am I eligible to give JEE Main exam after completion of diploma?

I am three years diploma holder can I able to sit jee (mains) exam for admit into 1st year b-tech? What is the minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for JEE Mains? Can someone please explain me and give me the information on how to do the course?

Thanks!

30th May 2015, 11:09 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give JEE Main exam after completion of diploma?

Cemtral Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts Joint Entrance Test (JEE) for admission in B.Tech and B.Arch course every year in IIT, NIT and some other colleges which provide admission on the basis of JEE rank.
Eligibility criteria for applying to JEE Mains are
-Candidate must have passed Higher Secondary Certificate Eexamination or equivalent in Physics,Chemistry,Mathematics with minimum of 60% marks .
-Candidates appeaaring in 12th board examination are also eligible.
-Candidate who have passed 12th board in last two years are only eligible to apply for.

So, if your diploma degree is from a recognized institution then you will be eligible to apply for JEE mains examination.
30th May 2015, 11:43 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

As per Education Qualification, you are not eligible for JEE Mains exam. If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized university with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main exam.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

You have to apply LEET exam to take admission into direct B.Tech 2nd year of Engineering degree.
31st May 2015, 12:48 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

I am really sorry to say this you are absolutely not eligible to apply for JEE Main's Examination with Diploma as your qualification. Since Only the candidates who are having a Intermediate or 10+2 from the recognized University.

For the details regarding the Eligibility Criteria of JEE Mains you need to have a look on the below information.

Eligibility Criteria for JEE Mains 2015 :

* You must complete 10+2 from the recognized board with Maths, Physics and Chemistry are the main subjects.

* Age should be below 25 years for General candidates and 30 years for reserved categories.

* No Diploma student is eligible to apply for JEE Main's.

* One more thing you should remember that only the candidates who are completed 12th in 2013 and 2014 are eligible to apply.

So finally I would like to conclude that you are not eligible to apply for JEE Main's Examination.
31st May 2015, 01:46 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamonahmedmazumder View Post
I am three years diploma holder can I able to sit jee (mains) exam for admit into 1st year b-tech? What is the minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for JEE Mains? Can someone please explain me and give me the information on how to do the course?

Thanks!
No, you are not eligible for JEE Main exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main and Advanced. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. You can apply consecutively for 3 years.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
16th November 2015, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

Why there is no provision in JEE eligibility rule for those students who did not give 12th but completed there diploma?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?