25th August 2011, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IES Exam having completed B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?

I am b.tech. graduate in electronics & instrumentation engineering. am i eligible to appear for ies entrance examination?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IES Exam having completed B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?
  2. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering?
  3. Am I eligible to appear IES examination with B.E. in Electronics and Instrumentation?
  4. Can Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering candidates apply for IES Exam?
  5. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces?
  6. What type of jobs are available after qualifying IES examination? I am doing B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering
  7. Am I eligible to apply for IFS Exam after completion of Engineering with Electronics and Instrumentation stream?
  8. Will this be a right option for me of preparing for IES Exam being a candidate having completed Engineering in Electronics Instrumentation and Control?
  9. Can i apply for IES exam, I am doing electronics and instrumentation engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Am I eligible for IES exam while working with MES as Jr Engineer?
  11. Can i apply for PSU and IES simultaneously? -- [New]
  12. Possibility to study M.Tech in Avionics after completing B.Tech in Electronics Engineering?
  13. Best university in Germany for M.S. in Robotics/Instrumentation & Automation for a candidate who have secured 66% in B.Tech Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for JTO? I am doing B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering
  15. Can Instrumentation Engineering student apply for IES examination?
  16. Am i eligible for IES exam after pursuing 4th year B.Tech Instrumentation engineering? What is the syllabus for IES?
  17. JNTU B.Tech in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering 1st Sem Industrial Instrumentation Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  18. How to pursue B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering?
25th August 2011, 04:21 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES Exam having completed B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?

Hello friend,
Since you a hold a degree in engineering, you are eligible to write Engineering Service Exam conducted by UPSC.

The minimum eligible age is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years for candidates belonging to general category, 33 years for candidates belonging to OBC category and 35 years for SC/ST category.

The examination is conducted in the following disciplines of engineering only:
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and telecommunication engineering

For further information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
25th August 2011, 05:14 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES Exam having completed B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?

dear friend,
Yes, you are eligible to appear in IES exam after completion of Electronics and Instrumentation engineering..
But you have to write the exam in the syllabus of any of these streams like-
1.Electronics
2.Electrical
3.Mechanical
4.Civil
As you are from Electronics and instrumentation engineering then it will be better for you to write the exam in the syllabus of Electronics..

Eligibility criteria for IES exam-

Educational qualification:-
1.You must have complete your graduation in engineering in any of these four streams:-
*Electronics
*Electrical
*Mechanical
*Civil
Other stream students can also apply but they have to write the exam in any of these mentioned streams..
2.You should not have any due backlogs during the graduation.

Age criteria:-
1.For general category the age should be in between 21-30 years..
For Sc/ST the age relaxation is 5years and for OBC the age relaxation is 3years..

So, if you agree to write the exam in the syllabus of electronics then go for it..

All the best.
25th August 2011, 05:25 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am b.tech. graduate in electronics & instrumentation engineering. am i eligible to appear for ies entrance examination?
Information Regarding IES Examination.

IES examination is conducted by UPSC in every year. If you are interested in the IES examination then to appear in the IES examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = To appear in the IES examination you need the degree in any one of the following branch. The final year engineering student are also eligible to apply for this examination.

->Electrical Engineering.
->Electronics & Communication Engineering.
->Mechanical Engineering.
->Civil Engineering.

OR

M.Sc degree or equivalent with wireless communication, electronics, radio physics, radio engineering as a special subject.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

As per your question if your branch is electronics & Instrumentation engineering then you are eligible for the IES examination but you need to choose Electronics & Communication engineering branch for written examination.

For any more information regarding IES examination please see the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
25th August 2011, 06:54 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

IES Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualifications :

Degree in :
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

Age Limits :

Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years.
so, if you full fill this condition then you are surely eligible for this.
7th November 2012, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

l am finel year student with electronic&instrumentation branch I can elligable or not for sr& section engineer in rrb please tale sir detall and5 years question paper also send with solution
8th November 2012, 11:54 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

HI,
IES EXAM STANDS FOR INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE EXAM WHICH IS CONDUCTED BY UPSC.

ELIGIBILITY;-

**--YOU MUST BE PASSED A BACHELOR DEGREE FROM A RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY IN THE FOLLOWING STREAM;

--*--MECHANICAL

-*-/ELECTRICAL

/-/-//-ECE

/*/--*-*CIVIL

-/-AGE LIMIT IS 21-30 YEARS.

-*/-INDIAN CITIZEN

FOR MORE,
www.upsc.gov.in
8th November 2012, 11:55 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

HI,
IES EXAM STANDS FOR INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE EXAM WHICH IS CONDUCTED BY UPSC.

ELIGIBILITY;-

**--YOU MUST BE PASSED A BACHELOR DEGREE FROM A RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY IN THE FOLLOWING STREAM;

--*--MECHANICAL

-*-/ELECTRICAL

/-/-//-ECE

/*/--*-*CIVIL

-/-AGE LIMIT IS 21-30 YEARS.

-*/-INDIAN CITIZEN

FOR MORE,
www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?