10th November 2011, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for a good post in India Air Force after passing 12th with 49% in PCM?

Name- Indra Bhushan Kumar
qual.- 12 pass with 49% PCM
Age- 20
am i eligible for a good post in indian air force , plz. Reply

11th November 2011, 03:59 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for a good post in India Air Force after passing 12th with 49% in PCM?

dear friend,
No, my friend you are not eligible for Indian Air force..
As you have already crossed the upper age limit to appear in NDA exam...

Without appearing in NDA exam you will not be able to join in Indian Air force after completion of 12th only..

Beside this you have secured very less marks in 12th PCM... So, sorry to say you that you are not eligible.

All the best.
17th June 2013, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for a good post in India Air Force after passing 12th with 49% in PCM?

in NDA our 12th % matter's or not plz reply
18th June 2013, 06:58 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

As you are having the maximum academic qualification as 12th class, you can join or make entry into Air Force by cracking the NDA exam.

This exam is the common written exam for the candidates to make entry into the following defence services

Army wing
Navy wing
Air Force wing

The complete selection procedure to get job in Air Force is by
NDA exam
Interview
Medical Test

Here is the required eligibility criteria for the candidates to take this exam.

One should have completed 12th class with any of the stream to apply for Army wing.

The candidate should have completed 12th class with Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects in order to be eligible to apply for Navy and Air Force wings.

The required age criteria for the candidates to take this exam is 16 1/2 years to 19 years.

One should be an unmarried male candidate also to take this exam.

As you are a candidate at the age of 20 years, you are not eligible to take this exam.

In such a way, you are not eligible to join Air Force with your 10+2 as the higher level qualification.

It was too late. You should have planning from the beginning of the 12th class.

But there is one way for you to join Indian Air Force.

Complete Graduation with the stream in which there is Mathematics and Physics and complete it successfully.

After the completion of Graduation, I suggest you to apply for CDS (Combined Defence Services Exam) through which you can join Indian Air Force wing.

Start preparing for this exam from the final year of your Graduation only.

Wish you all the best.
18th June 2013, 09:14 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join Indian Air Force as an Officer through NDA entrance exam after 12th from Science stream. There is no percentage of marks criteria for application to NDA.

NDA - National Defence Academy, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for an entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing.

The eligible candidate aspiring for Indian Air Force of NDA, must be an unmarried Indian Male candidate having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental health, can apply for IAF of NDA.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th June 2013, 11:26 AM
amit8570861100
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Age- 20
actually marks are not a solid criteria because a 12th class student who is currently doing 12th is ellgible for nda exam whether he gave his exam or not. But the major problem is your age which is 20. And the elligble age is 16 1/2 year to 19 year for nda exam. Sorry to say you cannot join airforce. Other option is do degree and give the exam of CDS.thanku
18th June 2013, 11:27 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Age- 20
As per your given Information,you will not be eligible to get jobs based on your current qualification because you have cross your aqe limit.The only chance to get jobs in Indian Air-Force after 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics is through NDA(National Defence Academy) Exam conducted by the UPSC.Your age is 20 years and Maximum age allowed to apply for this exam is 19 years .So you will not be able to apply for and get jobs in Indian Air-Force.

However if you will continue your education and if you will complete your Graduation/Bachelor degree course with science stream/Engineering then you will able to get jobs in Indian Air-Force.There are two Exams through which you will able to get jobs in Indian Air-Force.These are :-
  • UPSC CDS(Combined Defense Services).
  • AFCAT(Air Force Common Admission Test).
Eligibility requirements for CDS(Combined Defence Services) :
  • Your minimum educational qualification should be bachelor degree pass out of at least 3 years in Science stream.
  • Your Honors Paper should be Physics/Mathematics in Graduation Level.
  • Candidates who have Bachelor Engineering degree will also be eligible to apply for this exam.
  • Your minimum age should be 18 years.
  • Your age should not be above 24 years.
Eligibility Requirements for AFCAT(Air Force Common Admission Test) :
  • Your minimum educational qualification should be Graduation/Bachelor degree course in any discipline from recognized university.
  • You must have studied Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.
  • Those candidates having Engineering degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Computer Science/Information Technology/Aeronautical Engineering will be eligible to apply for this exam.
  • Candidates minimum marks in Graduation level course should be 60%.
  • There will be three wings for which you can apply through this exam.These are :- Technical/Ground Duty and Flying Branch.
  • Minimum age required to apply for this exam is 19 years.
  • Maximum age allowed for Technical and Ground Duty is 19 years to 28 years and for Flying branch is 19 years to 24 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?