3rd November 2011, 09:07 AM
siraj008

Am I eligible for IIMs having completed Graduation from a UGC recognized university but not by AICTE?

Sir,

I have completed my Graduation from Eiilm University, Sikkim through distance mode and secured 75%. But Eiilm is not ACITE recognized although it is ecognized by UGC. So am I elegible for IIM's ?

4th November 2011, 07:59 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIMs having completed Graduation from a UGC recognized university but not by AICTE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraj008 View Post
Sir,

I have completed my Graduation from Eiilm University, Sikkim through distance mode and secured 75%. But Eiilm is not ACITE recognized although it is ecognized by UGC. So am I elegible for IIM's ?
Yes, Definitely you are eligible for IIM's after completing Graduation form a UGC Recognised colleges.

The admission in IIM's are based on entrance examination (CAT).

CAT Stands for Common Admission Test and this examination is conducted by IIM's one times in a year, the examination is held in the month of November and the Notification of this examination is Published in the CAT Official website.

For this year CAT Examination last date was already Over and the examination was already started.

To apply for CAT Examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised university With Minimum 50% Marks, Final year graduate candidates are also eligible for CAT Examination.

So, If you have completed your Graduation in Distance Mode then also you are eligible for CAT Entrance examination, If your university is Recognised By UGC. So, please apply for CAT Examination next year and try to scored Good percentile, to get admission in IIM's. Those who cracked the CAT Examination with good percentile will be called form Top Business schools for next rounds i.e Group discussion and Personal Interview.

So, you are eligible to apply for CAT Entrance examination and for more Information check official website :

http://catiim.in
4th November 2011, 09:41 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIMs having completed Graduation from a UGC recognized university but not by AICTE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraj008 View Post
Sir,

Dear Friend,

First of all I want to congratulate you to score such a good marks in Graduation.
Any Colleges which is recognized by the UGC need not to be recognized by the ACITE.So don't take any tension.Your college is recognized by the Govt.And so you are quite eligible to appear for the examination to take admission in the IIM.

Best Wishes.....
4th November 2011, 12:16 PM
apoorva bhati

Smile Re: Am I eligible for IIMs having completed Graduation from a UGC recognized university but not by AICTE?

You are definitely eligible for IIMs.

The candidate must hold a Bachelor's Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA).

You need to give CAT(Common Admission Test), on the score which you will be considered for IIMs.You may fill CAT form next year, they are available from august to september end.CAT scores are also considered in other good B-schools.

All The Best!!!
4th November 2011, 01:02 PM
Fraction Down

dear friend,

1)The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks.Relaxation for SC/ST is 45%.

2)A candidate who has professional qualification in CS, CA or others can also apply for the IIM.

3)The candidate should qualify the C.A.T examination as it is the entrance for IIM's.

4)After that candidate have to clear GD and PI round for the particular IIM.

Expected Salary:-

For more details follow:-www.catiim.in/

best of luck.
5th November 2011, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

THANK YOU FOR THE REPLIES
5th November 2011, 02:52 PM
siraj008

Thank you for all the replies
12th March 2012, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed may BA with economics from global open university nagaland and now i want to complete my MA Economics from Eiilm university sikkim so please tell me is this university is recognized by UGC, DEC or not and is this university is Affiliated with kashmir university.
30th April 2012, 04:50 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

CAT Stands for Common Admission Test and this examination is conducted by IIM's one times in a year, the examination is held in the month of November and the Notification of this examination is Published in the CAT Official website.this year CAT Examination last date was already Over and the examination was already started. for CAT Examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised university With Minimum 50% Marks, Final year graduate you are also eligible for CAT Examination.So, If you have completed your Graduation in Distance Mode then also you are eligible for CAT Entrance examination, If your university is Recognised By UGC. So, please apply for CAT Examination next year and try to scored Good percentile
18th May 2012, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i have the same doubt asked by Mr.Siraj008. Thanks for your valuable information.
22nd August 2012, 04:51 PM
raj kundre

i have done my BA degree in eiilm univrsity through distane education i want to know that wheather i am eligible to write upsc exams?
22nd August 2012, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

One doubt though. i have seen SMU to be recognized under UGC act 2f and Cat Eligibility states it needs to be recognized under UGC act 3. How are they different ?
11th October 2012, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

Distance mode degree is eligible to write cat exam
10th May 2013, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.COM. from EIILM University. Can Iget admission in MBA in University of India?
11th May 2013, 07:12 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

If it is recognized by the University Grants Commission then you don't need to worry. Besides not all universities are recognized by the AICTE. Generally universities that offer technical education and management education are recognized by ACITE. For example all the Engineering colleges are recognized by the AICTE.

Since you have completed graduation, start preparing for the Common Admission Test. This is the test for you to get admission in Indian Institutes of Management.

Common Admission Test is conducted by the IIMs through a rotation policy. Which means every year, different IIM conducts the entrance exam. The exam is conducted during October.

Eligibility

1. Bachelor degree from a recognized college.

2. Minimum of 50 percent marks in graduation.

3. 45 percent marks are required for Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe.

Since you will be meeting the criteria, apply for the exam once the forms are released. After clearing CAT, apply for as many IIMs as possible. Even if you have scored extremely well.

When applying for IIM your marks in 10th and 12th may also be evaluated. This is not the case will all IIMs but some give weightage to the 10th and 12th standard marks.

The procedure will be that you will receive a letter from IIM. After which you will appear for group discussion and interview to get admission.
11th May 2013, 11:12 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

There is no need to recognise one's Graduation by AICTE for admission to IIM. Graduation Degree should be recognised by University Grant Commission(UGC).

IIM - Indian Institute of Management conducts entrance exam like CAT(Common Admission Test) for admission to 2 years post Graduation MBA(Master of Business Administration) Course which can be taken after Graduation.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream with 50% marks from recognised University, can apply for MBA to IIM through CAT.
12th May 2013, 12:15 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Distance mode degree is eligible to write cat exam
YES, you can appear in the CAT exams.

Eligibilty to apply for the CAT exams is:
Graduation pass in any stream with minimum 50% marks for General and OBC candidates and minimum 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
Final year Graduation students can also apply

CAT exams are normally held in Month of october and November.
Exams are held in online mode only

To get calls from IIM, you have to get atleast 98 percentile marks in the CAT written tests

After this you would be called by IIM for the next rounds that is Group Discussion and Personal Interview.

CAT exams questions are asked from below sections:
Verbal Ability
Logical Reasoning
Quantitative Ability
Data Interpretation
23rd May 2013, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

sir my aim is to do diplamo in journalism course in iimc.. but i finished my degree in open university.. am i qualify for writing the entrance exam of iimc
2nd November 2013, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

am i eligible for iim having pursued b.tech frrom private university under section 2f of ugc act
19th June 2014, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

after doing Btech from SRM university in Sonepat ,Am I eligible for higher stutidies in US for doing MS through GRE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?