30th January 2012, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IES exam while in 7th SEM ECE? I am 20 years old

i am in 7sem in ece. i m 20 years old. Am i eligible for ies exam?..please provide to me the info

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to appear in CTS on-campus interview for a candidate who have arrears?
  2. Am I eligible for IES if pursuing B.Tech(ECE)? What kind of job will I get if qualify in IES exam?
  3. How can I get job in ISRO being a B.Tech(ECE) 7th semester student?
  4. Am I eligible for TCS campus placements after failing in 6th semester?
  5. Am I eligible to write IES exam while in 7th semester of Mechanical Engineering? In which month is the exam conducted and will it affect my B.E final exam?
  6. Am I eligible to take up IES exam while doing ECE? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Am I eligible for TCS after passing 7th semester B.E
  8. Am I eligible for MNCs having secured 64% in 10th, 63% in 12th and an aggregate of 63% upto 7th semester in BE and having 2 years gap?
  9. Where should I do industrial training for 6 months? I am a student of ECE 7th semester
  10. How can I apply for government job after completing 7th semester of civil engineering
  11. Can I do internship in core company while pursuing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  12. Can i apply for PSU and IES simultaneously? -- [New]
  13. Which are the various entrance exams for government jobs after B.E ECE? I am got 57% till 7th semester
  14. Am I eligible to take MS exam after doing 7th semester electrical engineering
  15. Any government jobs available for me after passing B.E ECE?
  16. Cochin University B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering 7th Sem Computer Networks Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  17. Am I eligible for JTO Exam being a candidate of Computer Science Engineering pursuing 7th semester?
  18. Engineering 7th semester student is eligible for SBI Clerk exam?
1st February 2012, 09:00 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES exam while in 7th SEM ECE? I am 20 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am in 7sem in ece. i m 20 years old. Am i eligible for ies exam?..please provide to me the info
At present, you are not not eligible to write the Engineering Service Exam. As per the UPSC guidelines, candidates must have attained the age of 21 years, to be considered eligible for the exam. Apart from this, candidates who have appeared for the final year exam are only considered eligible for provisional admission to the entrance exam and as you have mentioned that you are in the pre-final semester of your Bachelors Degree program, you are not allowed to apply for the exam.
So, basically, to be eligible, you should complete your graduation and be within the age limit of 21-30 years.
The notification for the examination is published on the official website of union public service commission and to keep yourself updated, you must refer to the same.
1st February 2012, 10:21 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sorry to say this you are not eligible to apply for this examination at present because the candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must have not attained the age of 30 years as on 1st august of the year of the examination.

As per your qualification you are eligible to apply for Engineering Service examination but you not have a minimum 21 years of age at the time of appearing for Engineering examination.So try for this examination next year notification of engineering examination and i think you must understand the situation.

Let see eligibility criteria's of this examination :-

The candidate must have a completed their graduate degree in engineering of a recognized University or equivalent qualification and those who are pursing in the final year of degree course or final semester of degree course may also eligible to apply for engineering examination but pre-final year of degree may not eligible to apply for this examination.

Some branches are eligible to apply for engineering service examination and they are :-

-Civil Engineering
-Mechanical Engineering
-Electrical Engineering
-Electronics and Telecommunication..etc.

M.Sc candidate may also eligible but some branches only and it will mentioned in the notification of IES examination.

The candidate age should have a minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination and relaxation is given to the various reserved categories.

More details,Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
1st February 2012, 10:36 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

HI Dear
After complete your B.Tech degree then you are eligible for IES exam.

For IES exam only 4 branches are eligible
like:-

*Electrical
*Electronics
*Civil
*Mechanical

All the question paper is related to your branch papers.

So,according to your quote after complete your degree you are eligible to give
IES exam.............

Good Luck............
1st February 2012, 11:35 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
I am sorry to say atht you are not eligible for I.E.S exam at the age of 20 year...

I.E.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass engineering with any of the following stream fron recginiced university:-

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

GOOD LUCK!
10th February 2012, 06:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sorry to say that you are not applicable for IES exam because you are now in 7th sem but after completion of your completion of your graduation degree you are applicable for IES because you are from ECE department.

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

If you have M.Sc degree in Physics , Radio Physics then you are applicable for CDS exam.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time

EXAMINATION SCHEDULE:-

DATE OF NOTIFICATION:- 18.08.2012

LAST DATE RECEIPT APPLICATION:- 17.09.2012

DATE OF EXAM:- 01.12.2012

For Online Application using the link http://upsconline.nic.in

27th March 2012, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for IES exam while i m in 7 th sem and 21 year old ?
27th March 2012, 11:44 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
Really sorry to say this you are not eligible to write this exam because the minimum age to eligible this exam is 21 years.
Now you are 20years old so you are not eligible for IES.
IES EXAM is conducted by the UPSC once in a year.
As per your educational qualification you are eligible but as per your age criteria you are not eligible.
So at the age of 21 years you can apply for the IES.
ALL THE BEST
28th March 2012, 09:56 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IES-INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC once every year for recruitment of fresh engineering Graduate in the top technical post under Central Govt.

You are at present not eligible to apply for IES while you are now in 7th Semester of ECE with a age of 20 years.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years of age.

So if you are interested for IES then please wait till you are 21 year of age along with either appear for the final B.Tech. exam or pass.

For more information you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in
1st June 2012, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Am i elijible for ies exam being an ece,not ana ete?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?